Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Jun 17, 2009
12:03:27 PM
View profile
apps with update
sorry if this has been addressed in the plethera of messages here...in my 3.0 update only 1 of my previous added apps is showing on the phone. tried to sync again thru itunes and no luck!?! 
sorry if this has been addressed in the plethera of messages here...in my 3.0 update only 1 of my previous added apps is showing on the phone. tried to sync again thru itunes and no luck!?! 

apps with update

12 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(12)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 17, 2009 12:05:26 PM
(0)
Professor

mygrace wrote:
Server is on overload right now with the volumes of downloads going on.  give it a little bit. 

mygrace wrote:
Server is on overload right now with the volumes of downloads going on.  give it a little bit. 

Re: apps with update

2 of 13 (1,649 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 17, 2009 12:11:57 PM
(0)
Professor
Edited by mygrace on Jun 17, 2009 at 12:18:37 PM

Doppler808 wrote:

mygrace wrote:

i can understand that...it is not stating there is a delay/overload of frantic iphone users Smiley Tongue , when i tried to sync again...it tells me sync is complete. also tried to download (facebook again for instance)..telling me already installed. not a big deal, i can wait...just wasn't sure if there was something additional i need to do with these prev purchased apps for this update! thanks....k
edit...another question, will some prev purchased apps not be equipped (for lack of the tech term) for the 3.0..therefore will not sync back into phone!?! is this a lame question...sorry, if so! 

Message Edited by mygrace on 06-17-2009 12:18:37 PM

Doppler808 wrote:

mygrace wrote:

i can understand that...it is not stating there is a delay/overload of frantic iphone users Smiley Tongue , when i tried to sync again...it tells me sync is complete. also tried to download (facebook again for instance)..telling me already installed. not a big deal, i can wait...just wasn't sure if there was something additional i need to do with these prev purchased apps for this update! thanks....k
edit...another question, will some prev purchased apps not be equipped (for lack of the tech term) for the 3.0..therefore will not sync back into phone!?! is this a lame question...sorry, if so! 

Message Edited by mygrace on 06-17-2009 12:18:37 PM

[ Edited ]
3 of 13 (1,631 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 17, 2009 2:05:28 PM
(0)
Professor
discovery....all additional app icons were on a 3rd page, while the 2nd page had only 1 app. in case anyone else is finding there icons "missing", scroll to a new page...they may be there!
discovery....all additional app icons were on a 3rd page, while the 2nd page had only 1 app. in case anyone else is finding there icons "missing", scroll to a new page...they may be there!

4 of 13 (1,543 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 17, 2009 2:57:17 PM
(0)
Mentor

i noticed that a couple apps are not working after update.

like fml and backgrounds.

i start them, then it goes right back to the home screen

5 of 13 (1,488 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 17, 2009 3:37:10 PM
(0)
Scholar

macscac wrote:

Backgrounds and FML both work on mine after the update.

macscac wrote:

Backgrounds and FML both work on mine after the update.

6 of 13 (1,446 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 17, 2009 3:45:54 PM
(0)
Teacher

Finally got the update, lost my apps and 150 songs. Not on Itunes anymore etiher. Can't connect to Itunes now, server overload I know. So guess I will have to buy all of my music again.

Only 12 of my 150 songs are still in Itunes, don't get it.

Finally got the update, lost my apps and 150 songs. Not on Itunes anymore etiher. Can't connect to Itunes now, server overload I know. So guess I will have to buy all of my music again.

7 of 13 (1,435 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 17, 2009 3:58:47 PM
(0)
Professor
A few of my apps updated with 3.0 and they taking advantage of the in map and the peer to peer thing...leaf trombone updated
A few of my apps updated with 3.0 and they taking advantage of the in map and the peer to peer thing...leaf trombone updated

8 of 13 (1,420 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 17, 2009 3:59:26 PM
(0)
Guru

All my apps showed up, however, 4 new app updates, took almost 30 minutes for the EULA to pop up, there is a new EULA for iTunes Store, so I could accept the terms, took about 1 minutes to update one of them, but the other 3 will not update.  Message "Can not connect with iTunes Store".  They must be over loaded.

All my apps showed up, however, 4 new app updates, took almost 30 minutes for the EULA to pop up, there is a new EULA for iTunes Store, so I could accept the terms, took about 1 minutes to update one of them, but the other 3 will not update.  Message "Can not connect with iTunes Store".  They must be over loaded.

9 of 13 (1,417 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 17, 2009 4:24:17 PM
(0)
Professor
Everything is there and working perfectly. I started a game of Scrabble on the train on my way home and then started the update after arriving home. The update took 10 mins. I just checked and my game of Scrabble is still there. It's still my turn ...........LOL
Everything is there and working perfectly. I started a game of Scrabble on the train on my way home and then started the update after arriving home. The update took 10 mins. I just checked and my game of Scrabble is still there. It's still my turn ...........LOL

10 of 13 (1,400 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 17, 2009 4:42:18 PM
(0)
Professor

redrider67 wrote:

Once you've purchased music, it's yours. If you do have to download them again, there's no charge.

redrider67 wrote:

Once you've purchased music, it's yours. If you do have to download them again, there's no charge.

11 of 13 (498 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 17, 2009 4:44:10 PM
(0)
Professor
they should still be in your iTunes Library and you just need to import the folders.
they should still be in your iTunes Library and you just need to import the folders.

12 of 13 (496 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 17, 2009 5:07:11 PM
(0)
Scholar
I noticed after the update all of my check boxes on Info, Music and some of Applications were now unchecked. Re-checked them and all is good.
I noticed after the update all of my check boxes on Info, Music and some of Applications were now unchecked. Re-checked them and all is good.

13 of 13 (481 Views)