Helpful Links

Xperia X10 - 2.1 Update is Great!

Mentor

Xperia X10 - 2.1 Update is Great!

I am on AT&T.  I had de-branded using Davinci way back when I first got the phone.  Last night I (USB) connected to the PC Companion software and was offered the update to 2.1

Phone is much more responsive, for example using the dial pad, there is no lag when tapping phone numbers.

Bob H

Message 1 of 60
Contributor

Re: Xperia X10 - 2.1 Update is Great!

Which Brand are you running .. i have generic-lam lusterous black and mine still won't update to 2.1

Message 2 of 60
Teacher

Come on people you know att takes forever. just did my update and i love it.

just debrand your phone at davinci it takes 10 mins.

http://davinciteam.us/index.html

Message 3 of 60
Tutor

Do you have to pay for it?  Can you forward the files to me?

Message 4 of 60
Scholar

revv wrote:

Which Brand are you running .. i have generic-lam lusterous black and mine still won't update to 2.1

I debranded to Generic LAM, then used the Global 2.1 flasher to get the global firmware with 2.1, but i had issues. I used x10flasher yesterday to go back to the LAM R2BA026 firmware with 1.6, checked for the update on the phone and was told it was live. I connected to SEUS and it said the update was available and I downloaded/installed it.

Message 5 of 60
Contributor

. To the owners of this device it was very basic slap in the face. And the look clear in our confused faces that said "WHAT THE (word filter evasion)... May be its not the fact that neither of the Goliath involved could have done better than "hey you loyal Sony/Att customers get this phone And we will figure it out later"... Or-Or "ugh yea testing" ... Here's a idea, say I aM Sony To ATT "if your going To carry this product it will have To be updated in accord with -the rest of the world- To avoid Or products To be considered inferior.".  Att To Sony "we require you To provide the up date for testing X amount of days for branding To provide our customers with the confidence To continue To believe we are there best choice in providers". Either way you boys left your balls on the course.

Message 6 of 60
Tutor

Do you have to pay to debrand the x10 and get the 2.1 update?

Message 7 of 60
Master

xfalconex wrote:

Do you have to pay to debrand the x10 and get the 2.1 update?

I don't know for certain if there is a "free" method available for the x10 (but usually there is eventually one for the SE's); if you are interested in a minimal expenditure, I've seen good things reported of using both DaVinci Team or Ominus to debrand and upgrade.

=^..^=
There must be a happy medium somewhere between being totally informed and blissfully unaware.

- Doug Larson

Message 8 of 60
Scholar

you DO NOT have to pay a dime. The link I posted in the other thread yesterday shows everything needed to switch to the 2.1 global firmware. I've been using it for a while now and never paid a thing.

Message 9 of 60
Scholar

Everything sold on the davinciteam's website for the x10 you can do for free. Their services are for people that don't want to take any time at all to learn about their devices to know how they work and what they're capable of. Read the x10 section at xda developers forum and you'll see what I'm talking about. At least what they do is free and the information ranges from stuff every x10 "n00b" would understand all the way up to advanced developers.

Message 10 of 60
Scholar

If you follow the upgrade threads on XDA, the ones that did it themselves are the ones that have run into multitude of problems.

In Ominus it is around $ 5.00, that is a very small price to pay for a trouble free and non-time consuming de branding.

Just my 2 cents. :-)
Message 11 of 60
Master

charlyee wrote:
If you follow the upgrade threads on XDA, the ones that did it themselves are the ones that have run into multitude of problems.

In Ominus it is around $ 5.00, that is a very small price to pay for a trouble free and non-time consuming de branding.

Just my 2 cents. :-)

Not that it's the same as the X-10, but I can certainly say the same thing re: users debranding the W580i and the Z750a.  If you are technically adept, the "self service" methods may be a good way to save a few bucks.  But I saw many users who bricked their devices trying to do so themselves.  Whether it's Ominus or DT, as you stated, it seems a small price to pay to me for having some support behind you should things not go smoothly.

=^..^=
There must be a happy medium somewhere between being totally informed and blissfully unaware.

- Doug Larson

Message 12 of 60
Contributor

Wait I'm confused about this debranding Thing. Will I still have service from att if I do the process with davinci? Sorry, I know it's a dumb question, but I'm very new to android and I'm sick of 1.6
Message 13 of 60
Scholar

virtualfantasy wrote:
Wait I'm confused about this debranding Thing. Will I still have service from att if I do the process with davinci? Sorry, I know it's a dumb question, but I'm very new to android and I'm sick of 1.6

Yes, you will still have service from at&t without any problems. You will however, not have any at&t apps that came with the device.

Hope that helps.

Message 14 of 60
Contributor

So all it does is allow you to change the firmware by removing att's retartedness?
Message 15 of 60
Share this topic
Announcements

Find out how to track your iPhone's delivery!

Have questions about International Plans? Get the answers on Wed. 10/25 at Hello World: International Plans, from 1-4pm ET / 10am-1pm PT!

Let us help you upgrade and activate your device!

Additional Support