Xpressmail and SMS messages from 1111302000?

Mentor

Re: Xpressmail and SMS messages from 1111302000?

thively wrote:
OK, here's the real answer to the question.  It is NOT SPAM.

These are Cingular XPress mail push mail "SMS Triggers".
XPress mail push works by the xpress mail server sending a silent SMS (as described in the previous messages) that XPress mail intercepts.  That SMS message tells Xpress mail to "Go get/sync new email."
So new mail comes in.  Xpress mail server sees it.  Sends an SMS to the phone.  XPress Mail gets the SMS and goes and retrieves the mail.

When XPress mail is intalled on yoiur phone, it intercepts these special SMS messages so that they don't go to the messaging client.  So you normally would never see them.  They would be silent.
But the Orig. Poster took the SIM out and put it in another phone that doesn't have Xpress Mail.  Therefore Xpress Mail doesn't intercept the SMS and they end up in the normal SMS applicaiton.
The same thing would happen if you deleted Xpress mail from the PDA without turning push mail off first.

The way to fix this is to put the SIM back in to the PDA with XPress mail.  Go in to xpress mail settings, and turn off push email.  If it's already off, turn it back on, then turn it back off again.  See my post here fore details:
At that point you should stop getting these SMSs.
Normall if your email program doesn't go respond to the SMS push triggers, I htink the server is supposed to give up and stop eventually, but appearently it is not doing that.

I will note that YOU ARE NOT CHARGED FOR THESE SPECIAL SMS TRIGGER MESSAGES.  These are a funciton of the free Xpress mail server and you will not see charges on your bill (or any acknowledgment of getting them).  I've used xpress mail for 3 years and I'm very familiar with this feature.  Trust me.
So going to your Attourney's office won't help as there will be no charges to dispute.

Another thing you can do is go to http://xpressmailpe.cingular.com/ and log in to your xpress mail account.
Go to SETTINGS
Go to MY DEVICES and click EDIT
Delete your device from the list (delete all of them.)
I believe this should also work for halting all SMS trigger messages since you'll no longer have a device to send them to.

You can always go back in the future and re-register  your device from your phone and set this all back up again in the future.

I hope this clears up the "SPAM" conspiracy theory.

Message Edited by thively on 02-15-200710:51:50 PM

I tried everything here but I don't get as much as I used to get with my 8125.  Since performing these steps, I recieved about 6 in 3 days.  I know its not much, but it is still annoying to get these.  Is there any other step that I can try?  I really don't want to call Cingular and take text messaging off completely.
Message 16 of 47
Teacher

If you have gone in and deleted all your devices listed in your account and you are still getting SMS messages then it could be that someone else made a typo when they registered and got your number, OR if you had another account that still has devices listed.  Do you still use Xpressmail, is it installed on your phone?
Jason
Message 17 of 47
Mentor

Yes.  I am still using Xpressmail.  I uninstalled it several times but still getting those same annoying messages.
Message 18 of 47
Guru

Before uninstalling xpress mail, turn off "push".  Then delete the email account before uninstalling the app.
Log on to http://xpressmailpe.cingular.com/ and try removing the wireless device from your profile and turn off SMS notifications.
Between these things it should stop the messages.
Message 19 of 47
Teacher

hi. i've been having the same problem as the rest of you with getting the annoying texts from 1111302000. I saw where it was advised to go to  http://xpressmailpe.cingular.com. My thing is I never registered there....i don't guess anyway.....not on my desktop anyway. When I began using express mail it was already on my 2125. I don't recall ever registering . Like everyone else, I didn't start receiving the texts to well after I had uninstlled express mail from my phone. I finally get tech support tonight & this guy said to simply reply "stop" to the text. I did and 20 minutes later I got 2 texts from the same number again. Anyway guy, IS there a solution to this that you have found? Thanks for any input.
Message 20 of 47
Mentor

Since I dont use text messages that much, I just had AT&T disabled the feature.  It was my last resort and I havent got that annoying message since.

Message Edited by bravestar64 on 09-12-2007 01:45:16 PM
Message 21 of 47
Scholar

I believe the fix went in for this last night. You should get a max of 4 more then it should go away.
Message 22 of 47
Contributor

I have been encountering the same issue for a little more than a week now.  Sometimes I get text messages at 3 AM!!!  Has anyone figured out a definitive resolution to this issue??
Message 23 of 47
Tutor

I am receiving 1 or 2 messages a day.  I admit this isn't a lot, but it's extremelly annoying.  Tech Support couldn't offer any advice other than taking my phone (Treo 750) to a store to see if they can figure out how to block the number!
Message 24 of 47
Scholar

This issue occurs when you uninstall XpressMail from your phone without turning off the Push function first. You should only receive a max of 4 messages after doing this.

There is a fix, while not convenient. It still works. You can re-install XpresMail, turn off push, and then uninstall.

My question is, are you receiving more than 4 after you uninstalled it?

Message Edited by bdroad on 10-09-2007 08:44:32 AM

Message Edited by bdroad on 10-09-2007 08:44:35 AM
Message 25 of 47
Contributor

I have receive MANY more than 4 messages since this began.  Somtimes as many as 15 a day for the last week or so.
Message 26 of 47
Explorer

I just had to deal with this after performing a hard reset on my Tilt two days ago. I began receiving the "1111302000" messages all day after the reset.

After a call to tech support which couldn't resolve the problem, I decided to reinstall XpressMail on my Tilt and review the preferences. "Push" was enabled. So I disabled it. I clicked the "X" button on the upper right to close the window to browse through the other preferences. Somehow, I returned to the "push" preferences and found it STILL ENABLED.

I unchecked it again, But this time I thought to click on the "Menu" option on the bottom right of the screen and then select "Save". I closed that window, went to another preference window, then back the "Push" preferences. Now, the "Push" option remained unchecked.

I sent myself a few test emails and did not receive any messages from 1111302000. It's been a full work day with emails coming in and still no messages. I'm guessing I cleared it up!

I hope this helps!
Message 27 of 47
Tutor

This seems to confirm that the only way to stop these texts is to disable the push feature.

I turned off the push, un-installed the software, reinstalled the software, and everything has been fine for 2 days, until a few minutes ago....   Argh!  The texts have started again.

Does anyone from Cingular monitor these forums? 
Message 28 of 47
Lithium Technologies
Moved:

Message 29 of 47
Tutor

The text messages continue to come, and I have arrived at work again to find I have additional emails from yesterday that were never sent to my Treo (I have Push enabled and a 15 minute update setup). 

I think enough is enough.  Can anyone recommend a similar product that doesn't need software installed on my company's servers? 

This has been a very dissapointing experience.
Message 30 of 47
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Find the Unlimited Plan that works best for you at our Knowledge Sharing Session: Whole Lotta' Data Going On on Wed. 6/28 from 1-4pm ET / noon-3pm CT / 10am-1pm PT!

Find out the very latest about the new iPad Pros!

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support