Xpress Mail on N95-3?

Contributor

Xpress Mail on N95-3?

Hello Everyone,

I recently got the new and much awaited Unlocked Nokia N95-3 from Nokia USA. I was looking for some good push based email clients to configure gmail on my mobile and came to know about Xpress Mail from Cingular. I registered myself and selected Nokia E62 as the phone model in the device selection, as it also runs on S60 V3 and downloaded & installed the desktop client on my desktop pc. I did the mail type configuration using gmail IMAP type settings and got the desktop client connected. Now on my N95 when i open the Xpress Mail program it prompts me with the registration process begining with the mobile number. After entering my mobile number and going to next screen i get Account Type with (no data) in it.

Is this because the phone N95 isn't from Cingular? Or is it that i missed some step in Xpress Mail configuration?

Thanks and Regards,
Vasu

Message 1 of 5
Scholar

Re: Xpress Mail on N95-3?

i know that the unlocked n95-3 works fine with our application. Maybe your data settings arent set correctly? I would try googling the n95 data settings.

Maybe someone else can chime in on this one.
Message 2 of 5
Contributor

Just picked up an N95-3, and having the same problems trying to setup xpress mail.  Any help would be appreciated.

THanks!
Message 3 of 5
Contributor

I have now switched to emoze (http://www.emoze.com) which i feel is much easier to setup and use.

Regards,

Message 4 of 5
Highlighted
Contributor

Thanks for the pointer, I'll try it out.

With regards to Xpress Mail, I think the problem is that when I start the Xpress Mail app, it seems to be looking for a profile (I get the message "searching for profile" for a split second).  SInce I have not defined a profile yet, it returns an error "no data".

Thanks,
Cliff
Message 5 of 5
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support