Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Jun 29, 2010
6:12:51 PM
best case/screen protector for iphone 4?

So i bought the ifrogz case along with a screen protector from ATT today.  The screen protectors were $20 and the case was $30

I love the case, however i tried putting on the screen protector tonight and failed horribly.  I could not get all of the air bubbles out of screen and when i put the case back on the edges bent on the screen protector.  So i threw that one out as it was useless after this.  The 2nd one i decided to trim the edges so that when the case was it wouldnt interfere with the screen protector.  The air bubbles on this thing are relentless, after 30 minutes of trying to apply i threw both of them out and am not angry i wasted $20 bucks on these pieces of junk.

Anyone else have a better screen protector experience?

So i bought the ifrogz case along with a screen protector from ATT today.  The screen protectors were $20 and the case was $30

I love the case, however i tried putting on the screen protector tonight and failed horribly.  I could not get all of the air bubbles out of screen and when i put the case back on the edges bent on the screen protector.  So i threw that one out as it was useless after this.  The 2nd one i decided to trim the edges so that when the case was it wouldnt interfere with the screen protector.  The air bubbles on this thing are relentless, after 30 minutes of trying to apply i threw both of them out and am not angry i wasted $20 bucks on these pieces of junk.

Anyone else have a better screen protector experience?

best case/screen protector for iphone 4?

59 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(59)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 30, 2010 5:08:37 PM
(0)
Mentor

according to att guy.... speck candy shell in black and gray...backordered for a month!

according to att guy.... speck candy shell in black and gray...backordered for a month!

Re: best case/screen protector for iphone 4?

31 of 60 (1,853 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 30, 2010 6:42:13 PM
(0)
Scholar

mista_g713 wrote:

It totally depends on the stock at any particular AT&T Store at any given time.  I bought my black/gray Candyshell three days ago at an AT&T Store in central TX.  They had at least three more left after I bought mine.  Check around at the different stores if you have more than one in your area.

mista_g713 wrote:

It totally depends on the stock at any particular AT&T Store at any given time.  I bought my black/gray Candyshell three days ago at an AT&T Store in central TX.  They had at least three more left after I bought mine.  Check around at the different stores if you have more than one in your area.

32 of 60 (1,819 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 30, 2010 6:45:25 PM
(0)
Mentor

yea i have been to about 4 or 5 different att stores the past 2 days with no luck..im in houston... however i just gave in and ordered an incipio silicrylic.

yea i have been to about 4 or 5 different att stores the past 2 days with no luck..im in houston... however i just gave in and ordered an incipio silicrylic.

33 of 60 (1,813 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 30, 2010 6:45:48 PM
(0)
Guru
Yeah the open top and bottom is a big con on the luxe lean.
Yeah the open top and bottom is a big con on the luxe lean.

34 of 60 (1,813 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 30, 2010 8:29:44 PM
(0)
Teacher

I am haven't gotten my iPhone 4 yet but I am getting the Power Support Anti-Glare when it comes out in later July.  At the rate the deliveries are going, it may be here before the phone!Smiley Very Happy

I am haven't gotten my iPhone 4 yet but I am getting the Power Support Anti-Glare when it comes out in later July.  At the rate the deliveries are going, it may be here before the phone!Smiley Very Happy

35 of 60 (1,766 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 1, 2010 6:36:20 AM
(0)
Guru

36 of 60 (1,686 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 1, 2010 7:25:11 AM
(0)
Professor

mdifilm wrote:

here's a cool case, but a bit expensive though:

http://gizmodo.com/5576923/vapor4-may-be-the-first-bumper-worthy-of-the-iphone-4

That is cool "very ironman" looking. Not sure how well it would protect the iP4 from a fall but it looks great. Would like to see pics of the mute button side!

mdifilm wrote:

http://gizmodo.com/5576923/vapor4-may-be-the-first-bumper-worthy-of-the-iphone-4

That is cool "very ironman" looking. Not sure how well it would protect the iP4 from a fall but it looks great. Would like to see pics of the mute button side!

37 of 60 (1,657 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 1, 2010 7:27:27 AM
(0)
Scholar

mdifilm wrote:

(speaking in a sarcastic tone) I know I would pay 80 bux for a case!

mdifilm wrote:

(speaking in a sarcastic tone) I know I would pay 80 bux for a case!

From my iPhone 4

38 of 60 (1,655 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 1, 2010 9:21:59 AM
(0)
Teacher

AnClar wrote:

wickedsurf wrote:

are the spek cases silicone?  I had an incase silicone case for my iphone 3g and it was a pain to get in and out of my pocket.  I went with a hardshell one after that.

They are a hybrid...hard shell and soft interior to protect your phone.  I have no problems getting the phone in and out of my pocket with the Candy Shell.  Here's the info on it.  http://www.speckproducts.com/products/candyshell/iphone-4/240

I just read a review on Amazon that someone left about the speck.  They said that the whole for the LED flash, is to close to the actual led causing the flash to reflect back to the lens of the camera giving the effect that someone is point a flashlight at the camera. Anyone experience this with the Speck.  This looks like a great case... but if this is happening.. I may pass...

AnClar wrote:

wickedsurf wrote:

are the spek cases silicone?  I had an incase silicone case for my iphone 3g and it was a pain to get in and out of my pocket.  I went with a hardshell one after that.

They are a hybrid...hard shell and soft interior to protect your phone.  I have no problems getting the phone in and out of my pocket with the Candy Shell.  Here's the info on it.  http://www.speckproducts.com/products/candyshell/iphone-4/240

I just read a review on Amazon that someone left about the speck.  They said that the whole for the LED flash, is to close to the actual led causing the flash to reflect back to the lens of the camera giving the effect that someone is point a flashlight at the camera. Anyone experience this with the Speck.  This looks like a great case... but if this is happening.. I may pass...

39 of 60 (1,606 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 1, 2010 9:53:38 AM
(0)
Teacher

Leviathon wrote:

I think if the Speck case or any case has too small of holes whether for flash or bottom connector I will just file it a bit bigger.   There aren't enough good choices yet to let something like that prevent me from buying an otherwise good case.   I know a number of cases don't accomodate older or 3rd party docking cables but should with a bit of help from a file or such.

Leviathon wrote:

I think if the Speck case or any case has too small of holes whether for flash or bottom connector I will just file it a bit bigger.   There aren't enough good choices yet to let something like that prevent me from buying an otherwise good case.   I know a number of cases don't accomodate older or 3rd party docking cables but should with a bit of help from a file or such.

40 of 60 (1,588 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 1, 2010 11:49:56 AM
(0)
Mentor

I saw that too and it is a huge problem for me as I use the camera a lot. Grrrr. Is it too much to ask for the perfect case? lol

I saw that too and it is a huge problem for me as I use the camera a lot. Grrrr. Is it too much to ask for the perfect case? lol

Re: best case/screen protector for iphone 4

41 of 60 (1,762 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 1, 2010 12:09:41 PM
(0)
Contributor

I just got my phone today and put it directly into an Epik case... got it at w w w dot degasis dot net... it was really cheap, fast shipping, and fits the phone like a glove.  it unfortunately covers the back except for the camera/flash and apple logo, but it does not attract lint, and definitely provides a little cushion without adding much to the size.  ordered a screen protector from him too, now the device is completely covered...

I just got my phone today and put it directly into an Epik case... got it at w w w dot degasis dot net... it was really cheap, fast shipping, and fits the phone like a glove.  it unfortunately covers the back except for the camera/flash and apple logo, but it does not attract lint, and definitely provides a little cushion without adding much to the size.  ordered a screen protector from him too, now the device is completely covered...

Re: best case/screen protector for iphone 4

42 of 60 (1,753 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 1, 2010 3:10:02 PM
(0)
Guru

nlkccom wrote:

iFrosty wrote:

hahhahaha
i baught the rocketfish case and it works like a charm Smiley Happy

Is the rocketfish case a hard case or silicon?

silicon
but it covers the sides of the iphone really well! (around the screen and edges)

nlkccom wrote:

iFrosty wrote:

hahhahaha
i baught the rocketfish case and it works like a charm Smiley Happy

Is the rocketfish case a hard case or silicon?

silicon
but it covers the sides of the iphone really well! (around the screen and edges)

43 of 60 (1,686 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 1, 2010 3:11:47 PM
(0)
Guru

im now just waiting for the email from Otter saying that the iphone 4 Case (Otterbox) is available Smiley Happy

im now just waiting for the email from Otter saying that the iphone 4 Case (Otterbox) is available Smiley Happy

44 of 60 (1,684 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 1, 2010 4:56:28 PM
(0)
Scholar

I spoke to a support person at Otter yesterday...he said that while he didn't have any "official" timeline for release of the Otterbox Defender for iPhone 4, he did say that he expected that it would be in the 4 - 6 week timeframe.

I spoke to a support person at Otter yesterday...he said that while he didn't have any "official" timeline for release of the Otterbox Defender for iPhone 4, he did say that he expected that it would be in the 4 - 6 week timeframe.

45 of 60 (1,648 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 1, 2010 5:05:10 PM
(0)
Mentor

iFrosty wrote:

yeah me too, last I heard was september but I really hope not. I have the rockfish silicon case until I can get an otterbox, I just hope it's not too much longer. Doubtful but i'd love to have it before my D.C. trip july 27th. I'm a new iphone user and I just want the proper protection of the otterbox for my phone lol.

iFrosty wrote:

yeah me too, last I heard was september but I really hope not. I have the rockfish silicon case until I can get an otterbox, I just hope it's not too much longer. Doubtful but i'd love to have it before my D.C. trip july 27th. I'm a new iphone user and I just want the proper protection of the otterbox for my phone lol.

46 of 60 (1,638 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 1, 2010 6:32:51 PM
(0)
Teacher

Check this case out! Very slick... and nice!

http://news.cnet.com/8301-17938_105-20009488-1.html

Check this case out! Very slick... and nice!

http://news.cnet.com/8301-17938_105-20009488-1.html

47 of 60 (1,605 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 1, 2010 6:50:14 PM
(0)
Guru

Denson wrote:

Wow the guy told us to only wait 24 hours to put the case on...  eek!

I also got an iFrogz until I could get something else, now I guess I won't bother with it. It is KILLING me not to play with my phone right now. We just had it done tonight.

the 24 hours is just an estimate
its a good thing to allow the shield to dry and to allow the solution to dry as well
once it dries, its SAFER to put the case on so that YOU DONT lift the screen
It makes your life a little bit easier (so you dont have go back to bestbuy)
But like i said USE your PHONE normally, but dont put the case on right away
its safe to make calls, text, email, etc
It HELPS to allow the solution to dry quicker and allows you to case your phone

Denson wrote:

Wow the guy told us to only wait 24 hours to put the case on...  eek!

I also got an iFrogz until I could get something else, now I guess I won't bother with it. It is KILLING me not to play with my phone right now. We just had it done tonight.

the 24 hours is just an estimate
its a good thing to allow the shield to dry and to allow the solution to dry as well
once it dries, its SAFER to put the case on so that YOU DONT lift the screen
It makes your life a little bit easier (so you dont have go back to bestbuy)
But like i said USE your PHONE normally, but dont put the case on right away
its safe to make calls, text, email, etc
It HELPS to allow the solution to dry quicker and allows you to case your phone

48 of 60 (1,592 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 1, 2010 10:25:56 PM
(0)
Teacher

mista_g713 wrote:

They are all out at my store as well and was also told around a month to get more in stock.  Meanwhile, no one else except BestBuy seems to be carrying any iPhone 4 cases yet.  Even called "the Shack" and they told me they "might" be getting some in towards the end of next week.

mista_g713 wrote:

They are all out at my store as well and was also told around a month to get more in stock.  Meanwhile, no one else except BestBuy seems to be carrying any iPhone 4 cases yet.  Even called "the Shack" and they told me they "might" be getting some in towards the end of next week.

49 of 60 (1,543 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 3, 2010 6:45:38 AM
(0)
Contributor

Yes this website reviews the top 3 iPhone 4 cases and covers: http://news.suite101.com/article.cfm/top-three-iphone-4-cases-and-covers-a251876

Apparently it lists them from Scosche, Gumdrop and Proporta.

what do you guys think?

Yes this website reviews the top 3 iPhone 4 cases and covers: http://news.suite101.com/article.cfm/top-three-iphone-4-cases-and-covers-a251876

Apparently it lists them from Scosche, Gumdrop and Proporta.

what do you guys think?

50 of 60 (1,413 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 3, 2010 7:08:31 AM
(0)
Mentor

Leviathon wrote:

AnClar wrote:

wickedsurf wrote:

I have been using the Speck Candy Shell on my iPhone 4, and I get a halo effect when I use the flash.  I thought it was a defect in my flash until I started reading about others having this problem.  When I removed the case and took a flash pic, everything looked fine.  I'm returning it today.

Leviathon wrote:

AnClar wrote:

wickedsurf wrote:

I have been using the Speck Candy Shell on my iPhone 4, and I get a halo effect when I use the flash.  I thought it was a defect in my flash until I started reading about others having this problem.  When I removed the case and took a flash pic, everything looked fine.  I'm returning it today.

51 of 60 (1,590 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 3, 2010 7:37:50 AM
(0)
Guru

catsmomsny wrote:

Sounds like some manufactures need to go back to the drawing boards and do some slight redesigns. iFrogz and Speck I am talking about you two.

catsmomsny wrote:

Sounds like some manufactures need to go back to the drawing boards and do some slight redesigns. iFrogz and Speck I am talking about you two.

52 of 60 (1,575 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 3, 2010 10:40:21 AM
(0)
Mentor
Edited by mista_g713 on Jul 3, 2010 at 10:40:53 AM

just got my incipio silicrylic.. i really like it. i had to slightly trim the are around the flash to stop the reflection and it works fine. now im just waiting on my new invisible shield.

just got my incipio silicrylic.. i really like it. i had to slightly trim the are around the flash to stop the reflection and it works fine. now im just waiting on my new invisible shield.

[ Edited ]
53 of 60 (1,542 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 4, 2010 7:24:47 PM
(0)
Mentor

Has anybody tried this dry invisible shield from ATT?

http://www.wireless.att.com/cell-phone-service/accessory-details/?q_categoryid=cat2240038&q_sku=sku4...=

I'm thinking to use it with a bumper but haven't seen any reviews on the dry one.

Has anybody tried this dry invisible shield from ATT?

http://www.wireless.att.com/cell-phone-service/accessory-details/?q_categoryid=cat2240038&q_sku=sku4740241&q_manufacturer=&q_model=

I'm thinking to use it with a bumper but haven't seen any reviews on the dry one.

54 of 60 (1,458 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 4, 2010 7:46:11 PM
(0)
Guru
Edited by Neihn on Jul 4, 2010 at 7:51:38 PM

The Dry shield is very new so you wont find to many reviews for it yet.

Edit: Heres Zaggs video of it on youtube I like how they made the alignment process so much easier without having to touch the shield itself. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G64Fh8m7qGs

Edit: Heres Zaggs video of it on youtube I like how they made the alignment process so much easier without having to touch the shield itself. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G64Fh8m7qGs

[ Edited ]
55 of 60 (1,445 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 4, 2010 8:31:08 PM
(0)
Mentor

Neihn wrote:

Thanks! This helps a lot.

I think I'll go with the dry shield and the bumper so I have everything ready for my new phone's arrival.Smiley Happy

Now I have a Power Support screen protector on my 3gs and it's good, very easy to apply (something I liked about it was the pre-installation film, adhesive on one side to remove dust and lint!), but it's rather thick, definitely not invisible.

Neihn wrote:

Thanks! This helps a lot.

I think I'll go with the dry shield and the bumper so I have everything ready for my new phone's arrival.Smiley Happy

Now I have a Power Support screen protector on my 3gs and it's good, very easy to apply (something I liked about it was the pre-installation film, adhesive on one side to remove dust and lint!), but it's rather thick, definitely not invisible.

56 of 60 (1,419 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 29, 2010 3:57:21 AM
(0)
Contributor

I was wondering if anyone knows if the speck candy shell for the iphone 4 would work if I have zagg invisible shield installed on the front and back of my iphone 4.  Thanks so much

I was wondering if anyone knows if the speck candy shell for the iphone 4 would work if I have zagg invisible shield installed on the front and back of my iphone 4.  Thanks so much

57 of 60 (873 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 3, 2011 8:49:09 PM
(0)
Tutor

I like the otterbox case http://otterbox.com and  xo skins screen protector http://xoskins.com combo. The case is a little expensive, but it will keep your phone form shattering

I like the otterbox case http://otterbox.com and  xo skins screen protector http://xoskins.com combo. The case is a little expensive, but it will keep your phone form shattering

58 of 60 (345 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 3, 2011 8:51:13 PM
(0)
Tutor

Whoa, that Vapor 4 looks freakin sweet! How well does it absorb impact?

Whoa, that Vapor 4 looks freakin sweet! How well does it absorb impact?

59 of 60 (342 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 4, 2011 1:01:37 PM
(0)
Tutor

I had also been looking for the best case for my soon to be ip4s, and while looking on amazon, people WERE complaining about the hole for the flash, but if you look on speck company website, you will see that they redesigned the case for the 4s. you need to check which one you are buying, as the ATT stores are still selling the previous gen case, which causes the halo. the new speck candyshells have a bigger hole for the camera/ flash area. I had no problem wiht getting my case, but they were extremely limited in colors.

I had also been looking for the best case for my soon to be ip4s, and while looking on amazon, people WERE complaining about the hole for the flash, but if you look on speck company website, you will see that they redesigned the case for the 4s. you need to check which one you are buying, as the ATT stores are still selling the previous gen case, which causes the halo. the new speck candyshells have a bigger hole for the camera/ flash area. I had no problem wiht getting my case, but they were extremely limited in colors.

60 of 60 (308 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments