Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Sep 24, 2010
7:46:08 AM
? about using backup phone

Lately work has been calling us in all hours of the night and i frequently work outside. Since i will need a phone with me instead of taking my iphone with the chance of it getting rained on, dropped,broken etc i want to use a cheap phone as a backup(after i get sim adapter). I keep hearing you cant do that with an iphoe 4 and i havent had a chance to test it out due to the micro sim but was wondering if anyone is doing that without any issues? I keep hearing it messes up your data plan but that doesnt make sense to me.

Lately work has been calling us in all hours of the night and i frequently work outside. Since i will need a phone with me instead of taking my iphone with the chance of it getting rained on, dropped,broken etc i want to use a cheap phone as a backup(after i get sim adapter). I keep hearing you cant do that with an iphoe 4 and i havent had a chance to test it out due to the micro sim but was wondering if anyone is doing that without any issues? I keep hearing it messes up your data plan but that doesnt make sense to me.

? about using backup phone

4 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(4)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 24, 2010 10:12:45 AM
(0)
Master

Why not just get a pre paid phone to use as a backup.  Yes, the number would be different than your iPhone, but you won't have to worry about damage from environmental forces to the iPhone.

If you are the original poster (OP) and your issue is solved, please remember to click the "Solution?" button so that others can more easily find it.
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the "Kudos" button.

Why not just get a pre paid phone to use as a backup.  Yes, the number would be different than your iPhone, but you won't have to worry about damage from environmental forces to the iPhone.

If you are the original poster (OP) and your issue is solved, please remember to click the "Solution?" button so that others can more easily find it.
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the "Kudos" button.

Re: ? about using backup phone

2 of 5 (333 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 24, 2010 4:00:43 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

Lkc2854 wrote:

That's a good idea, unless you think that you will use it quite a bit for talking or Internet...

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Lkc2854 wrote:

That's a good idea, unless you think that you will use it quite a bit for talking or Internet...

:cathappy: Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 :cathappy:

Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

3 of 5 (316 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 24, 2010 4:42:17 PM
(0)
Expert

mikewho wrote:

If you stick your iphone sim in a device that is not a smartphone you run the chance of having it removed from your plan, if you have the grandfathered unlimited plan this would be a major issue.

Best bet get a cheap gohpone - when you need to be on call forward your regular number to the go phone number. Why chance it

mikewho wrote:

If you stick your iphone sim in a device that is not a smartphone you run the chance of having it removed from your plan, if you have the grandfathered unlimited plan this would be a major issue.

Best bet get a cheap gohpone - when you need to be on call forward your regular number to the go phone number. Why chance it

4 of 5 (311 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 25, 2010 7:11:07 AM
(0)
Guru

yeah i think that is what i am going to do. just get a cheap prepaid and forward the calls. thats alot easier than having to worry about messing up the data plan, billing etc. thanks for the replies

yeah i think that is what i am going to do. just get a cheap prepaid and forward the calls. thats alot easier than having to worry about messing up the data plan, billing etc. thanks for the replies

5 of 5 (297 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments