anyway to get a contract w/o SSN (no prepaid phone)

Contributor

anyway to get a contract w/o SSN (no prepaid phone)

i dont have SSN

im trying to get an iphone 

and i heard there is a way that i can just put $400 deposit down

and get a contract w/o SSN

do i have to go visit the store for it

or if there is a way, i could just do it online?

please help!

Message 1 of 3 (1,641 Views)
Expert

Re: anyway to get a contract w/o SSN (no prepaid phone)

lyddieahh wrote:

i dont have SSN

please help!

no idea but blue skying

No SSN = No credit history =-  immediate security deposit required for the contract. For a iphone would suspect that the price you list is on the low side, have seen reports of 500 - 1200 for the deposit.

In addition remember that at this time and for the foreseeable future NO ATT sold Iphone will be unlocked  for use on other networks.  If you are planning on doing that then go to apple and purchase the unlocked version for the full retail price, then get a no contract plan from ATT. Will cost you about the same if you figure in the security deposit required for the subsidized phone.

Message 2 of 3 (1,637 Views)
Highlighted
Former Community Manager

Re: anyway to get a contract w/o SSN (no prepaid phone)

lyddieahh wrote:

i dont have SSN

please help!

Wingrider is correct. You can get a phone and service with AT&T if you don't have a SSN. You'll just have to pay a deposit to do so. 

I would recommend going to a retail store and ask one of the representatives to help get you set up with an account and phone. 

--------------

As of May 1st, I am no longer serving as the Community Manager for AT&T. This account will no longer be able to accept private messages.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
Message 3 of 3 (1,629 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.