View all replies
(24)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 23, 2009 6:41:15 PM
(0)
Professor
No... but I heard rumors that T-Mobile trying to buy Sprint.
No... but I heard rumors that T-Mobile trying to buy Sprint.

Re: at&t being bought out by t-mobile

2 of 25 (426 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 23, 2009 7:07:13 PM
(0)
Scholar

moonlite522 wrote:
is there any truth to this?
 I don't think that the FCC would allow that to happen it would be too big, and besides it would be a GSM monopoly, and wouldn't give any small GSM carriers an opportunity.

moonlite522 wrote:
is there any truth to this?
 I don't think that the FCC would allow that to happen it would be too big, and besides it would be a GSM monopoly, and wouldn't give any small GSM carriers an opportunity.

3 of 25 (419 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 23, 2009 7:13:00 PM
(0)
Teacher
i wonder.  i'll do a little research on it, though.  i'm hearing alot of conflicting stories though.
i wonder.  i'll do a little research on it, though.  i'm hearing alot of conflicting stories though.

4 of 25 (414 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 23, 2009 7:14:06 PM
(0)
Scholar

moonlite522 wrote:
where did you hear this rumor?

moonlite522 wrote:

5 of 25 (411 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 23, 2009 7:22:43 PM
(0)
Former Employee
There is no way
There is no way

6 of 25 (414 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 23, 2009 7:59:50 PM
(0)
Master

enmanuel wrote:

moonlite522 wrote:

The internet....It must be true!!!!!!!!! :smileywink:

For service or support questions including existing order status, call:
Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500

Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser:
https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/

enmanuel wrote:

moonlite522 wrote:

For service or support questions including existing order status, call:
Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500

Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser:
https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/
Posted from my iPhone _____________________________ For service or support questions including existing order status, call: Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500 Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser: https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/

7 of 25 (399 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 23, 2009 8:03:29 PM
(0)
Scholar

youngjm wrote:

enmanuel wrote:

moonlite522 wrote:

thanks! i knew it had to be a very reliable source.-lol. 

youngjm wrote:

enmanuel wrote:

moonlite522 wrote:

thanks! i knew it had to be a very reliable source.-lol. 

8 of 25 (397 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 23, 2009 8:06:58 PM
(0)
Professor

youngjm wrote:

enmanuel wrote:

moonlite522 wrote:

If it came from pizza boy it must be true:smileyvery-happy:

youngjm wrote:

enmanuel wrote:

moonlite522 wrote:

If it came from pizza boy it must be true:smileyvery-happy:

9 of 25 (394 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 23, 2009 8:16:57 PM
(0)
Scholar
Jeez, where would they get the financing for that? That'd be quite a move for such a small company, comparatively. Sprint would definitely make more sense. There's been speculation they want a buyer in the worst way.
Jeez, where would they get the financing for that? That'd be quite a move for such a small company, comparatively. Sprint would definitely make more sense. There's been speculation they want a buyer in the worst way.

10 of 25 (391 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 23, 2009 9:21:39 PM
(0)
Teacher
LMAO. a friend of mine who has t-mobile's service told me.  but i think they may have been confused, i've been looking around quite a bit, and the only thing i was able to find was that T-Mobile bought a little bit of Cingular's shares and minutes, back when it was Cingular, but nothing current.  as for t-mobile buying sprint...  here's a link... interesting, indeed.
LMAO. a friend of mine who has t-mobile's service told me.  but i think they may have been confused, i've been looking around quite a bit, and the only thing i was able to find was that T-Mobile bought a little bit of Cingular's shares and minutes, back when it was Cingular, but nothing current.  as for t-mobile buying sprint...  here's a link... interesting, indeed.

11 of 25 (349 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 24, 2009 5:20:26 AM
(0)
Scholar
Small company?   Hardly.....   T-Mobile is huge in the rest of the world and only really struggles here in the US.
Small company?   Hardly.....   T-Mobile is huge in the rest of the world and only really struggles here in the US.

12 of 25 (333 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 24, 2009 9:47:49 AM
(0)
Professor

I'm not saying this is going to happen, but never say never. Remember it wasn't too long ago that AT&T decided it didn't want to be in the wireless business and sold off AT&T Wireless to Cingular, a much smaller company back then. If AT&T were to make that decision again, it would just need to sell of the Mobility portion. Of course, AT&T Mobility is much larger than AT&T Wireless ever was.

I'm not saying this is going to happen, but never say never. Remember it wasn't too long ago that AT&T decided it didn't want to be in the wireless business and sold off AT&T Wireless to Cingular, a much smaller company back then. If AT&T were to make that decision again, it would just need to sell of the Mobility portion. Of course, AT&T Mobility is much larger than AT&T Wireless ever was.

13 of 25 (326 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 24, 2009 9:52:59 AM
(0)
Scholar
I think the regulatory hurdles would be more difficult to overcome than the financial ones.   My belief is that the feds have allowed carrier consolidation to go as far as they will let it go.   We've already lost much of the competitive environment in the wireless industry.   Further consolidation would eliminate it almost totally.
I think the regulatory hurdles would be more difficult to overcome than the financial ones.   My belief is that the feds have allowed carrier consolidation to go as far as they will let it go.   We've already lost much of the competitive environment in the wireless industry.   Further consolidation would eliminate it almost totally.

14 of 25 (324 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 24, 2009 10:08:58 AM
(0)
Professor

PDCPDC1957 wrote:

Considering that AT&T and T-Mobile are two of the biggest in the business, you are probably right. I hadn't thought of that.

PDCPDC1957 wrote:

Considering that AT&T and T-Mobile are two of the biggest in the business, you are probably right. I hadn't thought of that.

15 of 25 (322 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 24, 2009 12:07:16 PM
(0)
Guru

The rumors are saying tmobile is looking into getting either sprint or att if they can.

They keep seeing new additions decrease so its prob making them nervous.I hope tmobile us makes it either way. 

The rumors are saying tmobile is looking into getting either sprint or att if they can.

They keep seeing new additions decrease so its prob making them nervous.I hope tmobile us makes it either way. 

16 of 25 (317 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 24, 2009 4:17:45 PM
(0)
Mentor
LOL!! T-Mobile buying AT&T? That'd be a HUGE service and I doubt it'll ever happen. T-Mobile should have bought Sprint or Alltel, but Verizon bought Alltel from what I heard...Smiley Surprised
LOL!! T-Mobile buying AT&T? That'd be a HUGE service and I doubt it'll ever happen. T-Mobile should have bought Sprint or Alltel, but Verizon bought Alltel from what I heard...Smiley Surprised

17 of 25 (306 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 24, 2009 4:19:23 PM
(0)
Mentor
@ Mikewho - I hope T-Mobile US makes it too; my parents use that service and T-Mobile has been loyal to them. Giving them discounts and stuff since they've been users for so long. I might even switch to T-Mobile.
@ Mikewho - I hope T-Mobile US makes it too; my parents use that service and T-Mobile has been loyal to them. Giving them discounts and stuff since they've been users for so long. I might even switch to T-Mobile.

18 of 25 (304 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 24, 2009 11:26:45 PM
(0)
Scholar
I think it will be Sprint that will be bought out.  From what I hear they are giving away a lot of perks to up their struggling customer base in preperation of a byout...Sort of like what AT&T wireless did before they sold to Cingular.
I think it will be Sprint that will be bought out.  From what I hear they are giving away a lot of perks to up their struggling customer base in preperation of a byout...Sort of like what AT&T wireless did before they sold to Cingular.

19 of 25 (293 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 25, 2009 5:40:59 AM
(0)
Master

xLogan wrote:

I don't want to see T-Mobile go either, as I have family members, including myself that are only paying $10/year for their prepaid service.

xLogan wrote:

I don't want to see T-Mobile go either, as I have family members, including myself that are only paying $10/year for their prepaid service.

20 of 25 (287 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 25, 2009 7:51:03 AM
(0)
Scholar

SugarCoatedSauer wrote:
Jeez, where would they get the financing for that? That'd be quite a move for such a small company, comparatively.

They could get international financing.  T-Mo is NOT a bit player in Europe.

SugarCoatedSauer wrote:
Jeez, where would they get the financing for that? That'd be quite a move for such a small company, comparatively.

21 of 25 (316 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 25, 2009 8:52:33 AM
(0)
Master

Clayshooter wrote:

SugarCoatedSauer wrote:

T-Mobile Internationally has about 150 million users, 80% of those in Europe. They are the 4th largest player in Europe, and 6th largest in the world. Deutsche Telekom, the parent company is planning to merge the T-Mobile name with Orange of the UK, which would make them the largest operator in Europe. They are by no means small.

The rumour was to purchase Sprint, not at&t mobility. I don't see it as being a smart move, as their technologies are different (iDen and CDMA vs. GSM) and Sprints customer base is leaking fast and furious.  It probably won't happen.

Clayshooter wrote:

SugarCoatedSauer wrote:

T-Mobile Internationally has about 150 million users, 80% of those in Europe. They are the 4th largest player in Europe, and 6th largest in the world. Deutsche Telekom, the parent company is planning to merge the T-Mobile name with Orange of the UK, which would make them the largest operator in Europe. They are by no means small.

The rumour was to purchase Sprint, not at&t mobility. I don't see it as being a smart move, as their technologies are different (iDen and CDMA vs. GSM) and Sprints customer base is leaking fast and furious.  It probably won't happen.

22 of 25 (313 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 26, 2009 9:24:28 AM
(0)
Master
I mostly agree.  Whoever heard that T-Mobile might be buying out AT&T was mistaken or smoking the good stuff.  It just ain't gonna happen.  The one strategic advantage I can see with T-Mobile buying out Sprint is that Sprint is the only one of the Big 4 giving WiMax a serious run.  All the other major carriers look to be converging on LTE.  It's a bit of a calculated risk, but if WiMax does well for Sprint (or whoever buys them), it could have a big payoff.
I mostly agree.  Whoever heard that T-Mobile might be buying out AT&T was mistaken or smoking the good stuff.  It just ain't gonna happen.  The one strategic advantage I can see with T-Mobile buying out Sprint is that Sprint is the only one of the Big 4 giving WiMax a serious run.  All the other major carriers look to be converging on LTE.  It's a bit of a calculated risk, but if WiMax does well for Sprint (or whoever buys them), it could have a big payoff.

23 of 25 (288 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 26, 2009 5:25:19 PM
(0)
Mentor

xLogan wrote:

I thought it was Cingular who bought Alltel...thats what I remember hearing.

Anyways, Tmobile buy Att...yeah right.  I dont see it happening.

xLogan wrote:

I thought it was Cingular who bought Alltel...thats what I remember hearing.

Anyways, Tmobile buy Att...yeah right.  I dont see it happening.

24 of 25 (275 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 27, 2009 7:38:30 AM
(0)
Professor
T-mobile probably isn't interested in buying at&t.  It would just cost too much and T-mobile could probably do much better spending the money to build out thier own network while continuing thier discount pricing.  As for at&t buying T-mobile, I could see some logic on Duesch Telecom giving up on the US market and selling off T-mobile, but I doubt they are moving in that direction.
T-mobile probably isn't interested in buying at&t.  It would just cost too much and T-mobile could probably do much better spending the money to build out thier own network while continuing thier discount pricing.  As for at&t buying T-mobile, I could see some logic on Duesch Telecom giving up on the US market and selling off T-mobile, but I doubt they are moving in that direction.

25 of 25 (262 Views)