best case/screen protector for iphone 4?

Mentor

best case/screen protector for iphone 4?

So i bought the ifrogz case along with a screen protector from ATT today.  The screen protectors were $20 and the case was $30

I love the case, however i tried putting on the screen protector tonight and failed horribly.  I could not get all of the air bubbles out of screen and when i put the case back on the edges bent on the screen protector.  So i threw that one out as it was useless after this.  The 2nd one i decided to trim the edges so that when the case was it wouldnt interfere with the screen protector.  The air bubbles on this thing are relentless, after 30 minutes of trying to apply i threw both of them out and am not angry i wasted $20 bucks on these pieces of junk.

Anyone else have a better screen protector experience?

Message 1 of 60 (7,697 Views)
Guru

Re: best case/screen protector for iphone 4?

wickedsurf wrote:

So i bought the ifrogz case along with a screen protector from ATT today.  The screen protectors were $20 and the case was $30

I love the case, however i tried putting on the screen protector tonight and failed horribly.  I could not get all of the air bubbles out of screen and when i put the case back on the edges bent on the screen protector.  So i threw that one out as it was useless after this.  The 2nd one i decided to trim the edges so that when the case was it wouldnt interfere with the screen protector.  The air bubbles on this thing are relentless, after 30 minutes of trying to apply i threw both of them out and am not angry i wasted $20 bucks on these pieces of junk.

Anyone else have a better screen protector experience?

Welcome to the iFrogz club. You will find several of us here tried using a iFrogz case with scren protectors and all of us have failed as well. I lost a Zagg Shield and iFrogz very own screen protectors trying to get a screen protector to work with that case. I ended up returning the case and getting a bumper from Apple and used Zagg Shields on the front and back. Another option would be to use the Zagg on the front (or any other screen protector you wish) and a Speck case. So far those are the only 2 that i have personally tested with screen protectors and found them to work. I ended up going with the bumper just because i didnt like the feel of the Speck when gripping it.

Message 2 of 60 (7,610 Views)
Mentor

My husband and I let Best Buy install Zaggs on our phones tonight. It cost $8/ea extra, but I let him worry about it and not us. Smiley Very Happy

Message 3 of 60 (7,575 Views)
Guru

i work at bestbuy

the Zagg invisashield is worth it
they will install it for you
i have it on my iphone 4 now and all my other iphones

but if you go that route, BEWARE:
1) after installation DO NOT put in POCKET ( wait at LEAST 5 hours )
2) after installation DO NOT put the ifrogz case or any case for that matter on (wait a few days ( i know it sucks ) for everything to dry)

3) Use the phone as much as possible: the heat from ur face and the backlight helps the drying work alot quicker

But in all honesty, the screen protector is worth every penny
plus you will get a lifetime warranty through ZAGG ( so if anything does happen, they will send u a new screen for free)

Message 4 of 60 (7,561 Views)
Guru

iFrosty wrote:

i work at bestbuy

the Zagg invisashield is worth it
they will install it for you
i have it on my iphone 4 now and all my other iphones

but if you go that route, BEWARE:
1) after installation DO NOT put in POCKET ( wait at LEAST 5 hours )
2) after installation DO NOT EVER put the ifrogz case on or any case for that matter on (wait a few days ( i know it sucks ) for everything to dry)

3) Use the phone as much as possible: the heat from ur face and the backlight helps the drying work alot quicker

But in all honesty, the screen protector is worth every penny
plus you will get a lifetime warranty through ZAGG ( so if anything does happen, they will send u a new screen for free)

I corrected your post above. I waited 4 days before trying to slide my case on and it immediatly started to peel the shield off. Others are complaining about the same thing. At this time I recommend a different case other then iFrogz when trying to use with a screen protector.

Message 5 of 60 (7,546 Views)
Guru

hahhahaha
i baught the rocketfish case and it works like a charm Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 60 (7,530 Views)
Mentor

Wow the guy told us to only wait 24 hours to put the case on...  eek!

I also got an iFrogz until I could get something else, now I guess I won't bother with it. It is KILLING me not to play with my phone right now. We just had it done tonight.

Message 7 of 60 (7,517 Views)
Guru

iFrosty wrote:

hahhahaha

I know Speck and Apples bumpers work fine with the screen protectors as well.

Denson wrote:

Wow the guy told us to only wait 24 hours to put the case on...  eek!

I also got an iFrogz until I could get something else, now I guess I won't bother with it. It is KILLING me not to play with my phone right now. We just had it done tonight.

If you decide to go ahead and try to use a iFrogz case be very cautious its track record is not very good at the moment.

Message 8 of 60 (7,473 Views)
Mentor

I wanted a speck but the best buy didn't have any in for the iphone 4. So I got the iFrogz as to have something. Now I don't want to use it at all! I didn't like the color anyway. Smiley Very Happy

Message 9 of 60 (7,470 Views)
Guru

[ Edited ]

Denson wrote:

I wanted a speck but the best buy didn't have any in for the iphone 4. So I got the iFrogz as to have something. Now I don't want to use it at all! I didn't like the color anyway. Smiley Very Happy

Well the Speck Candyshell cases are currently at AT&T stores thats where I tried it out before I decided on the bumper.

Message 10 of 60 (7,465 Views)
Scholar

Neihn wrote:

Denson wrote:

Well the Speck Candyshell cases are currently at AT&T stores thats where I tried it out before I decided on the bumper.

i wish the att stores by me had the candyshells in stock Smiley Sad

Message 11 of 60 (3,366 Views)
Scholar

If the candy shell for the 4 is anything like their case for the 3GS get it. I have one for my 3GS and it does a great job if protecting the phone.
Message 12 of 60 (3,338 Views)
Mentor

To clarify the Zagg warranty...

They do not replace the screen, they will replace the screen protector if it become scratched.

Message 13 of 60 (3,286 Views)
Mentor

I can't find the speck candyshell anywhere local, they are all out of stock. Anyone know where to buy them online?

Message 14 of 60 (3,250 Views)
Tutor

iFrosty wrote:

hahhahaha

Is the rocketfish case a hard case or silicon?

Message 15 of 60 (3,248 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.