You Knew It Was Coming!

Scholar

You Knew It Was Coming!

Verizon announced in San Francisco the end of unlimited data.

 

http://news.yahoo.com/verizon-wireless-nixing-unlimited-data-newbies-230818779.html

 

 

Message 1 of 24 (1,049 Views)
Expert

Re: You Knew It Was Coming!


smalcom wrote:

Verizon announced in San Francisco the end of unlimited data.

 

http://news.yahoo.com/verizon-wireless-nixing-unlimited-data-newbies-230818779.html

 

 


posted it in the Media net forum about 2 weeks ago, pricing is higher then ATT's tiered plans. The executives of verizon have been hinting at this since november of last year/

Message 2 of 24 (1,027 Views)
Expert

Re: You Knew It Was Coming!

Went into affect today - Looks like it applies to basic phones also - where ATT's is cheaper and only on Smartphones for now

 

Message 3 of 24 (998 Views)
Guru

Re: You Knew It Was Coming!

[ Edited ]

wingrider01 wrote:

smalcom wrote:

Verizon announced in San Francisco the end of unlimited data.

 

http://news.yahoo.com/verizon-wireless-nixing-unlimited-data-newbies-230818779.html

 

 


posted it in the Media net forum about 2 weeks ago, pricing is higher then ATT's tiered plan(s). The executives of verizon have been hinting at this since november of last year/



Other than the pricing for the 2 GB plan, your "pricing is higher then (sic) ATT's tiered plans" comment is an "apples and oranges" statement--i.e., it's easy to comment that Verizon's data plans are priced higher than AT&T's plans, simply because AT&T doesn't offer a 5 GB or 10 GB plan (their highest tiered plan is 4 GB), so kinda by default Verizon's plans would be priced higher.  However, if you take a closer look at Verizon's 5 GB and 10 GB plans you will see that on a per-GB basis, they are in reality less expensive than if you were to pay for consuming 5 to 10 GB (or more) of data on any of AT&T's tiered data plans.  Sure the pro-AT&T folks will argue that most folks use no more than 2 GB anyways so it doesn't really matter that Verizon's high-data bucket tiered plans are less expensive per-GB than if one were to consume a similar amount (5 GB or more) under AT&T's data plans, but that's besides the point.

 

Verizon is somewhat smart in that they are charging $30 for 2 GB (vs. AT&T's charging $25 for the same amount), simply because they know folks were more or less resigned--if not content--to having paid $30 to begin with (for unlimited data), plus the fact (according to their statistics) that 95% of their subscribers use less than 2 GB per month anyways.

 

Now before the AT&T fanboys come out with the "I told you that the grass isn't always greener" replies, I would venture to guess that AT&T may eventually follow suit and bump up the pricing of their 2 GB plan as well, now that they now know exactly how much Verizon will charge for their 2 GB data plan... Smiley Wink

 

I will concede that AT&T has the pricing advantage if you use no more than 4 GB of data, plus unlike with Verizon's 2 GB plan the AT&T 2 GB plan is eligible for discounts (e.g., FAN).

 

And no, I am not an anti-AT&T and/or pro-Verizon poster--I'm just calling it right down the middle.

Message 4 of 24 (992 Views)
Expert

Re: You Knew It Was Coming!

[ Edited ]

tonester wrote:

wingrider01 wrote:

smalcom wrote:

Verizon announced in San Francisco the end of unlimited data.

 

http://news.yahoo.com/verizon-wireless-nixing-unlimited-data-newbies-230818779.html

 

 


posted it in the Media net forum about 2 weeks ago, pricing is higher then ATT's tiered plan(s). The executives of verizon have been hinting at this since november of last year/



Other than the pricing for the 2 GB plan, your "pricing is higher then (sic) ATT's tiered plans" comment is an "apples and oranges" statement--i.e., it's easy to comment that Verizon's data plans are priced higher than AT&T's plans, simply because AT&T doesn't offer a 5 GB or 10 GB plan (their highest tiered plan is 4 GB), so kinda by default Verizon's plans would be priced higher.  However, if you take a closer look at Verizon's 5 GB and 10 GB plans you will see that on a per-GB basis, they are in reality less expensive than if you were to pay for consuming 5 to 10 GB (or more) of data on any of AT&T's tiered data plans.  Sure the pro-AT&T folks will argue that most folks use no more than 2 GB anyways so it doesn't really matter that Verizon's high-data bucket tiered plans are less expensive per-GB than if one were to consume a similar amount (5 GB or more) under AT&T's data plans, but that's besides the point.

 

Verizon is somewhat smart in that they are charging $30 for 2 GB (vs. AT&T's charging $25 for the same amount), simply because they know folks were more or less resigned--if not content--to having paid $30 to begin with (for unlimited data), plus the fact (according to their statistics) that 95% of their subscribers use less than 2 GB per month anyways.

 

Now before the AT&T fanboys come out with the "I told you that the grass isn't always greener" replies, I would venture to guess that AT&T may eventually follow suit and bump up the pricing of their 2 GB plan as well, now that they now know exactly how much Verizon will charge for their 2 GB data plan... Smiley Wink

 

I will concede that AT&T has the pricing advantage if you use no more than 4 GB of data, plus unlike with Verizon's 2 GB plan the AT&T 2 GB plan is eligible for discounts (e.g., FAN).

 

And no, I am not an anti-AT&T and/or pro-Verizon poster--I'm just calling it right down the middle.


Use a Apple to Apple comparision -  are you paying for for 2GB with NO overages at verizon then ATT - YES, ergo you save money at att

 

15.00 for 75 MB at verizon, 15.00 for 200 meg at ATT, same price - for 125 eg a month more = saving money

 

rememebr the carriers justfication for the tier - the majority of people do not exceed 2GB a month. Add to the fact for the time being ATT does not tier basic phones, while Verizon does effective today

 

Again would be surprised if ATT bumps the cost of their 2GB plan -  everyone that is under contract with the current pricing would have the ability to terminate their contract without having to pay the ETF
 

Message 5 of 24 (978 Views)
ACE - Master

Re: You Knew It Was Coming!


wingrider01 wrote:

tonester wrote:

wingrider01 wrote:

smalcom wrote:

Verizon announced in San Francisco the end of unlimited data.

 

http://news.yahoo.com/verizon-wireless-nixing-unlimited-data-newbies-230818779.html

 

 


posted it in the Media net forum about 2 weeks ago, pricing is higher then ATT's tiered plan(s). The executives of verizon have been hinting at this since november of last year/



Other than the pricing for the 2 GB plan, your "pricing is higher then (sic) ATT's tiered plans" comment is an "apples and oranges" statement--i.e., it's easy to comment that Verizon's data plans are priced higher than AT&T's plans, simply because AT&T doesn't offer a 5 GB or 10 GB plan (their highest tiered plan is 4 GB), so kinda by default Verizon's plans would be priced higher.  However, if you take a closer look at Verizon's 5 GB and 10 GB plans you will see that on a per-GB basis, they are in reality less expensive than if you were to pay for consuming 5 to 10 GB (or more) of data on any of AT&T's tiered data plans.  Sure the pro-AT&T folks will argue that most folks use no more than 2 GB anyways so it doesn't really matter that Verizon's high-data bucket tiered plans are less expensive per-GB than if one were to consume a similar amount (5 GB or more) under AT&T's data plans, but that's besides the point.

 

Verizon is somewhat smart in that they are charging $30 for 2 GB (vs. AT&T's charging $25 for the same amount), simply because they know folks were more or less resigned--if not content--to having paid $30 to begin with (for unlimited data), plus the fact (according to their statistics) that 95% of their subscribers use less than 2 GB per month anyways.

 

Now before the AT&T fanboys come out with the "I told you that the grass isn't always greener" replies, I would venture to guess that AT&T may eventually follow suit and bump up the pricing of their 2 GB plan as well, now that they now know exactly how much Verizon will charge for their 2 GB data plan... Smiley Wink

 

I will concede that AT&T has the pricing advantage if you use no more than 4 GB of data, plus unlike with Verizon's 2 GB plan the AT&T 2 GB plan is eligible for discounts (e.g., FAN).

 

And no, I am not an anti-AT&T and/or pro-Verizon poster--I'm just calling it right down the middle.


Use a Apple to Apple comparision -  are you paying for for 2GB with NO overages at verizon then ATT - YES, ergo you save money at att

 

15.00 for 75 MB at verizon, 15.00 for 200 meg at ATT, same price - for 125 eg a month more = saving money

 

rememebr the carriers justfication for the tier - the majority of people do not exceed 2GB a month. Add to the fact for the time being ATT does not tier basic phones, while Verizon does effective today

 

Again would be surprised if ATT bumps the cost of their 2GB plan -  everyone that is under contract with the current pricing would have the ability to terminate their contract without having to pay the ETF
 


Another difference worth pointing out and a favorite complaint by visitors to this site is the requirement for all smartphones to have a data plan. Note that V has set a 2GB plan minimum for smartphones while ATT permits the $15 200mb plan.

 

Also, I disagree with the assertion that if ATT bumps the cost of their 2GB plan that anyone under contract with that pricing could terminate without ETF for two reasons. 1) the contract is for voice service only, not data service. If someone objected to a data price change, they always have the option of switching to a non smartphone and dropping their data altogether, and 2) From my experience, ATT does not change prices on plans, they start new plans and discontinue the old plans and holders of old plans are usually grandfathered. In other words, a more expensive 2GB plan would most likely be a new plan and anyone still holding the old plan would be grandfathered.

 

 

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 6 of 24 (957 Views)
Expert

Re: You Knew It Was Coming!

[ Edited ]

sandblaster wrote:

wingrider01 wrote:

tonester wrote:

wingrider01 wrote:

smalcom wrote:

Verizon announced in San Francisco the end of unlimited data.

 

http://news.yahoo.com/verizon-wireless-nixing-unlimited-data-newbies-230818779.html

 

 


posted it in the Media net forum about 2 weeks ago, pricing is higher then ATT's tiered plan(s). The executives of verizon have been hinting at this since november of last year/



Other than the pricing for the 2 GB plan, your "pricing is higher then (sic) ATT's tiered plans" comment is an "apples and oranges" statement--i.e., it's easy to comment that Verizon's data plans are priced higher than AT&T's plans, simply because AT&T doesn't offer a 5 GB or 10 GB plan (their highest tiered plan is 4 GB), so kinda by default Verizon's plans would be priced higher.  However, if you take a closer look at Verizon's 5 GB and 10 GB plans you will see that on a per-GB basis, they are in reality less expensive than if you were to pay for consuming 5 to 10 GB (or more) of data on any of AT&T's tiered data plans.  Sure the pro-AT&T folks will argue that most folks use no more than 2 GB anyways so it doesn't really matter that Verizon's high-data bucket tiered plans are less expensive per-GB than if one were to consume a similar amount (5 GB or more) under AT&T's data plans, but that's besides the point.

 

Verizon is somewhat smart in that they are charging $30 for 2 GB (vs. AT&T's charging $25 for the same amount), simply because they know folks were more or less resigned--if not content--to having paid $30 to begin with (for unlimited data), plus the fact (according to their statistics) that 95% of their subscribers use less than 2 GB per month anyways.

 

Now before the AT&T fanboys come out with the "I told you that the grass isn't always greener" replies, I would venture to guess that AT&T may eventually follow suit and bump up the pricing of their 2 GB plan as well, now that they now know exactly how much Verizon will charge for their 2 GB data plan... Smiley Wink

 

I will concede that AT&T has the pricing advantage if you use no more than 4 GB of data, plus unlike with Verizon's 2 GB plan the AT&T 2 GB plan is eligible for discounts (e.g., FAN).

 

And no, I am not an anti-AT&T and/or pro-Verizon poster--I'm just calling it right down the middle.


Use a Apple to Apple comparision -  are you paying for for 2GB with NO overages at verizon then ATT - YES, ergo you save money at att

 

15.00 for 75 MB at verizon, 15.00 for 200 meg at ATT, same price - for 125 eg a month more = saving money

 

rememebr the carriers justfication for the tier - the majority of people do not exceed 2GB a month. Add to the fact for the time being ATT does not tier basic phones, while Verizon does effective today

 

Again would be surprised if ATT bumps the cost of their 2GB plan -  everyone that is under contract with the current pricing would have the ability to terminate their contract without having to pay the ETF
 


Another difference worth pointing out and a favorite complaint by visitors to this site is the requirement for all smartphones to have a data plan. Note that V has set a 2GB plan minimum for smartphones while ATT permits the $15 200mb plan.

 

Also, I disagree with the assertion that if ATT bumps the cost of their 2GB plan that anyone under contract with that pricing could terminate without ETF for two reasons. 1) the contract is for voice service only, not data service. If someone objected to a data price change, they always have the option of switching to a non smartphone and dropping their data altogether, and 2) From my experience, ATT does not change prices on plans, they start new plans and discontinue the old plans and holders of old plans are usually grandfathered. In other words, a more expensive 2GB plan would most likely be a new plan and anyone still holding the old plan would be grandfathered.

 

 



this is what I recall - data is a service

 

Under [AT&T's] terms of service, there are only two situations in which we would allow you to terminate your agreement because of a change in TOS without having to pay the ETF: If we increase the price of the service, or if we materially decrease the geographical area in which your airtime rate applies

 

from the FAQS

 

 

1.3 Can AT&T Change My Terms And Rates?
 

We may change any terms, conditions, rates, fees, expenses, or charges regarding your Services at any time. We will provide you with notice of material changes (other than changes to governmental fees, proportional charges for governmental mandates, roaming rates or administrative charges) either in your monthly bill or separately. You understand and agree that State and Federal Universal Service Fees and other governmentally imposed fees, whether or not assessed directly upon you, may be increased based upon the government's or our calculations.

IF WE INCREASE THE PRICE OF ANY OF THE SERVICES TO WHICH YOU SUBSCRIBE, BEYOND THE LIMITS SET FORTH IN YOUR CUSTOMER SERVICE SUMMARY, OR IF WE MATERIALLY DECREASE THE GEOGRAPHICAL AREA IN WHICH YOUR AIRTIME RATE APPLIES (OTHER THAN A TEMPORARY DECREASE FOR REPAIRS OR MAINTENANCE), WE'LL DISCLOSE THE CHANGE AT LEAST ONE BILLING CYCLE IN ADVANCE (EITHER THROUGH A NOTICE WITH YOUR BILL, A TEXT MESSAGE TO YOUR DEVICE, OR OTHERWISE), AND YOU MAY TERMINATE THIS AGREEMENT WITHOUT PAYING AN EARLY TERMINATION FEE OR RETURNING OR PAYING FOR ANY PROMOTIONAL ITEMS, PROVIDED YOUR NOTICE OF TERMINATION IS DELIVERED TO US WITHIN THIRTY (30) DAYS AFTER THE FIRST BILL REFLECTING THE CHANGE

Message 7 of 24 (937 Views)
ACE - Master

Re: You Knew It Was Coming!


wingrider01 wrote:

this is what I recall - data is a service

 

Under [AT&T's] terms of service, there are only two situations in which we would allow you to terminate your agreement because of a change in TOS without having to pay the ETF: If we increase the price of the service, or if we materially decrease the geographical area in which your airtime rate applies

 

from the FAQS

 

 

1.3 Can AT&T Change My Terms And Rates?
 

We may change any terms, conditions, rates, fees, expenses, or charges regarding your Services at any time. We will provide you with notice of material changes (other than changes to governmental fees, proportional charges for governmental mandates, roaming rates or administrative charges) either in your monthly bill or separately. You understand and agree that State and Federal Universal Service Fees and other governmentally imposed fees, whether or not assessed directly upon you, may be increased based upon the government's or our calculations.

IF WE INCREASE THE PRICE OF ANY OF THE SERVICES TO WHICH YOU SUBSCRIBE, BEYOND THE LIMITS SET FORTH IN YOUR CUSTOMER SERVICE SUMMARY, OR IF WE MATERIALLY DECREASE THE GEOGRAPHICAL AREA IN WHICH YOUR AIRTIME RATE APPLIES (OTHER THAN A TEMPORARY DECREASE FOR REPAIRS OR MAINTENANCE), WE'LL DISCLOSE THE CHANGE AT LEAST ONE BILLING CYCLE IN ADVANCE (EITHER THROUGH A NOTICE WITH YOUR BILL, A TEXT MESSAGE TO YOUR DEVICE, OR OTHERWISE), AND YOU MAY TERMINATE THIS AGREEMENT WITHOUT PAYING AN EARLY TERMINATION FEE OR RETURNING OR PAYING FOR ANY PROMOTIONAL ITEMS, PROVIDED YOUR NOTICE OF TERMINATION IS DELIVERED TO US WITHIN THIRTY (30) DAYS AFTER THE FIRST BILL REFLECTING THE CHANGE



Well, you may indeed be correct but I'm not sure whether that clause applies to all subscribed services, including optional services like data or texting, or whether it only applies to the service(s) that the subscriber is under obligation to maintain (i.e the voice service). If you're reading of this is correct, I could theoretically cancel my contract if they changed the price of my texting plan, which is totally optional. Somehow, I don't believe it works that way. There was another interesting clause in what you quoted: "BEYOND THE LIMITS SET FORTH IN YOUR CUSTOMER SERVICE SUMMARY". In other words, there might be some level of price increase that could occur that would not forgive the ETF fee.

 

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 8 of 24 (929 Views)

Re: You Knew It Was Coming!

[ Edited ]

sandblaster wrote:


Well, you may indeed be correct but I'm not sure whether that clause applies to all subscribed services, including optional services like data or texting, or whether it only applies to the service(s) that the subscriber is under obligation to maintain (i.e the voice service). If you're reading of this is correct, I could theoretically cancel my contract if they changed the price of my texting plan, which is totally optional. Somehow, I don't believe it works that way. There was another interesting clause in what you quoted: "BEYOND THE LIMITS SET FORTH IN YOUR CUSTOMER SERVICE SUMMARY". In other words, there might be some level of price increase that could occur that would not forgive the ETF fee.

 


Since when is a data "optional" with a smart phone at AT&T?

 

Last I knew, AT&T REQUIRED, and would force upon you a data plan, if you were actively using a smart phone without a data plan.

 

You, AT&T Employee, are wrong.  Based off the FAQ's and TOS as quoted by Windrider01, we have the right to cancel our contracts sans ETF should AT&T change the terms of service from what was originally agreed to, in fact, most services offered by companies in the US have this option otherwise companies who changed their pricing would be open [Per Guidelines:  Keep it Relevant and Appropriate].

Message 9 of 24 (922 Views)
Expert

Re: You Knew It Was Coming!


sandblaster wrote:

wingrider01 wrote:

this is what I recall - data is a service

 

Under [AT&T's] terms of service, there are only two situations in which we would allow you to terminate your agreement because of a change in TOS without having to pay the ETF: If we increase the price of the service, or if we materially decrease the geographical area in which your airtime rate applies

 

from the FAQS

 

 

1.3 Can AT&T Change My Terms And Rates?
 

We may change any terms, conditions, rates, fees, expenses, or charges regarding your Services at any time. We will provide you with notice of material changes (other than changes to governmental fees, proportional charges for governmental mandates, roaming rates or administrative charges) either in your monthly bill or separately. You understand and agree that State and Federal Universal Service Fees and other governmentally imposed fees, whether or not assessed directly upon you, may be increased based upon the government's or our calculations.

IF WE INCREASE THE PRICE OF ANY OF THE SERVICES TO WHICH YOU SUBSCRIBE, BEYOND THE LIMITS SET FORTH IN YOUR CUSTOMER SERVICE SUMMARY, OR IF WE MATERIALLY DECREASE THE GEOGRAPHICAL AREA IN WHICH YOUR AIRTIME RATE APPLIES (OTHER THAN A TEMPORARY DECREASE FOR REPAIRS OR MAINTENANCE), WE'LL DISCLOSE THE CHANGE AT LEAST ONE BILLING CYCLE IN ADVANCE (EITHER THROUGH A NOTICE WITH YOUR BILL, A TEXT MESSAGE TO YOUR DEVICE, OR OTHERWISE), AND YOU MAY TERMINATE THIS AGREEMENT WITHOUT PAYING AN EARLY TERMINATION FEE OR RETURNING OR PAYING FOR ANY PROMOTIONAL ITEMS, PROVIDED YOUR NOTICE OF TERMINATION IS DELIVERED TO US WITHIN THIRTY (30) DAYS AFTER THE FIRST BILL REFLECTING THE CHANGE



Well, you may indeed be correct but I'm not sure whether that clause applies to all subscribed services, including optional services like data or texting, or whether it only applies to the service(s) that the subscriber is under obligation to maintain (i.e the voice service). If you're reading of this is correct, I could theoretically cancel my contract if they changed the price of my texting plan, which is totally optional. Somehow, I don't believe it works that way. There was another interesting clause in what you quoted: "BEYOND THE LIMITS SET FORTH IN YOUR CUSTOMER SERVICE SUMMARY". In other words, there might be some level of price increase that could occur that would not forgive the ETF fee.

 



people are getting out of verizon etf because the regulatory fee is going up by .03 cents.

 

Considering the quoted text is from the FAQS link for the ATT carrier terms of serivce that detail the ETF rules suspect that it does apply

Message 10 of 24 (900 Views)
Professor

Re: You Knew It Was Coming!


DimentoGraven wrote:

sandblaster wrote:


Well, you may indeed be correct but I'm not sure whether that clause applies to all subscribed services, including optional services like data or texting, or whether it only applies to the service(s) that the subscriber is under obligation to maintain (i.e the voice service). If you're reading of this is correct, I could theoretically cancel my contract if they changed the price of my texting plan, which is totally optional. Somehow, I don't believe it works that way. There was another interesting clause in what you quoted: "BEYOND THE LIMITS SET FORTH IN YOUR CUSTOMER SERVICE SUMMARY". In other words, there might be some level of price increase that could occur that would not forgive the ETF fee.

 


Since when is a data "optional" with a smart phone at AT&T?

 

Last I knew, AT&T REQUIRED, and would force upon you a data plan, if you were actively using a smart phone without a data plan.

 

You, AT&T Employee, are wrong.  Based off the FAQ's and TOS as quoted by Windrider01, we have the right to cancel our contracts sans ETF should AT&T change the terms of service from what was originally agreed to, in fact, most services offered by companies in the US have this option otherwise companies who changed their pricing would be open [Per Guidelines:  Keep it Relevant and Appropriate].


Data has and always will be optional... what you are overlooking is that using a smartphone is not required per the terms of the contract.  Any customer can drop the "required" data plan at any time by switching from a smart phone to a QMD or "dumb" phone without affecting their contract which is only for voice service.

 

The only contracts that stipulate data are for laptop connect or MiFi devices since those devices are data only.

Message 11 of 24 (689 Views)
Professor

Re: You Knew It Was Coming!

[ Edited ]

wingrider01 wrote:


people are getting out of verizon etf because the regulatory fee is going up by .03 cents.

 

Considering the quoted text is from the FAQS link for the ATT carrier terms of serivce that detail the ETF rules suspect that it does apply


Some are, but some are not.  {Content Removed}

 

This could easily be classified as a "govermental fee" which per the FAQ excerpt that was posted does not constitute a material change to the contract, there would be no reason to waive the ETF and let the customer out of the contract.

 

[Per Community Guidelines: Keep it Relevant and Appropriate]

Message 12 of 24 (688 Views)
Expert

Re: You Knew It Was Coming!


satchev wrote:

wingrider01 wrote:


people are getting out of verizon etf because the regulatory fee is going up by .03 cents.

 

Considering the quoted text is from the FAQS link for the ATT carrier terms of serivce that detail the ETF rules suspect that it does apply


Some are, but some are not.  {Content Removed}

 

This could easily be classified as a "govermental fee" which per the FAQ excerpt that was posted does not constitute a material change to the contract, there would be no reason to waive the ETF and let the customer out of the contract.

 

[Per Community Guidelines: Keep it Relevant and Appropriate]



praytell where is the word contract mentioned in this statement

 

IF WE INCREASE THE PRICE OF ANY OF THE SERVICES TO WHICH YOU SUBSCRIBE, BEYOND THE LIMITS SET FORTH IN YOUR CUSTOMER SERVICE SUMMARY,

 

Data usage is considered a feature that you subscribe to, mandatory on smartphones

Message 13 of 24 (683 Views)
Professor

Re: You Knew It Was Coming!


wingrider01 wrote:

satchev wrote:

wingrider01 wrote:


people are getting out of verizon etf because the regulatory fee is going up by .03 cents.

 

Considering the quoted text is from the FAQS link for the ATT carrier terms of serivce that detail the ETF rules suspect that it does apply


Some are, but some are not.  {Content Removed}

 

This could easily be classified as a "govermental fee" which per the FAQ excerpt that was posted does not constitute a material change to the contract, there would be no reason to waive the ETF and let the customer out of the contract.

 

[Per Community Guidelines: Keep it Relevant and Appropriate]



praytell where is the word contract mentioned in this statement

 

IF WE INCREASE THE PRICE OF ANY OF THE SERVICES TO WHICH YOU SUBSCRIBE, BEYOND THE LIMITS SET FORTH IN YOUR CUSTOMER SERVICE SUMMARY,

 

Data usage is considered a feature that you subscribe to, mandatory on smartphones


What would be the point of waiving the ETF unless the customer were asking to be let out of the contract?  There's no logical reason to waive the ETF or even request it be waived unless the customer is asking to be let out of the contract.

 

Why are you screaming at me about services?

This thread is about VZW eliminating the unlimited data plan and it was brought up that some customers are getting their ETFs waived (i.e. let out of their contract) because of the regulatory fee.

 

Apparently, I missed something... I thought this was a discussion... not scream at someone because you do not agree with or understand their comment.  Geesh.

Message 14 of 24 (676 Views)
Master

Re: You Knew It Was Coming!

I did know it was coming. And I'm glad it's finally gone - no more (or at least limited) complaining that "Verizon is better because THEY have unlimited data and AT&T doesn't because they don't care about their customers and are greedy..." etc.

Quoting the Terms of Service is not "screaming". It's meant to be placed in capital letters to stand out and for the customer to read it, and read it carefully. It's AT&T telling you what they can and cannot do so long as you are their customer. Does that mean that AT&T would be screaming at you, also? In a way, because they want to be clear that their statements stand out. But I'm sure that everybody knows that; it's common sense.

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy



Message 15 of 24 (656 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.