Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Feb 27, 2008
2:37:26 PM
View profile
Yahoo and AIM messanger
I have the blackberry curve with the unlimited internet and 200 text messages, I wanted to know if by adding the yahoo messanger I was going to get charged more for using it or for recieving ims..thank you
I have the blackberry curve with the unlimited internet and 200 text messages, I wanted to know if by adding the yahoo messanger I was going to get charged more for using it or for recieving ims..thank you

Yahoo and AIM messanger

7 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(7)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 27, 2008 2:39:19 PM
(0)
Professor
Edited by Max69 on Feb 27, 2008 at 2:40:02 PM
Yahoo IM isn't supported by AT&T on BlackBerries. It will install, but won't work.

Message Edited by Max69 on 02-27-2008 05:40:02 PM
Yahoo IM isn't supported by AT&T on BlackBerries. It will install, but won't work.

Message Edited by Max69 on 02-27-2008 05:40:02 PM

Re: Yahoo and AIM messanger

[ Edited ]
2 of 8 (2,920 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 27, 2008 9:00:24 PM
(0)
Mentor
Please search the forum - this question has been asked many times. 

If you want to IM people and use DATA not text messages look at JiveTalk, IM+, or WebMessenger. 

JiveTalk and IM+ cost money but you will see people are very pleased with each.  I use JiveTalk and connect to AIM, Yahoo, GTalk, and WinLive all at once to IM with clients....works great. 

WebMessenger recently appears to have made their client free but I have no experience with it.
Please search the forum - this question has been asked many times. 

If you want to IM people and use DATA not text messages look at JiveTalk, IM+, or WebMessenger. 

JiveTalk and IM+ cost money but you will see people are very pleased with each.  I use JiveTalk and connect to AIM, Yahoo, GTalk, and WinLive all at once to IM with clients....works great. 

WebMessenger recently appears to have made their client free but I have no experience with it.

3 of 8 (2,881 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 27, 2008 9:52:25 PM
(0)
Mentor
I too use JiveTalk and I highly recommend it! It has many nice features and supports the major I'm protocols. The newest beta version also has full support for WiFi, if that is available to you. Personally, I am more than happy to pay for a program that is as well built and supported as JiveTalk. Well worth every penny, IMHO. :-)
I too use JiveTalk and I highly recommend it! It has many nice features and supports the major I'm protocols. The newest beta version also has full support for WiFi, if that is available to you. Personally, I am more than happy to pay for a program that is as well built and supported as JiveTalk. Well worth every penny, IMHO. :-)

4 of 8 (2,874 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 1, 2008 10:13:44 AM
(0)
Tutor
i got my yahoo messenger to work on my curve through att
i got my yahoo messenger to work on my curve through att

5 of 8 (2,750 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 2, 2008 11:36:54 AM
(0)
Contributor
how did u do that?
how did u do that?

6 of 8 (2,683 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 2, 2008 2:58:33 PM
(0)
Mentor

mfromin wrote:

Does that mean if we install the "OZ Messenger" through MEdiaNet, which has AIM on it, it will charge IMs as texts? Or will it also just count as data from the unlimited data package?

mfromin wrote:

Does that mean if we install the "OZ Messenger" through MEdiaNet, which has AIM on it, it will charge IMs as texts? Or will it also just count as data from the unlimited data package?

7 of 8 (2,671 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 2, 2008 6:02:04 PM
(0)
Mentor
OZ uses text messages to do its work....JiveTalk and others use DATA.

Search the forum - this issue has been discussed many times before.
OZ uses text messages to do its work....JiveTalk and others use DATA.

Search the forum - this issue has been discussed many times before.

8 of 8 (2,648 Views)