Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted May 31, 2012
9:57:54 AM
View profile
after update, will old phone still work?
If I use my phone upgrade and get new phone with contact. Do I have use the new phone? Or can I keep old phone active on new contract and let my wife use new phone on her current plan? Or can someone not on my family plan but with AT&T use the new phone?
If I use my phone upgrade and get new phone with contact. Do I have use the new phone? Or can I keep old phone active on new contract and let my wife use new phone on her current plan? Or can someone not on my family plan but with AT&T use the new phone?
From my XPERIA ION LT28at XDA: saving AT&T phones 1 FLASH @ a time.

after update, will old phone still work?

3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(3)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 31, 2012 1:29:19 PM
(0)
ACE - Master
I used my wife's upgrade to get a new phone. You do not have to activate or use the phone but you are still responsible for the contract.
Be careful because certain phones need can only be activated on the account used for the upgrade as a security.
This is a user to user forum. I am a user, just like almost everyone else on the site.
I used my wife's upgrade to get a new phone. You do not have to activate or use the phone but you are still responsible for the contract.
Be careful because certain phones need can only be activated on the account used for the upgrade as a security.
This is a user to user forum. I am a user, just like almost everyone else on the site.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: after update, will old phone still work?

2 of 4 (1,083 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 31, 2012 3:02:56 PM
(0)
Teacher
Ever heard of trouble with selling the upgrade phone, say on eBay? What I am looking at is getting a phone then sell to buy unlocked phone not sold through at&t. Any examples of phones with that security feature?
Ever heard of trouble with selling the upgrade phone, say on eBay? What I am looking at is getting a phone then sell to buy unlocked phone not sold through at&t. Any examples of phones with that security feature?
From my XPERIA ION LT28at XDA: saving AT&T phones 1 FLASH @ a time.

3 of 4 (1,073 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 31, 2012 7:06:53 PM
(0)
ACE - Master
Many people sell the phones either on Ebay or Criagslist. Usually not any problems.
I know the iPhone 4s has that security. I don't personally know of any others but there may be other high end phones that have that security too.
Many people sell the phones either on Ebay or Criagslist. Usually not any problems.
I know the iPhone 4s has that security. I don't personally know of any others but there may be other high end phones that have that security too.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

4 of 4 (1,064 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments