Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Feb 26, 2008
2:08:59 PM
View profile
Xpress Mail doesn't work with Lotus Notes 8?
I've been happily using Xpress mail to connect to Lotus Notes on my Treo 680 for months now.

I upgraded my Notes Client on work PC to version 8.01 and now Xpress mail doesn't work.  It gives variations on 'Unsupported Version' when I try to access my email.  Is 8 not yet supported and if so, is the a rough ETA on when it will be?

Mark
I've been happily using Xpress mail to connect to Lotus Notes on my Treo 680 for months now.

I upgraded my Notes Client on work PC to version 8.01 and now Xpress mail doesn't work.  It gives variations on 'Unsupported Version' when I try to access my email.  Is 8 not yet supported and if so, is the a rough ETA on when it will be?

Mark

Xpress Mail doesn't work with Lotus Notes 8?

4 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(4)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 27, 2008 5:52:46 AM
(0)
Master
Support is upto the software developer.  AT&T just sells the service on behalf of the email provider.
Support is upto the software developer.  AT&T just sells the service on behalf of the email provider.

Re: Xpress Mail doesn't work with Lotus Notes 8?

2 of 5 (3,775 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 27, 2008 6:37:44 AM
(0)
Contributor
I know that SEVEN is the developer, but if you go to their site for help, it just sends you back to the individual carrier's support sites.  
I know that SEVEN is the developer, but if you go to their site for help, it just sends you back to the individual carrier's support sites.  

3 of 5 (3,767 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 27, 2008 7:35:51 PM
(0)
Master
With issues with connections.  As this is software related but not related to AT&T then the software developer is to provide the support.  Seven provides answers and support for their software.  AT&T will support it to the point they will install and troubleshoot network connectivity issues.  As for troubleshooting new program changes, no AT&T will not support that.  If Sevens software does not support the software, then you will need to wait until it does or revert back to another version of the Lotus/Domino software that is supported.

Maybe Seven will change their software to access the Lotus 8 data but until that time, there is nothing that can be done.
With issues with connections.  As this is software related but not related to AT&T then the software developer is to provide the support.  Seven provides answers and support for their software.  AT&T will support it to the point they will install and troubleshoot network connectivity issues.  As for troubleshooting new program changes, no AT&T will not support that.  If Sevens software does not support the software, then you will need to wait until it does or revert back to another version of the Lotus/Domino software that is supported.

Maybe Seven will change their software to access the Lotus 8 data but until that time, there is nothing that can be done.

4 of 5 (3,754 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 28, 2008 4:07:02 PM
(0)
Employee
 Xpress Mail E-mail Platform Compatibility list is located at:

I know the information that you are looking for isn't listed, please check back using the link above.  If I find out, I will post this information here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinion.
 Xpress Mail E-mail Platform Compatibility list is located at:

I know the information that you are looking for isn't listed, please check back using the link above.  If I find out, I will post this information here.

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

5 of 5 (3,736 Views)