Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted May 11, 2010
1:43:47 PM
View profile
best reason to hate att

the reason i least like att service would be they don't bother trying to offer low prices like tmobile and sprint... and they will never lower prices only up

the reason i least like att service would be they don't bother trying to offer low prices like tmobile and sprint... and they will never lower prices only up

best reason to hate att

10 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(10)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 11, 2010 4:02:06 PM
(0)
Employee

They just lowered Unlimted calling from 99.99$ to 69.99$ like 3 months ago

They just lowered Unlimted calling from 99.99$ to 69.99$ like 3 months ago

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: best reason to hate att

2 of 11 (1,778 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 11, 2010 4:21:38 PM
(0)
Scholar
Edited by cwrig on May 11, 2010 at 4:23:46 PM

1. They are in bed with Satan (I mean apple)
  2. 3G is in pretty small pockets
  3. Last in CS
  4. Most dropped calls reported of any carrier
But I still dont hate ATT.  Just dont like these things.

3. Last in CS

[ Edited ]
3 of 11 (1,773 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 11, 2010 6:24:02 PM
(0)
Scholar

And wanting them to be more like sprint is wishing to be on the titanic. Sprint is not in good shape at all. I hope the Evo will change things for them since we need the competition in the cell industry.

And wanting them to be more like sprint is wishing to be on the titanic. Sprint is not in good shape at all. I hope the Evo will change things for them since we need the competition in the cell industry.

4 of 11 (1,749 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 11, 2010 8:30:24 PM
(0)
Master

AT&T and Verizon don't NEED to engage in price wars with Sprint or T-Mobile.  That's the difference between top-tier and second-tier carriers.  You wouldn't expect to see M-B or BWM compete on price with Honda or Ford.

emfpir wrote:

AT&T and Verizon don't NEED to engage in price wars with Sprint or T-Mobile.  That's the difference between top-tier and second-tier carriers.  You wouldn't expect to see M-B or BWM compete on price with Honda or Ford.

emfpir wrote:

5 of 11 (1,733 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 11, 2010 8:32:00 PM
(0)
Master

They aren't in bed with anyone.  Just because you don't like how they've deployed Android doesn't mean the company is bad.  The next generation of Windows Mobile is moving in the same direction as Apple in not allowing unsigned apps.  I expect to see this become the default posture for mobile phone makers, especially as the phones get more powerful and the threat of malware and viruses becomes more prevalent.

cwrig wrote:

3. Last in CS

They aren't in bed with anyone.  Just because you don't like how they've deployed Android doesn't mean the company is bad.  The next generation of Windows Mobile is moving in the same direction as Apple in not allowing unsigned apps.  I expect to see this become the default posture for mobile phone makers, especially as the phones get more powerful and the threat of malware and viruses becomes more prevalent.

cwrig wrote:

3. Last in CS

6 of 11 (1,732 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 12, 2010 7:14:48 AM
(0)
Scholar

BrianfromNO wrote:

cwrig wrote:

3. Last in CS

so next they are going to start telling me what virus scan software i use on my home internet?? i dont think so. If people arent smart enough to not do this on their own, then they dont need to be using a smartphone anyway.

Feeding peoples ignorance isnt going to fix the root of the problem

BrianfromNO wrote:

cwrig wrote:

3. Last in CS

so next they are going to start telling me what virus scan software i use on my home internet?? i dont think so. If people arent smart enough to not do this on their own, then they dont need to be using a smartphone anyway.

Feeding peoples ignorance isnt going to fix the root of the problem

7 of 11 (1,701 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 12, 2010 7:26:33 AM
(0)
Master

Most of the large ISPs with whom I've dealt in the last few years have provided free virus scan software to their customers, although it was optional whether the customer actually installed and used it or not.  I wouldn't be shocked to see ISPs start REQUIRING their customers to use virus scan as a condition of service.  Many corporations and the US government don't allow you to add computers to their network unless they comply with their IT requirements, and some won't allow any third-party devices on their networks.  As ID theft and viruses become more prevalent and costly, I would expect to see this as the way of the future.  And yes, I do think so.  Look at the infection rates of Conficker, and tell me whether people as a whole are smart enough to deal with things like this.

AT&T has admittedly been slow to adopt Android, but prior to that they were slow to adopt Windows Mobile phones.  This is nothing new.  People would come in here and complain because one or more of the other carriers had a better/newer/cooler variant of whatever hot WinMo phone had been released, and AT&T did not.  AT&T has, in many ways, become the new Verizon in terms of branding, although they're not as shameless as Verizon was in nickle & diming their customers with add-on functions that the phones could already do (before Verizon disabled them).

Most of the large ISPs with whom I've dealt in the last few years have provided free virus scan software to their customers, although it was optional whether the customer actually installed and used it or not.  I wouldn't be shocked to see ISPs start REQUIRING their customers to use virus scan as a condition of service.  Many corporations and the US government don't allow you to add computers to their network unless they comply with their IT requirements, and some won't allow any third-party devices on their networks.  As ID theft and viruses become more prevalent and costly, I would expect to see this as the way of the future.  And yes, I do think so.  Look at the infection rates of Conficker, and tell me whether people as a whole are smart enough to deal with things like this.

AT&T has admittedly been slow to adopt Android, but prior to that they were slow to adopt Windows Mobile phones.  This is nothing new.  People would come in here and complain because one or more of the other carriers had a better/newer/cooler variant of whatever hot WinMo phone had been released, and AT&T did not.  AT&T has, in many ways, become the new Verizon in terms of branding, although they're not as shameless as Verizon was in nickle & diming their customers with add-on functions that the phones could already do (before Verizon disabled them).

8 of 11 (1,699 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 12, 2010 2:48:37 PM
(0)
Guru

BrianfromNO wrote:

emfpir wrote:

I agree with you brian. ATT and VZW have the much better coverage, better phone selections, ect.... No reason to compete with other smaller carriers prices.

BrianfromNO wrote:

emfpir wrote:

I agree with you brian. ATT and VZW have the much better coverage, better phone selections, ect.... No reason to compete with other smaller carriers prices.

9 of 11 (1,661 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 22, 2010 6:11:14 AM
(0)
Professor
Edited by RicoLX on May 22, 2010 at 6:12:46 AM

You'd think its the customers who make the company... you'd think ATT would champaign to 'keep' its current customer base by providing some sort of breaks and deals that will lock us into another two year agreement.

Instead , looks like they give the deals and breaks only to the 'new' customers , who , after 3 years are right here with the rest of us... wondering why...

For the record, i do not hate ATT  at all, i jsut want my service issues resolved... that's all... been 24 days and its not acceptible anymore.

You'd think its the customers who make the company... you'd think ATT would champaign to 'keep' its current customer base by providing some sort of breaks and deals that will lock us into another two year agreement.

Instead , looks like they give the deals and breaks only to the 'new' customers , who , after 3 years are right here with the rest of us... wondering why...

For the record, i do not hate ATT  at all, i jsut want my service issues resolved... that's all... been 24 days and its not acceptible anymore.

Me and My DELL Streak (TED-III)

[ Edited ]
10 of 11 (1,452 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 7, 2011 5:00:19 PM
(0)
Contributor

I have one that my wife just called me about. We were going to turn our phones off early and pay the extra charges and make the kids do it on their own, they are all older teens. My wife called and got the amount  it was around $340 so I say lets do it.  last month she calls and when she says she want to pay the amount and have the service disconnected, she is told that she does not have to do that but that ATT can put the phones on hold for $10 per phone per month per phone and when the contract is up we can call and cancel and it would save us $160 so okay lets do that. Well I get a call today and guess what we get our bill for $144 what happened to the $40 who knows. When she called ATT today and questioned it, they told here that putting the phones on hold was for people that leave the country like service people, makes sense. Except why did I get told that it was for us and ask for it. The phones have already been suspended from when the other person supposedly put them on the hold plan. So when my wife tells them she wants to stop the service she is told of course they are still good until XXXXXX date and asked if she is sure that she wants them off, my wife tells them they are already off from when she went on the hold plan last month. So now we get to pay the extra $140 because we made the mistake of listening to customer service. Now there is nothing you can do when you have several hundred customer service reps to make sure that they are all trained appropriately and you can never go back and say but I was told this even though the service was suspended already. But what I can do like anyone else is make my view known to others, I am lucky enough to travel throughout the US. to several of my companies locations,  and that is where I will a get to tell people about ATT.

I have one that my wife just called me about. We were going to turn our phones off early and pay the extra charges and make the kids do it on their own, they are all older teens. My wife called and got the amount  it was around $340 so I say lets do it.  last month she calls and when she says she want to pay the amount and have the service disconnected, she is told that she does not have to do that but that ATT can put the phones on hold for $10 per phone per month per phone and when the contract is up we can call and cancel and it would save us $160 so okay lets do that. Well I get a call today and guess what we get our bill for $144 what happened to the $40 who knows. When she called ATT today and questioned it, they told here that putting the phones on hold was for people that leave the country like service people, makes sense. Except why did I get told that it was for us and ask for it. The phones have already been suspended from when the other person supposedly put them on the hold plan. So when my wife tells them she wants to stop the service she is told of course they are still good until XXXXXX date and asked if she is sure that she wants them off, my wife tells them they are already off from when she went on the hold plan last month. So now we get to pay the extra $140 because we made the mistake of listening to customer service. Now there is nothing you can do when you have several hundred customer service reps to make sure that they are all trained appropriately and you can never go back and say but I was told this even though the service was suspended already. But what I can do like anyone else is make my view known to others, I am lucky enough to travel throughout the US. to several of my companies locations,  and that is where I will a get to tell people about ATT.

Re: best reason to hate ATT

11 of 11 (208 Views)