Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Jan 15, 2007
7:21:34 AM
View profile
Xpressmail and SMS messages from 1111302000?
Good morning all.  I've had my Treo 650 for maybe 2 weeks now.  I am on the Media Max 200 which I was told came with free Xpressmail.  I turned that bad boy on and have been getting all my company email on my phone, pretty neat. 

Yesterday I took my sim card out and put it back in my SLVR to go somewhere where I didn't want to lug the Treo.  Throughout the evening and this morning I would receive some jibberish SMS every 5 to 60 minutes from 1111302000.  It begins with //SV and ends with //VS.  I evenutally figured out that this might be coming from Xpressmail. 

I logged into the website interface to Xpressmail and the SMS Alerts was already set to "All SMS Alerts Off".  I also deleted my phone from the device list.  Were these SMS messages coming coming Xpressmail, and if they were why since I have the SMS Alerts set to off?

When Cingular says Xpressmail is free, do they mean that signing up is free along with receiving tons of these SMS messages?  Or are they nickling me to death with them?  I get 200 SMS a month but I suspect I have already far exceeded that if they are not free.

If these messages are coming from Xpressmail, is there any way to turn the SMS Messages off?  Even if that means I no longer get a "push" email interface, I could still connect manually and receive my email.  That is actually what I wanted to do from the beginning, just let the treo connect up every 5 minutes and see whats out there.

Thanks for any info.
--C
Good morning all.  I've had my Treo 650 for maybe 2 weeks now.  I am on the Media Max 200 which I was told came with free Xpressmail.  I turned that bad boy on and have been getting all my company email on my phone, pretty neat. 

Yesterday I took my sim card out and put it back in my SLVR to go somewhere where I didn't want to lug the Treo.  Throughout the evening and this morning I would receive some jibberish SMS every 5 to 60 minutes from 1111302000.  It begins with //SV and ends with //VS.  I evenutally figured out that this might be coming from Xpressmail. 

I logged into the website interface to Xpressmail and the SMS Alerts was already set to "All SMS Alerts Off".  I also deleted my phone from the device list.  Were these SMS messages coming coming Xpressmail, and if they were why since I have the SMS Alerts set to off?

When Cingular says Xpressmail is free, do they mean that signing up is free along with receiving tons of these SMS messages?  Or are they nickling me to death with them?  I get 200 SMS a month but I suspect I have already far exceeded that if they are not free.

If these messages are coming from Xpressmail, is there any way to turn the SMS Messages off?  Even if that means I no longer get a "push" email interface, I could still connect manually and receive my email.  That is actually what I wanted to do from the beginning, just let the treo connect up every 5 minutes and see whats out there.

Thanks for any info.
--C

Xpressmail and SMS messages from 1111302000?

46 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(46)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 22, 2007 7:37:05 AM
(0)
Scholar
I am not using Xpressmail but I started getting these messages last night.

What should I do?

What should I do?

Re: Xpressmail and SMS messages from 1111302000?

31 of 47 (9,321 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 22, 2007 3:56:56 PM
(0)
Guru
I don't do text messages, and I removed XPress mail from my Tilt about a week ago. However, for the first time ever, today, I got
two text messages, both from  1111302000 ...one at 9:11 am , and another one at  5:24 pm.

There must be some 'quirk(s)' in the AT&T system somewhere, since others are getting notices from the same number. I didn't open them, to check further. I just did a delete on both. To correct my first statement, three separate text messages also showed up that I did receive  back around Thanksgiving. These three showed up at the same instant as the last 111130200 at 5:24 pm. Obviously, I'm not using the correct terminology, but it's like some cache for everyone wasn't cleared, and is being resent.
I don't do text messages, and I removed XPress mail from my Tilt about a week ago. However, for the first time ever, today, I got
two text messages, both from  1111302000 ...one at 9:11 am , and another one at  5:24 pm.

There must be some 'quirk(s)' in the AT&T system somewhere, since others are getting notices from the same number. I didn't open them, to check further. I just did a delete on both. To correct my first statement, three separate text messages also showed up that I did receive  back around Thanksgiving. These three showed up at the same instant as the last 111130200 at 5:24 pm. Obviously, I'm not using the correct terminology, but it's like some cache for everyone wasn't cleared, and is being resent.

32 of 47 (9,311 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 22, 2007 4:08:46 PM
(0)
Guru
Quick addendum for troubleshooting--- As stated, when the last message from 1111302000 showed up, three old & previously deleted text messages also showed up. Those three were text messages were sent from a phone number of a friend of mine, not from an e-mail. Thus, it is possible that this has nothing whatsoever to do with XPress mail or regular e-mails!   At least it doesn't appear connected to email in my case, since my friend doesn't have the capability to do  emails  on her phone.

Maybe this will help share some light on some of the other problems posted here.
Quick addendum for troubleshooting--- As stated, when the last message from 1111302000 showed up, three old & previously deleted text messages also showed up. Those three were text messages were sent from a phone number of a friend of mine, not from an e-mail. Thus, it is possible that this has nothing whatsoever to do with XPress mail or regular e-mails!   At least it doesn't appear connected to email in my case, since my friend doesn't have the capability to do  emails  on her phone.

Maybe this will help share some light on some of the other problems posted here.

33 of 47 (9,308 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 23, 2007 8:24:12 AM
(0)
Guru
Sun, 12/23- Here's one last comment from me. I just received two more text messages this morning. They were from 1111 05...something. I didn't write the actual number down this time. I opened them, and they were from Cingular, saying that my rebate(s)  had been received, and would be processed in 10- 12 weeks! Perhaps since the numbers started with 1111 , the helps explain that they were from a Cingular/AT&T number.
Sun, 12/23- Here's one last comment from me. I just received two more text messages this morning. They were from 1111 05...something. I didn't write the actual number down this time. I opened them, and they were from Cingular, saying that my rebate(s)  had been received, and would be processed in 10- 12 weeks! Perhaps since the numbers started with 1111 , the helps explain that they were from a Cingular/AT&T number.

34 of 47 (9,297 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 23, 2007 8:33:05 AM
(0)
Scholar

struff wrote:

What should I do?

I replied to one of the messages three different times. I replied with "STOP", "END", and "QUIT" and they finally stopped.

struff wrote:

What should I do?

I replied to one of the messages three different times. I replied with "STOP", "END", and "QUIT" and they finally stopped.

35 of 47 (9,292 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 26, 2007 1:21:31 PM
(0)
Scholar
If you are recieving these message call AT&T customer support and let them know whats happening. There are two possible reasons that you are receiving these messages:

1) You installed Xpressmail and set it up, then you uninstalled xpressmail from your device without turning off push or cancelling your account.

1a) Resolution: Reinstall the application, turn off push, uninstall the application.

2)You never had xpressmail installed and someone installed Xpressmail and entered your phone # on accident as thier phone number.

2a) Call customer support and let them know this is happening. It can be deleted server-side to stop getting push notifications to your phone.
If you are recieving these message call AT&T customer support and let them know whats happening. There are two possible reasons that you are receiving these messages:

1) You installed Xpressmail and set it up, then you uninstalled xpressmail from your device without turning off push or cancelling your account.

1a) Resolution: Reinstall the application, turn off push, uninstall the application.

2)You never had xpressmail installed and someone installed Xpressmail and entered your phone # on accident as thier phone number.

2a) Call customer support and let them know this is happening. It can be deleted server-side to stop getting push notifications to your phone.

36 of 47 (9,264 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 24, 2008 8:20:32 AM
(0)
Scholar
I actually have recently been going through the same exact problem! The very same number and the very same gibberish. It looked a lot like code if you asked me.. I noticed that this has never happened to me before until my XM Messages was updated, so you may be right. But it very well could just be someone spamming.. I have unlimited text messages, so I should be alright, but it's still really annoying. The last one that I got was at 2:30 in the morning! Does anyone know that if blocking the number prevents texting from that number as well?
I actually have recently been going through the same exact problem! The very same number and the very same gibberish. It looked a lot like code if you asked me.. I noticed that this has never happened to me before until my XM Messages was updated, so you may be right. But it very well could just be someone spamming.. I have unlimited text messages, so I should be alright, but it's still really annoying. The last one that I got was at 2:30 in the morning! Does anyone know that if blocking the number prevents texting from that number as well?

37 of 47 (7,818 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 24, 2008 10:00:58 AM
(0)
Scholar
Often times the # will be random so blocking it wont help much. There is a rule to the spamming that you should only receive a maximum of 4. If you are getting more than this, then you should let customer support know.
Often times the # will be random so blocking it wont help much. There is a rule to the spamming that you should only receive a maximum of 4. If you are getting more than this, then you should let customer support know.

38 of 47 (7,814 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 24, 2008 3:39:38 PM
(0)
Scholar
In this case though, the number doesn't change at all. It has always been the same. 1111302000. This seems to be a little different than spamming from random numbers.. It looks more like a technical error. Thank you though. It's good to know that once it gets over 4 messages, we should call customer service. I've only gotten 3 so far and it has stopped.. Of course it has stopped after I Re-Registered my Xpressmail account.
In this case though, the number doesn't change at all. It has always been the same. 1111302000. This seems to be a little different than spamming from random numbers.. It looks more like a technical error. Thank you though. It's good to know that once it gets over 4 messages, we should call customer service. I've only gotten 3 so far and it has stopped.. Of course it has stopped after I Re-Registered my Xpressmail account.

39 of 47 (7,801 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 12, 2008 12:38:02 PM
(0)
Contributor
I use xpressmail and I've started getting these texts on a regular basis. So far I've gotten 3-4 about 4minutes apart. same thing the day before and the day before. I want to keep xpressmail is there anyway around not receiving these texts without getting rid of the program?
I use xpressmail and I've started getting these texts on a regular basis. So far I've gotten 3-4 about 4minutes apart. same thing the day before and the day before. I want to keep xpressmail is there anyway around not receiving these texts without getting rid of the program?

40 of 47 (6,033 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 12, 2008 12:43:32 PM
(0)
Contributor
Also for the last 2-3 days since I started getting these texts, my email has decided to stop updating. When I try to retrieve email it crashes back to my home page so to speak and i have to restart my phone to be able to use it again.Also when I've tried to check the unread emails on my phone it crashes and i have to restart it.
Also for the last 2-3 days since I started getting these texts, my email has decided to stop updating. When I try to retrieve email it crashes back to my home page so to speak and i have to restart my phone to be able to use it again.Also when I've tried to check the unread emails on my phone it crashes and i have to restart it.

41 of 47 (5,685 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 2, 2009 9:44:29 AM
(0)
Mentor

When xpressmail is installed and working correctly, you should not see this text messages. Also, there is a script setup so that if you do start getting these messages, you should only get about 4-5 of them, then it should stop.

The text messages are sent from the Xpressmail server telling your device that you have new mail waiting to be downloaded. When xpressmail is installed, the application will "eat" the messages and you wont see them. If its not installed, you will see them.

When xpressmail is installed and working correctly, you should not see this text messages. Also, there is a script setup so that if you do start getting these messages, you should only get about 4-5 of them, then it should stop.

The text messages are sent from the Xpressmail server telling your device that you have new mail waiting to be downloaded. When xpressmail is installed, the application will "eat" the messages and you wont see them. If its not installed, you will see them.

42 of 47 (5,487 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 14, 2009 11:11:34 AM
(0)
Contributor

So...now that I've received this message 4 times I should potentially only see it one more time and  then it will stop?

I went from a blackjack II to an iphone.  what makes it stop? does it "get tired" of retrieving the message or something and cancel my xpressmail thing?  and just wondering...how do you know about the script setup and such?

So...now that I've received this message 4 times I should potentially only see it one more time and  then it will stop?

I went from a blackjack II to an iphone.  what makes it stop? does it "get tired" of retrieving the message or something and cancel my xpressmail thing?  and just wondering...how do you know about the script setup and such?

43 of 47 (5,353 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 25, 2009 4:31:44 PM
(0)
Contributor

has anyone found a way to put a stop to this?  It is so annoying. It's coming in both as an email on yahoo and as a text message.  Does anyone also have the email address where this is coming from so I can block it?

Help would be very much appreciated.

has anyone found a way to put a stop to this?  It is so annoying. It's coming in both as an email on yahoo and as a text message.  Does anyone also have the email address where this is coming from so I can block it?

Help would be very much appreciated.

Re: text messages from 1111302000?

44 of 47 (5,220 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 20, 2009 4:10:04 PM
(0)
Contributor
Edited by mrfld on May 20, 2009 at 4:11:30 PM

The issue, for me, was Xpress did not set up the first time I installed it.  When I deleted the program and re-installed, the messages stopped. They started coming in the form of an actual emails. 

I had return receipts on my emails; every scrambled text message was a return receipt coming in that could not be read because the Xpress was not installed correctly.

Now everything seems fine.

Message Edited by mrfld on 05-20-2009 04:11:30 PM

The issue, for me, was Xpress did not set up the first time I installed it.  When I deleted the program and re-installed, the messages stopped. They started coming in the form of an actual emails. 

I had return receipts on my emails; every scrambled text message was a return receipt coming in that could not be read because the Xpress was not installed correctly.

Now everything seems fine.

Message Edited by mrfld on 05-20-2009 04:11:30 PM

[ Edited ]
45 of 47 (4,106 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 11, 2009 8:47:33 AM
(0)
Contributor

I have been getting the messages from 1111302000 also and called ATT tech support (1-888-892-9760).  After several calls and much "research" on their part they were not able to resolve the problem.  As others have mentioned, they first said it was spam and that I should reply with "STOP" in a message, don't bother, it is not spam, as others have pointed out it is coming from XpressMail's push server.  I was able to ssolve the problem by disabling XpressMail's push feature and have not been getting any more of these annoying messages.  Open XpressMail Settings, Update Preferences, uncheck "Enable Push" and then click menu and then "Save".

Glad I'm not getting the messages but I want to get emails pushed!  Please call ATT tech support at number above, tell them your problem, the temporary solution and ASK THEM TO FIX THE UNDERLYING PROBLEM!  Perhaps if enough people call they will come up with a real solution.

I have been getting the messages from 1111302000 also and called ATT tech support (1-888-892-9760).  After several calls and much "research" on their part they were not able to resolve the problem.  As others have mentioned, they first said it was spam and that I should reply with "STOP" in a message, don't bother, it is not spam, as others have pointed out it is coming from XpressMail's push server.  I was able to ssolve the problem by disabling XpressMail's push feature and have not been getting any more of these annoying messages.  Open XpressMail Settings, Update Preferences, uncheck "Enable Push" and then click menu and then "Save".

Glad I'm not getting the messages but I want to get emails pushed!  Please call ATT tech support at number above, tell them your problem, the temporary solution and ASK THEM TO FIX THE UNDERLYING PROBLEM!  Perhaps if enough people call they will come up with a real solution.

46 of 47 (3,859 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 30, 2009 3:32:41 PM
(0)
Contributor
Have you been able to solve this issue? I have the exact same issue, I went from a Black Jack II to an iphone and I am getting bombarded with text messages from 1111302000. Any thing would help, I spent 3 hours on tech support today and they are calling me back tomorrow....
Have you been able to solve this issue? I have the exact same issue, I went from a Black Jack II to an iphone and I am getting bombarded with text messages from 1111302000. Any thing would help, I spent 3 hours on tech support today and they are calling me back tomorrow....

47 of 47 (3,527 Views)