Yahoo mail not syncing.It goes back to July 4th.

Contributor

Yahoo mail not syncing.It goes back to July 4th.

Okay,this issue only started two weeks ago..see what help you can give me. I noticed that my Yahoo mail started showing a sync date of 7/4/11 at 9:53 a.m. I thought it was a temp thing,but,it has continued,and I don't want to delete my Yahoo account,I'm at a loss as to what to do. Anyone else out there have the same issue? I have a 3gs,by the way.
Message 1 of 7 (763 Views)
Professor

Re: Yahoo mail not syncing.It goes back to July 4th.

So what exactly is the real issue?

Is it syncing but not updating the sync date/time?

Is it not syncing at all?

Any errors when it tries to sync?

Why would it matter if the account is deleted and readded?  This does not affect the account in any way or delete it from Yahoo, it simply removes the account from the device.

Message 2 of 7 (743 Views)
ACE - Master

Did you get an email from Yahoo about upgrading your services?  If so, did this problem start before, when, or after the upgrade happened?  I go tthe email about my service being upgraded, but since I don't use that address on my iPhone, I don't know if it caused any problems or not.  I wouldn't be surprised to see it did...

Jerry B.
"GeekBoy"

--

For additional help, please send a PM to ATTCustomerCare.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 7 (717 Views)
Contributor

I've experienced a similar problem.  I get new messages from yahoo mail downloaded to my iPhone but no communication seems to go back to yahoo about messages being read, deleted or placed into folders, resulting in a situation where you have to re-do anything you did on your phone in yahoo's Web-based email app.  I can't recall exactly when it started but I think it was about the time I upgraded to the new Yahoo mail interface - which I believe was in early July.

Message 4 of 7 (636 Views)
Contributor

Same exact issue here, started after I upgraded to newest yahoo and now it just keeps gettting worse

Message 5 of 7 (618 Views)

We are having issues at our company getting emails to go through to Yahoo addresses. I am wondering if Yahoo doesn't have a problem with their upgrade?

Message 6 of 7 (588 Views)
Employee

yahoo servers were having issues this past week
Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 7 of 7 (575 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.