Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Dec 17, 2011
10:00:13 PM
at&t avail wifi/data issues

I recently bought the AT&T Avail phone. Love it, but I am having issues with the wi-fi and data usage on it. I have the wi-fi on almost all the time because I can connect to wifi when at work and at home. However, after five minutes of not using it, the wifi will turn off and I can't get push notifications for email and what not. So unless I have the 3G data turned on, I'm stuck with no notifications. But if I do have the 3G turned on, then my data gets wiped out in no time. Is there any way to fix this or am I just stuck with it this way? I can't afford to be having to buy data over and over again jsut because the darn wifi won't stay on. This was never an issue on the LG Thrive...

I recently bought the AT&T Avail phone. Love it, but I am having issues with the wi-fi and data usage on it. I have the wi-fi on almost all the time because I can connect to wifi when at work and at home. However, after five minutes of not using it, the wifi will turn off and I can't get push notifications for email and what not. So unless I have the 3G data turned on, I'm stuck with no notifications. But if I do have the 3G turned on, then my data gets wiped out in no time. Is there any way to fix this or am I just stuck with it this way? I can't afford to be having to buy data over and over again jsut because the darn wifi won't stay on. This was never an issue on the LG Thrive...

at&t avail wifi/data issues

2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(2)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 18, 2011 4:27:09 PM
(0)
ACE - Master
The Wi-Fi connection deactivates itself when the phone is not in use in order to save battery life. No matter if you leave Wi-Fi on or not, it will continue turn off when the phone is not being used.

You can try to make it last longer by setting your Avail's backlight time to a longer duration period, but you may see a significant decrease in battery life.

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

The Wi-Fi connection deactivates itself when the phone is not in use in order to save battery life. No matter if you leave Wi-Fi on or not, it will continue turn off when the phone is not being used.

You can try to make it last longer by setting your Avail's backlight time to a longer duration period, but you may see a significant decrease in battery life.

:cathappy: Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 :cathappy:

Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: at&t avail wifi/data issues

2 of 3 (1,361 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 22, 2011 9:33:26 AM
(0)
Tutor

I just got to my hometown for Christmas. The wi-fi back in my childhood house stays on ALL the time on my phone, but the wi-fi where I live turns off after a few minutes. Clearly this is not a phone problem. What would I have to look in to on my wi-fi settings to correct this?

I just got to my hometown for Christmas. The wi-fi back in my childhood house stays on ALL the time on my phone, but the wi-fi where I live turns off after a few minutes. Clearly this is not a phone problem. What would I have to look in to on my wi-fi settings to correct this?

Re: at&t avail wifi/data issues

3 of 3 (1,321 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments