Posted Jan 30, 2008
6:01:31 AM
View profile
before I left US,I did call at&t for international ca...
before I left US,I did call at&t for international call,but I'm in vietnam my phone can't be use,it show no service.what can  do
before I left US,I did call at&t for international call,but I'm in vietnam my phone can't be use,it show no service.what can  do

before I left US,I did call at&t for international ca...

2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Cancel
Submit
View all replies
(2)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 30, 2008 8:38:07 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

dng35 wrote:
What is your phone model? It has to support GSM 900 used by roaming partners of AT&T. You can use the Travel Guide to find out if your phone is supposed to work there.

Assuming it is, you will need to find a way to call AT&T International care: 1-916-843-4685 and have them check whether your roaming was enabled.

dng35 wrote:
What is your phone model? It has to support GSM 900 used by roaming partners of AT&T. You can use the Travel Guide to find out if your phone is supposed to work there.

Assuming it is, you will need to find a way to call AT&T International care: 1-916-843-4685 and have them check whether your roaming was enabled.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: before I left US,I did call at&t for international ca...

2 of 3 (2,048 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 5, 2008 9:46:30 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor
If you have checked that your phone is is the correct hardware for accessing the network (as the reply above suggests) its still possible to have problems connecting to a foreign network, even if your account is properly provisioned to do so.  I had that problem when travelling to Japan recently.  I called customer support  (+1-916-843-4685 form overseas), and they were able to sort it out.  Apparently, my account did have International Roaming activated, but there were some "daughter codes" (whatever that means) missing on their system.  He was able to fix it right up in just a couple minutes.

Call the 916 customer service number and they should be able to set you straight.
If you have checked that your phone is is the correct hardware for accessing the network (as the reply above suggests) its still possible to have problems connecting to a foreign network, even if your account is properly provisioned to do so.  I had that problem when travelling to Japan recently.  I called customer support  (+1-916-843-4685 form overseas), and they were able to sort it out.  Apparently, my account did have International Roaming activated, but there were some "daughter codes" (whatever that means) missing on their system.  He was able to fix it right up in just a couple minutes.

Call the 916 customer service number and they should be able to set you straight.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: before I left US,I did call at&t for international ca...

3 of 3 (1,890 Views)