Helpful Links

battery life for a blackberry curve 8310

Mentor

battery life for a blackberry curve 8310

What is your life for your bb 8310? I have mine for about 2 hours and then it drops to about 80 or 90 percent. I dont want the specs!! Your battery life.
Message 1 of 6
Professor

Re: battery life for a blackberry curve 8310

Mine usually lasts any where from 3 to 4 days. I turn mine on about 9am and off about 9pm, I do text, talk and use data. After about 3 to 4 days, I am down to 35% to 50% depending on my usage. I usually charge it then. I don't think I have every gotten below 30% except for when I was trying to run the battery down and that took forever it seemed. Some charge theirs every night, 80% or 30%. It is up to you.
Message 2 of 6
Mentor

But i dont think mine even gets that good. mine has to be on at all times for work. i get and sent emails, texts and make calls i dont think mine lives up to the battery life. Do you use yours for everything? i charge mine everynight.
Message 3 of 6
Highlighted
Professor

I get 3 - 4 days with constant email, very little internet and moderate phone use. And it's never turned off. I don't charge it till it gets down to 20 - 30%.
Message 4 of 6
Professor

BerryCurve wrote:
But i dont think mine even gets that good. mine has to be on at all times for work. i get and sent emails, texts and make calls i dont think mine lives up to the battery life. Do you use yours for everything? i charge mine everynight.

I play games on mine, text, send pictures, talk, get on the internet and of course email.

Make sure when you exit a program, hit Menu > Close/Exit not the end button. You can see what is running by pressing and holding ALT then hit the Esc key (the one next to the end button). Scroll through and make sure nothing else is running. I think the ones that are always shown is Messages, PTT, Browser, Call Log, oh there are 2 more I think. This will help on battery life too.
Message 5 of 6
Mentor

I just did that hopefully it works.
Message 6 of 6
Share this topic
Announcements

Find out how to track your iPhone's delivery!

Have questions about International Plans? Get the answers on Wed. 10/25 at Hello World: International Plans, from 1-4pm ET / 10am-1pm PT!

Let us help you upgrade and activate your device!

Additional Support