Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Questions about your Smartphone data usage? Please join us here for a live “Ask an Expert” event on Wednesday, August 24th from 1-5 pm ET / 10am-2pm PT.

Wireless Forum

Posted Nov 5, 2011
8:16:20 AM
View profile
You have to reactivate if you change phones

I just got off the phone with customer support.   It looks like the microcell is tied to your IMEI number so if you change phones (same SIM), you'll have to reactivate (remove microcell and activate) your microcell in order for it to work properly.   This only applies if it's tied to the main account.  You can just readd a phone number if not.  Hope this helps out.

I just got off the phone with customer support.   It looks like the microcell is tied to your IMEI number so if you change phones (same SIM), you'll have to reactivate (remove microcell and activate) your microcell in order for it to work properly.   This only applies if it's tied to the main account.  You can just readd a phone number if not.  Hope this helps out.

You have to reactivate if you change phones

3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(3)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 5, 2011 12:46:57 PM
(0)
Teacher

Hi.

Giving it a shot now.

Will update when it's done.

Don

Hi.

Giving it a shot now.

Will update when it's done.

Don

Re: You have to reactivate if you change phones

2 of 4 (4,576 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 5, 2011 4:44:14 PM
(0)
Teacher

Hi.

No changes really.

M-Cell word comes and goes on both iPhones.  Calls drop. Calls fail to connect.

This has done NOTHING.

The rep was wrong.

Don

Hi.

No changes really.

M-Cell word comes and goes on both iPhones.  Calls drop. Calls fail to connect.

This has done NOTHING.

The rep was wrong.

Don

3 of 4 (4,563 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 9, 2011 10:20:39 AM
(0)
Guru
I think this information is bad. It is not tied to the IMEI of your phone. I've switched my SIM to other phones and it worked with the microcell just fine. However when I got a new iPhone and activated the new SIM that came with it, it took a little time for that to start working. Reboot the microcell. Power airplane on then off. Also if using an iPhone do generel>reset>reset network settings. Eventually it'll work.
I think this information is bad. It is not tied to the IMEI of your phone. I've switched my SIM to other phones and it worked with the microcell just fine. However when I got a new iPhone and activated the new SIM that came with it, it took a little time for that to start working. Reboot the microcell. Power airplane on then off. Also if using an iPhone do generel>reset>reset network settings. Eventually it'll work.

4 of 4 (4,478 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments