Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Jan 15, 2008
10:13:34 AM
View profile
Xpress Mail New Mail Notifications
I am using Xpress Mail on my Treo 750 (WinMo 6) and can not figure out to set up new mail notifications.  When a new email comes in it shows on the Today screen,  it just does not give me an audible notification or popup.  Under the sound/notification settings I have it set to alert me via sound and popup.  When new email comes in via one of the pop3's I have set up on the WinMo mail program, I get the notifications.  Just don't get them for any mail that somes in via Xpress Mail.

Am I missing something or is there no way to get notifications for new Xpress Mail?

Any help is greatly appreciated.
I am using Xpress Mail on my Treo 750 (WinMo 6) and can not figure out to set up new mail notifications.  When a new email comes in it shows on the Today screen,  it just does not give me an audible notification or popup.  Under the sound/notification settings I have it set to alert me via sound and popup.  When new email comes in via one of the pop3's I have set up on the WinMo mail program, I get the notifications.  Just don't get them for any mail that somes in via Xpress Mail.

Am I missing something or is there no way to get notifications for new Xpress Mail?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Xpress Mail New Mail Notifications

6 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(6)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 17, 2008 10:26:45 AM
(0)
Scholar
That is strage. It should work with all the notifications you setup in the WinMo O/S under settings. You can try un-installing and re-installing Xpressmail. But it should work with your notifications.
That is strage. It should work with all the notifications you setup in the WinMo O/S under settings. You can try un-installing and re-installing Xpressmail. But it should work with your notifications.

Re: Xpress Mail New Mail Notifications

2 of 7 (5,167 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 29, 2008 12:51:34 PM
(0)
Contributor
I am having the same problem with my TREO 750. I just upgraded to windows mobile 6 and I am unable to get notifications from pushed e-mails through xpress mail from my hotmail account, or even text messages. I also set the notifications appropriately. Prior to upgrading the notifications worked just fine.
I am having the same problem with my TREO 750. I just upgraded to windows mobile 6 and I am unable to get notifications from pushed e-mails through xpress mail from my hotmail account, or even text messages. I also set the notifications appropriately. Prior to upgrading the notifications worked just fine.

3 of 7 (5,020 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 4, 2008 10:29:18 AM
(0)
Scholar
Can you try un-installing and re-installing after the WinMo 6 upgrade? Let me know how it goes.
Can you try un-installing and re-installing after the WinMo 6 upgrade? Let me know how it goes.

4 of 7 (4,898 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 9, 2008 10:18:24 PM
(0)
Scholar
I am having the same problem in my AT&T Tilt.  Was this problem ever resolved?
I am having the same problem in my AT&T Tilt.  Was this problem ever resolved?

5 of 7 (4,487 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 9, 2008 10:34:24 PM
(0)
Contributor
I did a hard reboot a couple of times (at the instruction of technical support) and one day the audible alerts just started working. Now I have a different problem. Sometimes my e-mails come through and sometimes they don't. I am starting to have real regrets about ever purchasing this device.
I did a hard reboot a couple of times (at the instruction of technical support) and one day the audible alerts just started working. Now I have a different problem. Sometimes my e-mails come through and sometimes they don't. I am starting to have real regrets about ever purchasing this device.

6 of 7 (4,484 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 10, 2008 4:30:24 AM
(0)
Scholar

zoesdad6158 wrote:

When you say hard reboot do you mean hard reset and that you wiped out everything on your phone and started from scratch again or you just mean that did a soft reset?  I really don't want to do a hard reset but if I have to I guess i'll go through that aggravation.

zoesdad6158 wrote:

When you say hard reboot do you mean hard reset and that you wiped out everything on your phone and started from scratch again or you just mean that did a soft reset?  I really don't want to do a hard reset but if I have to I guess i'll go through that aggravation.

7 of 7 (4,472 Views)