adding ATT email on Samsung Captivate

Contributor

adding ATT email on Samsung Captivate

I am trying to add my att email accoung to my samsung captivate phone and it won't let me add it. It keeps giving me the error message "setup could not finish, username or password incorrect." The username and password i have eneterd is correct as i have tried to log in many times and have doubled check through my laptop. Please help!

Message 1 of 4 (3,576 Views)
Professor

Re: adding ATT email on Samsung Captivate

Are you following the steps as shown in this tutorial?

Message 2 of 4 (3,550 Views)
Employee
Employee

Depending on the origin of the att.net account you may have to enter it manually.

For example if it was/is a former worldnet account you neeed to change the incoming address to ipostoffice.worldnet.att.net port 995 SSL and the outgoing to imailhost.att.net port 465.  SSL

There is a more complete list as an addition to the tutorial page posted above under advanced settings. Hope that helps

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 3 of 4 (3,536 Views)
Highlighted
Contributor

Hello,

The best way and also very fun way to get your email on your Samsung Captivate is by downloading the application for your Android device at m.yahoo.com. There you will be able to have the same functionality you would if it was added to your email accounts.

Thank you.

Message 4 of 4 (3,082 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.