Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Feb 25, 2008
9:08:46 AM
View profile
XpressMail isue: Receiving timeout on Manual Send/Receive from BlackJack II
Hi,

Just got BlackJack II recently.  Initial setup of ExpressMail was working, until it stopped a while back.  When I do manual Send/Receive from Inbox, I got this error message:

Error S7109: The network connection timed out.  Please wait a few minites and try again.

Called Tech Support two days ago, and we walked through uninstall-re-install both the Desktop client and the XpressMail client on the device.  It got to successfully pull down emails for one time, then stop working again. Calendar is somewhat a little bit better, from Event Log I was able to see that it works until about yesterday evening and then stops pulling down information.

I can't keep uninstall and re-install everytime I need to retrive emails....
Hi,

Just got BlackJack II recently.  Initial setup of ExpressMail was working, until it stopped a while back.  When I do manual Send/Receive from Inbox, I got this error message:

Error S7109: The network connection timed out.  Please wait a few minites and try again.

Called Tech Support two days ago, and we walked through uninstall-re-install both the Desktop client and the XpressMail client on the device.  It got to successfully pull down emails for one time, then stop working again. Calendar is somewhat a little bit better, from Event Log I was able to see that it works until about yesterday evening and then stops pulling down information.

I can't keep uninstall and re-install everytime I need to retrive emails....

XpressMail isue: Receiving timeout on Manual Send/Receive from BlackJack II

5 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(5)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 25, 2008 10:48:19 AM
(0)
Master
Disconnecting, then reconnecting the desktop connector often clears up many S7xxx errors.  Although the desktop connector might say "connected", something causes the session to timeout and never re-establishes the connection back to the Xpressmail servers correctly.  So  I do this disconnect/reconnect every morning before I leave the office and do not get S7xxx errors anymore (except when Xpressmail is completely down.)  Inconvinient and irrititating, but it works and is better than nothing.
Disconnecting, then reconnecting the desktop connector often clears up many S7xxx errors.  Although the desktop connector might say "connected", something causes the session to timeout and never re-establishes the connection back to the Xpressmail servers correctly.  So  I do this disconnect/reconnect every morning before I leave the office and do not get S7xxx errors anymore (except when Xpressmail is completely down.)  Inconvinient and irrititating, but it works and is better than nothing.

Re: XpressMail isue: Receiving timeout on Manual Send/Receive from BlackJack II

2 of 6 (4,066 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 25, 2008 11:31:48 AM
(0)
Contributor
Thanks asatoran!  That works. I disconnected the desktop client, reboot the device (not sure if this step is needed, but I did it anyways to cover all bases), and reconnect desktop client.  After that I started getting email on my BlackJack II again.

I agree that this is better than nothing.  (and a lot better than uninstalling/re-installing).

Thanks asatoran!  That works. I disconnected the desktop client, reboot the device (not sure if this step is needed, but I did it anyways to cover all bases), and reconnect desktop client.  After that I started getting email on my BlackJack II again.

I agree that this is better than nothing.  (and a lot better than uninstalling/re-installing).

3 of 6 (4,061 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 25, 2008 12:06:43 PM
(0)
Master
You're welcome.  And rebooting is not necessary for me.  Just disconnect/reconnecting the desktop connector.
You're welcome.  And rebooting is not necessary for me.  Just disconnect/reconnecting the desktop connector.

4 of 6 (4,056 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 6, 2008 3:22:02 PM
(0)
Tutor
HOw do you disconnect then reconnect the desktop connector?

Thanks

Thanks

5 of 6 (3,923 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 6, 2008 4:49:05 PM
(0)
Master

psumner wrote:

Thanks

Open the Desktop Reconnector program on whatever PC you installed it on.  (Double-click the icon in the system tray.)  You will see a "disconnect" button.  Once you've disconnected, the button changes to "connect."

psumner wrote:

Thanks

Open the Desktop Reconnector program on whatever PC you installed it on.  (Double-click the icon in the system tray.)  You will see a "disconnect" button.  Once you've disconnected, the button changes to "connect."

6 of 6 (3,919 Views)