Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Feb 22, 2008
8:51:32 AM
Yahoo! confirms email delays through SMTP servers
Edited by 123home123 on Feb 22, 2008 at 8:53:06 AM
This post on the official Yahoo! Mail Blog (updated as of Feb. 20, 2008) confirms that Yahoo! Mail u... with sending messages using email client programs over the Yahoo! SMTP servers. At least a few people on this forum have indicated recent problems with Yahoo! Mail accounts and the Xpress Mail client on their smartphones. (I've had problems with using a Yahoo account with Xpress Mail on my new BlackJack II phone.)

There are no suggested answers in the blog post but at least it indicates that the problem may lie with Yahoo, not AT&T or Xpress Mail. I thought Xpress Mail users would be interested to read about this.

Message Edited by 123home123 on 02-22-2008 11:53:06 AM
This post on the official Yahoo! Mail Blog (updated as of Feb. 20, 2008) confirms that Yahoo! Mail users have been experiencing problems with sending messages using email client programs over the Yahoo! SMTP servers. At least a few people on this forum have indicated recent problems with Yahoo! Mail accounts and the Xpress Mail client on their smartphones. (I've had problems with using a Yahoo account with Xpress Mail on my new BlackJack II phone.)

There are no suggested answers in the blog post but at least it indicates that the problem may lie with Yahoo, not AT&T or Xpress Mail. I thought Xpress Mail users would be interested to read about this.

Yahoo! confirms email delays through SMTP servers

[ Edited ]
1 reply
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(1)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 6, 2008 6:52:29 PM
(0)
Scholar

123home123 wrote:
This post on the official Yahoo! Mail Blog (updated as of Feb. 20, 2008) confirms that Yahoo! Mail u... with sending messages using email client programs over the Yahoo! SMTP servers. At least a few people on this forum have indicated recent problems with Yahoo! Mail accounts and the Xpress Mail client on their smartphones. (I've had problems with using a Yahoo account with Xpress Mail on my new BlackJack II phone.)

I have an iPhone and I have not had any problems having yahoo emails pushed to my phone. 

123home123 wrote:
This post on the official Yahoo! Mail Blog (updated as of Feb. 20, 2008) confirms that Yahoo! Mail users have been experiencing problems with sending messages using email client programs over the Yahoo! SMTP servers. At least a few people on this forum have indicated recent problems with Yahoo! Mail accounts and the Xpress Mail client on their smartphones. (I've had problems with using a Yahoo account with Xpress Mail on my new BlackJack II phone.)

I have an iPhone and I have not had any problems having yahoo emails pushed to my phone. 

Re: Yahoo! confirms email delays through SMTP servers

2 of 2 (2,449 Views)