Helpful Links

at&t being bought out by t-mobile

Guru

Re: at&t being bought out by t-mobile

The rumors are saying tmobile is looking into getting either sprint or att if they can.

They keep seeing new additions decrease so its prob making them nervous.I hope tmobile us makes it either way. 

Message 16 of 25
Mentor

LOL!! T-Mobile buying AT&T? That'd be a HUGE service and I doubt it'll ever happen. T-Mobile should have bought Sprint or Alltel, but Verizon bought Alltel from what I heard...Smiley Surprised
Message 17 of 25
Mentor

@ Mikewho - I hope T-Mobile US makes it too; my parents use that service and T-Mobile has been loyal to them. Giving them discounts and stuff since they've been users for so long. I might even switch to T-Mobile.
Message 18 of 25
Scholar

I think it will be Sprint that will be bought out.  From what I hear they are giving away a lot of perks to up their struggling customer base in preperation of a byout...Sort of like what AT&T wireless did before they sold to Cingular.
Message 19 of 25
Master

xLogan wrote:
@ Mikewho - I hope T-Mobile US makes it too; my parents use that service and T-Mobile has been loyal to them. Giving them discounts and stuff since they've been users for so long. I might even switch to T-Mobile.

I don't want to see T-Mobile go either, as I have family members, including myself that are only paying $10/year for their prepaid service.
Message 20 of 25
Scholar

SugarCoatedSauer wrote:
Jeez, where would they get the financing for that? That'd be quite a move for such a small company, comparatively.

They could get international financing.  T-Mo is NOT a bit player in Europe.

Message 21 of 25
Master

Clayshooter wrote:

SugarCoatedSauer wrote:
Jeez, where would they get the financing for that? That'd be quite a move for such a small company, comparatively.

They could get international financing.  T-Mo is NOT a bit player in Europe.

T-Mobile Internationally has about 150 million users, 80% of those in Europe. They are the 4th largest player in Europe, and 6th largest in the world. Deutsche Telekom, the parent company is planning to merge the T-Mobile name with Orange of the UK, which would make them the largest operator in Europe. They are by no means small.

The rumour was to purchase Sprint, not at&t mobility. I don't see it as being a smart move, as their technologies are different (iDen and CDMA vs. GSM) and Sprints customer base is leaking fast and furious.  It probably won't happen.

Message 22 of 25
Master

I mostly agree.  Whoever heard that T-Mobile might be buying out AT&T was mistaken or smoking the good stuff.  It just ain't gonna happen.  The one strategic advantage I can see with T-Mobile buying out Sprint is that Sprint is the only one of the Big 4 giving WiMax a serious run.  All the other major carriers look to be converging on LTE.  It's a bit of a calculated risk, but if WiMax does well for Sprint (or whoever buys them), it could have a big payoff.
Message 23 of 25
Highlighted

xLogan wrote:
LOL!! T-Mobile buying AT&T? That'd be a HUGE service and I doubt it'll ever happen. T-Mobile should have bought Sprint or Alltel, but Verizon bought Alltel from what I heard...Smiley Surprised

I thought it was Cingular who bought Alltel...thats what I remember hearing.

Anyways, Tmobile buy Att...yeah right.  I dont see it happening.

Message 24 of 25
Professor

T-mobile probably isn't interested in buying at&t.  It would just cost too much and T-mobile could probably do much better spending the money to build out thier own network while continuing thier discount pricing.  As for at&t buying T-mobile, I could see some logic on Duesch Telecom giving up on the US market and selling off T-mobile, but I doubt they are moving in that direction.
Message 25 of 25
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support