Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Feb 5, 2010
6:21:25 AM
View profile
a review of at&t customer service
I had an lg vu for 5 months,the screen froze up on it ,everything else worked side buttons,face buttons,camera,but just not the touch screen? when i called lg the lady  she tried several ways to make it sound like it was something I did to cause it? after a few minutes of this ,I said look this phone was treated with respect since day one!there is not even any scratch on it,it has never been even exposed to moisture,it has never been dropped! VERY reluctantly she gave me a return authorization code.then she gave me the address in Texas to send it to.then said if we think the problem is your fault,which she just spent 15 minutes saying it was my fault without even seeing the phone,we will charge you up to $100 to fix it! i said im not paying $100 dollars to fix this phone! I certainly understand that people including me can be rough on phones.we have a business also and understand that many people think that the product you sell should last for ever and should be bullet proof so to speak.but this phone only came out of its holder to be charged or answered,it hasn't even been dirty!. .and again she said  they would not charge more then $100 to fix it.she then asked if i had called at&t..which i had not.so  i called there customer service,where i was told that  i was probably  out of luck,It is fairly amazing that you can tell that it is my fault without even looking at the phone? Im sure the extra $100 they are expecting has something to do with it! 17 years we have been with at&t.this is a complete joke .kicked to the curb for 17 years without a problem.after 2 days of steaming about it everytime i had a phone call i went to make a call but could not make the call because the touch screen does not work...well that was the end of that phone!...i promised my self i would let as many people know how you are treated after the money has changed hands. i have posted  on every mobile phone forum i can think of and every review site to let people know just how thankful they are for your loyalty .It was probably a fluke that this happened to this phone, and  hopefully you wont need to contact customer service. BUT BEWARE IF YOU DO!!!! we will ride out the rest of our contract without a hitch ..but there wont be an 18th year.last year we switched our cable ,and internet to a different carrier (not naming out of respect for at&t.if thats not a joke)they said we could save if we did everything cable,internet,phone and mobile phones.i respectful declined the mobile phone due to 17 years with at&t.  do not think that they feel the same way about you first time there is a problem you are pushed to the side.I guess i have to understand the days of the customer appreciation are a thing of the past.
I had an lg vu for 5 months,the screen froze up on it ,everything else worked side buttons,face buttons,camera,but just not the touch screen? when i called lg the lady  she tried several ways to make it sound like it was something I did to cause it? after a few minutes of this ,I said look this phone was treated with respect since day one!there is not even any scratch on it,it has never been even exposed to moisture,it has never been dropped! VERY reluctantly she gave me a return authorization code.then she gave me the address in Texas to send it to.then said if we think the problem is your fault,which she just spent 15 minutes saying it was my fault without even seeing the phone,we will charge you up to $100 to fix it! i said im not paying $100 dollars to fix this phone! I certainly understand that people including me can be rough on phones.we have a business also and understand that many people think that the product you sell should last for ever and should be bullet proof so to speak.but this phone only came out of its holder to be charged or answered,it hasn't even been dirty!. .and again she said  they would not charge more then $100 to fix it.she then asked if i had called at&t..which i had not.so  i called there customer service,where i was told that  i was probably  out of luck,It is fairly amazing that you can tell that it is my fault without even looking at the phone? Im sure the extra $100 they are expecting has something to do with it! 17 years we have been with at&t.this is a complete joke .kicked to the curb for 17 years without a problem.after 2 days of steaming about it everytime i had a phone call i went to make a call but could not make the call because the touch screen does not work...well that was the end of that phone!...i promised my self i would let as many people know how you are treated after the money has changed hands. i have posted  on every mobile phone forum i can think of and every review site to let people know just how thankful they are for your loyalty .It was probably a fluke that this happened to this phone, and  hopefully you wont need to contact customer service. BUT BEWARE IF YOU DO!!!! we will ride out the rest of our contract without a hitch ..but there wont be an 18th year.last year we switched our cable ,and internet to a different carrier (not naming out of respect for at&t.if thats not a joke)they said we could save if we did everything cable,internet,phone and mobile phones.i respectful declined the mobile phone due to 17 years with at&t.  do not think that they feel the same way about you first time there is a problem you are pushed to the side.I guess i have to understand the days of the customer appreciation are a thing of the past.

a review of at&t customer service

15 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(15)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 5, 2010 9:33:50 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

Unfortunately, AT&T has NOTHING to do with warranty. That is all manufacturer. If you took it to an AT&T store and they accepted the warranty and sent it to the manufacturer and the manufacturer said it was not warranty, AT&T would have to charge you or eat the cost. They can only eat so much before they would be losing their shirts and they are in business to make a profit, not to make everybody happy.

Warranties are the responsibility of the manufacturer. There is only so much AT&T can do.

This is a user to user forum. I am a user, just like almost everyone else on the site.

Unfortunately, AT&T has NOTHING to do with warranty. That is all manufacturer. If you took it to an AT&T store and they accepted the warranty and sent it to the manufacturer and the manufacturer said it was not warranty, AT&T would have to charge you or eat the cost. They can only eat so much before they would be losing their shirts and they are in business to make a profit, not to make everybody happy.

Warranties are the responsibility of the manufacturer. There is only so much AT&T can do.

This is a user to user forum. I am a user, just like almost everyone else on the site.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: a review of at&t customer service

2 of 16 (458 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 5, 2010 10:07:02 AM
(0)
Teacher
yes but after 17 years of being with at&t you would think they would at least ask me to send it to some place?bring it someplace or something?.the lg lady just assumed it was a bleeding screen,i told her it was not ?she said that it usally is and i would not have to pay more then $100 to fix it.when i called at&t he just said you are probably out of luck? is that was is expected from them? forget about the 17 years i have been paying them for there service.ALL THIS WAS DONE WITHOUT EVEN LOOKING AT THE PHONE!  they wont get another year out of me that is for sure.
yes but after 17 years of being with at&t you would think they would at least ask me to send it to some place?bring it someplace or something?.the lg lady just assumed it was a bleeding screen,i told her it was not ?she said that it usally is and i would not have to pay more then $100 to fix it.when i called at&t he just said you are probably out of luck? is that was is expected from them? forget about the 17 years i have been paying them for there service.ALL THIS WAS DONE WITHOUT EVEN LOOKING AT THE PHONE!  they wont get another year out of me that is for sure.

3 of 16 (453 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 5, 2010 10:08:10 AM
(0)
Guru
Edited by Scholar Yoshi on Feb 5, 2010 at 10:09:13 AM

Maybe you did do something to break it. Smiley Sad

why would att just say "your ouf of luck" that would only happen if physical damage or water damage is evident. or if you were out of your 1 year warranty.

If its not a bleeding screen then you wont have to pay, just send it to lg.

Message Edited by Scholar Yoshi on 02-05-2010 10:09:13 AM

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s positions, strategies or opinions.

Maybe you did do something to break it. Smiley Sad

why would att just say "your ouf of luck" that would only happen if physical damage or water damage is evident. or if you were out of your 1 year warranty.

If its not a bleeding screen then you wont have to pay, just send it to lg.

Message Edited by Scholar Yoshi on 02-05-2010 10:09:13 AM

[ Edited ]
4 of 16 (453 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 5, 2010 10:59:36 AM
(0)
Teacher
that is the same question i asked ? 17 years with them and one problem comes up and they just make an assumption that its my fault without even looking at it. i have had dozens of cell phones,and have smashed some got some wet .,i always just replace it,but nothing was done to this phone .not even a scratch. and after 17 years with them they just say well if the lady that answers the phone at lg thinks its your fault ..well then your probably out of luck..he didnt even offer ANY HELP. i dont even care about the $200 for the phone,im fortunate enough that i can afford another one its the fact that my family has been paying at&t for there service for 17 years and that's how it is with the first problem.its over now im just living up to my end of the deal .i promised i would let as may people know how they work.
that is the same question i asked ? 17 years with them and one problem comes up and they just make an assumption that its my fault without even looking at it. i have had dozens of cell phones,and have smashed some got some wet .,i always just replace it,but nothing was done to this phone .not even a scratch. and after 17 years with them they just say well if the lady that answers the phone at lg thinks its your fault ..well then your probably out of luck..he didnt even offer ANY HELP. i dont even care about the $200 for the phone,im fortunate enough that i can afford another one its the fact that my family has been paying at&t for there service for 17 years and that's how it is with the first problem.its over now im just living up to my end of the deal .i promised i would let as may people know how they work.

5 of 16 (443 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 5, 2010 2:33:27 PM
(0)
Former Employee

Please stop repeating "17 years", it doesn't mean too much in reality. You were told that you can send it in, they will inspect it, and IF they find any signs of physical or water damage, they will charge you for a repair. It's a standard policy that they have to make sure they tell every customer about. If your phone is as perfect as you describe it, what are you warring about?

Please stop repeating "17 years", it doesn't mean too much in reality. You were told that you can send it in, they will inspect it, and IF they find any signs of physical or water damage, they will charge you for a repair. It's a standard policy that they have to make sure they tell every customer about. If your phone is as perfect as you describe it, what are you warring about?

6 of 16 (419 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 5, 2010 2:58:23 PM
(0)
Teacher
the problem has been resolved,at&t contacted me and apoligized for the treatment i recieved,and we worked it out.as far as lg goes ill steer clear of that logo. and tthe 17 years does mean something ,she said we see that you have been a long time customer and have not had ONE issue with us EVER.so when someone calls that hasnt called in 17 years they should at least be taken seriously.the service agent DID not tell me to send it in,he said its more then likely your fault... i guess im just not as good as someone who can tell if its my fault without even seeing it.  any ways its over..well the part with at&t is,im still gonna let as many people know how LG works as i can .thanks
the problem has been resolved,at&t contacted me and apoligized for the treatment i recieved,and we worked it out.as far as lg goes ill steer clear of that logo. and tthe 17 years does mean something ,she said we see that you have been a long time customer and have not had ONE issue with us EVER.so when someone calls that hasnt called in 17 years they should at least be taken seriously.the service agent DID not tell me to send it in,he said its more then likely your fault... i guess im just not as good as someone who can tell if its my fault without even seeing it.  any ways its over..well the part with at&t is,im still gonna let as many people know how LG works as i can .thanks

7 of 16 (412 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 5, 2010 10:06:38 PM
(0)
Expert

snuffynra wrote:

I'm glad your problem was resolved. If your phone was only 5 months old, you should have contacted ATT Warranty in the first place...not LG. I agree with you on LG products. My previous phone was an LG Shine. After having to return 2 of them, I finally got one that worked!! Personally, after reading the forum posts, I would rather not buy another LG product again.

REGRET NOTHING~

we live & learn~

snuffynra wrote:

I'm glad your problem was resolved. If your phone was only 5 months old, you should have contacted ATT Warranty in the first place...not LG. I agree with you on LG products. My previous phone was an LG Shine. After having to return 2 of them, I finally got one that worked!! Personally, after reading the forum posts, I would rather not buy another LG product again.

REGRET NOTHING~

we live & learn~

8 of 16 (394 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 7, 2010 5:57:51 AM
(0)
Teacher
i also will stay away from them,i usally dont get this angry over $200 mistakes  (going with LG)i have made bigger ones.LOL. but the fact that lady was mad that i called her and could not get me off the phone fast enough.no big deal they got me for $200 ,i have already taken that much away from would be sales from family and relatives.
i also will stay away from them,i usally dont get this angry over $200 mistakes  (going with LG)i have made bigger ones.LOL. but the fact that lady was mad that i called her and could not get me off the phone fast enough.no big deal they got me for $200 ,i have already taken that much away from would be sales from family and relatives.

9 of 16 (374 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 7, 2010 3:52:08 PM
(0)
Professor

1. you should have called warranty before, but i think you already figured that out

2. when a phone is not working correctly all reps are going to assume its the customers fault for several reasons, the biggest reason is FRAUD, people call in all the time stating taht the phone isn't working and it wasn't there fault, guess what most the time it was. And it doesn't matter if you are a customer of 6 months or a customer of 20 years, everyone is human.....thats why we go through warranty, they will look at the phoen and determine if it was the customers fault and take the appropriate actions.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.

1. you should have called warranty before, but i think you already figured that out

2. when a phone is not working correctly all reps are going to assume its the customers fault for several reasons, the biggest reason is FRAUD, people call in all the time stating taht the phone isn't working and it wasn't there fault, guess what most the time it was. And it doesn't matter if you are a customer of 6 months or a customer of 20 years, everyone is human.....thats why we go through warranty, they will look at the phoen and determine if it was the customers fault and take the appropriate actions.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.

10 of 16 (351 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 8, 2010 4:57:09 AM
(0)
Teacher
im sure glad the rest of the world doesn't work like that,im 41 and this is the first i have ever heard that you are guilty until proven innocent.Smiley Surprisedwhat i should have done was do more homework about the phone,as i have been working with this problem i have found that this is VERY common in there products..just one more of life's learning experiences
im sure glad the rest of the world doesn't work like that,im 41 and this is the first i have ever heard that you are guilty until proven innocent.Smiley Surprisedwhat i should have done was do more homework about the phone,as i have been working with this problem i have found that this is VERY common in there products..just one more of life's learning experiences

11 of 16 (307 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 8, 2010 11:29:47 AM
(0)
Professor
i agree with yo, i mean personally im only 23, but unfortunately the world is not as honest as you and i and a lot of others, and thats why att's warranty department (and i would assume LG being this way) assumes that  it is the customers fault before they recieve the phoen and take a look at it, they are required to tell you that if it is damaged or has damage that would be considered physical damage not covered by warranty you would be charged for the damages...its just how they are,

i agree with yo, i mean personally im only 23, but unfortunately the world is not as honest as you and i and a lot of others, and thats why att's warranty department (and i would assume LG being this way) assumes that  it is the customers fault before they recieve the phoen and take a look at it, they are required to tell you that if it is damaged or has damage that would be considered physical damage not covered by warranty you would be charged for the damages...its just how they are,

12 of 16 (292 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 8, 2010 2:03:37 PM
(0)
Teacher
true ,but the clown at lg never told me i would get informed if i would be charged $100 or not,she made it sound like they just billed you for it and sent it back.
true ,but the clown at lg never told me i would get informed if i would be charged $100 or not,she made it sound like they just billed you for it and sent it back.

13 of 16 (280 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 8, 2010 3:55:41 PM
(0)
Professor
well warranty does the same thing, they will just bill you, but if you send the replacement device back they will send your original device back to you and refund the charge for the replacement costs.

well warranty does the same thing, they will just bill you, but if you send the replacement device back they will send your original device back to you and refund the charge for the replacement costs.

14 of 16 (273 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 8, 2010 4:44:43 PM
(0)
Teacher
i sure do wish i called at&t first,after the lg lady pretty much told us it would more then likely cost $100,and never told us we would be informed if and how much we would be charged before billing us or fixing it .we just figured another $100 for 5 or 6 months would not be worth it ,we tossed the phone and complained for a couple of days,only to find out from at&t that lg would let us know before doing anything.so we take this as a learning expirence.but i will be a regular when it comes to letting people know how are expirence with lg went.
i sure do wish i called at&t first,after the lg lady pretty much told us it would more then likely cost $100,and never told us we would be informed if and how much we would be charged before billing us or fixing it .we just figured another $100 for 5 or 6 months would not be worth it ,we tossed the phone and complained for a couple of days,only to find out from at&t that lg would let us know before doing anything.so we take this as a learning expirence.but i will be a regular when it comes to letting people know how are expirence with lg went.

15 of 16 (268 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 8, 2010 5:53:01 PM
(0)
Professor
yea LG is somewhat of a shady company, i ended up getting rid of my lg phoens and going with samsung, until i upgraded to my Iphone.

yea LG is somewhat of a shady company, i ended up getting rid of my lg phoens and going with samsung, until i upgraded to my Iphone.

16 of 16 (264 Views)