Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Jan 1, 2012
3:02:53 PM
View profile
at&t avail battery

I recently purchased the att avail gophone, and am seeing that the battery is not lasting as long as the user's guide and online say it will. It might last about 5 hours, and I am not constantly using it. However, it does say that the battery should last up to 9 days on "idle"..what exactly is "idle mode" and how do I put my phone to it?

I recently purchased the att avail gophone, and am seeing that the battery is not lasting as long as the user's guide and online say it will. It might last about 5 hours, and I am not constantly using it. However, it does say that the battery should last up to 9 days on "idle"..what exactly is "idle mode" and how do I put my phone to it?

at&t avail battery

2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(2)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 2, 2012 10:47:11 AM
(0)
ACE - Master
Idle is when your phone is sitting idle, not being used. I would assume that for 'idle mode', you would have to put the phone in airplane mode, close all apps, and lower the screen brightness.

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Idle is when your phone is sitting idle, not being used. I would assume that for 'idle mode', you would have to put the phone in airplane mode, close all apps, and lower the screen brightness.

:cathappy: Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 :cathappy:

Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: at&t avail battery

2 of 3 (1,131 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 13, 2012 6:16:08 PM
(0)
Scholar

From the homescreen, press MENU --> Settings --> Location & Security. Turn off GPS which is a huge battery drain. You can come back to this same screen and turn GPS on when you actually need to use it.

From the homescreen, press MENU --> Settings --> Location & Security. Turn off GPS which is a huge battery drain. You can come back to this same screen and turn GPS on when you actually need to use it.

Re: at&t avail battery

3 of 3 (1,058 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments