Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Nov 13, 2010
8:51:16 AM
View profile
Xperia X10 - 2.1 Update is Great!
Edited by G8024XH on Nov 13, 2010 at 8:52:54 AM

I am on AT&T.  I had de-branded using Davinci way back when I first got the phone.  Last night I (USB) connected to the PC Companion software and was offered the update to 2.1

Phone is much more responsive, for example using the dial pad, there is no lag when tapping phone numbers.

Bob H

I am on AT&T.  I had de-branded using Davinci way back when I first got the phone.  Last night I (USB) connected to the PC Companion software and was offered the update to 2.1

Phone is much more responsive, for example using the dial pad, there is no lag when tapping phone numbers.

Bob H

Xperia X10 - 2.1 Update is Great!

[ Edited ]
59 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(59)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 3, 2011 7:07:02 AM
(0)
Tutor

Which firmware did you use?

Which firmware did you use?

Re: Xperia X10 - 2.1 Update is Great!

31 of 60 (2,574 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 3, 2011 2:49:06 PM
(0)
Tutor
Edited by stewie7669 on Feb 3, 2011 at 2:50:40 PM

Spent my $14 with the DaVinci folks....  All I can say is WOW!!!!!

Every single day i cursed what I called the piece of junk xperia x10.  It was slow, unresponsive, etc.  Now, I came from an iphone before I was issued one to use for exchange email by my employer.

I absolutely hated this phone and the terrible "work Email" program used for Exchange....

... until I de-branded the phone and installed 2.1.

The phone is now fast.  "Work Email" is gone, replaced by Moxis.  What was convoluted and slow now makes sense and is fast.  Even my #1 stupid item (where either andriod 1.6 or AT&T insisted the phone book be sorted by FIRST name) is gone (now sorted by LAST name).

I like the live wallpaper and the responsiveness of the phone.  I like the HD Video camera.  Still disapointed that it takes like 5-10 seconds for the camera app to start when you press the camera button on the side.  Oh well.

And... all the AT&T bloat-ware is GONE!

I am aware, though, that the processor on the X10 is probably at its max with this, but hey!  I don't hate this phone any more.

Thanks for the tips to stop waiting for AT&T and upgrade it by myself.

Spent my $14 with the DaVinci folks....  All I can say is WOW!!!!!

Every single day i cursed what I called the piece of junk xperia x10.  It was slow, unresponsive, etc.  Now, I came from an iphone before I was issued one to use for exchange email by my employer.

I absolutely hated this phone and the terrible "work Email" program used for Exchange....

... until I de-branded the phone and installed 2.1.

The phone is now fast.  "Work Email" is gone, replaced by Moxis.  What was convoluted and slow now makes sense and is fast.  Even my #1 stupid item (where either andriod 1.6 or AT&T insisted the phone book be sorted by FIRST name) is gone (now sorted by LAST name).

I like the live wallpaper and the responsiveness of the phone.  I like the HD Video camera.  Still disapointed that it takes like 5-10 seconds for the camera app to start when you press the camera button on the side.  Oh well.

And... all the AT&T bloat-ware is GONE!

I am aware, though, that the processor on the X10 is probably at its max with this, but hey!  I don't hate this phone any more.

Thanks for the tips to stop waiting for AT&T and upgrade it by myself.

[ Edited ]
32 of 60 (2,516 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 3, 2011 7:32:05 PM
(0)
Tutor

I just saw your last post...it's pretty darn cool, huh? Much better phone!

After your post about the exchange server, I poked around in the phone - I didn't know what the moxier mail app was - but if you already looked at that, you'll see that it says it supports sync with exchange server 2003 and 2007 - that might be what you can use - otherwise, there's probably an app for what you need - now that you can DL any app you want because att is no longer blocking it on your phone!

I just saw your last post...it's pretty darn cool, huh? Much better phone!

After your post about the exchange server, I poked around in the phone - I didn't know what the moxier mail app was - but if you already looked at that, you'll see that it says it supports sync with exchange server 2003 and 2007 - that might be what you can use - otherwise, there's probably an app for what you need - now that you can DL any app you want because att is no longer blocking it on your phone!

33 of 60 (2,466 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 4, 2011 9:04:05 PM
(0)
Contributor

Hey, I'm using Xperia 10 too. Same problem need to update to 2.1. Can you guys tell me after debranded the phone, will that affecting me to not able to use the data plan(mobile internet)?

Hey, I'm using Xperia 10 too. Same problem need to update to 2.1. Can you guys tell me after debranded the phone, will that affecting me to not able to use the data plan(mobile internet)?

34 of 60 (2,358 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 4, 2011 11:08:03 PM
(0)
Tutor
Everything worked perfectly.
Everything worked perfectly.

35 of 60 (2,337 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 5, 2011 4:55:35 AM
(0)
Scholar
No it will not you will have put in the settings by either downloading them to the phone or manually entering them.
No it will not you will have put in the settings by either downloading them to the phone or manually entering them.

36 of 60 (2,316 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 5, 2011 4:58:07 AM
(0)
Scholar
Sorry I was replying to scuffle about using data plan and mobile. They will work after de branding, just need to re do the settings.
Sorry I was replying to scuffle about using data plan and mobile. They will work after de branding, just need to re do the settings.

37 of 60 (2,314 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 5, 2011 8:54:29 AM
(0)
Contributor

Charlyee, Thanks for your reply. Just wondering how to re do the setting for the data plan. I really concerning about this problem.  I tried to insert my at & t sim card in to my friend's x10(updated 2.1) However, the phone is not able to use internet with the 3g network.

Charlyee, Thanks for your reply. Just wondering how to re do the setting for the data plan. I really concerning about this problem.  I tried to insert my at & t sim card in to my friend's x10(updated 2.1) However, the phone is not able to use internet with the 3g network.

38 of 60 (2,280 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 5, 2011 10:22:46 AM
(0)
Tutor

After you de-brand the phone, go to main setup, select the item at the top "Sony Ericsson" and select "settings download"

After you de-brand the phone, go to main setup, select the item at the top "Sony Ericsson" and select "settings download"

39 of 60 (2,257 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 5, 2011 3:42:15 PM
(0)
Scholar
Souffle, just like how the poster before me said. If that doesn't work (it did for me), you have to manually enter them, the settings are readily available my search.

Btw, sorry about addressing you as "scuffle", its the darned auto correct.
Souffle, just like how the poster before me said. If that doesn't work (it did for me), you have to manually enter them, the settings are readily available my search.

Btw, sorry about addressing you as "scuffle", its the darned auto correct.

40 of 60 (2,223 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 13, 2011 12:24:12 PM
(0)
Contributor

Man, I am glad you posted this!  I just went to the davinci site.  I did have to pay $14 (us), but it's a small price to upgrade to Android 2.1 -- especially considering all the time I wasted trying to get it to upgrade in the first place!  I almost Rooted the phone and hacked in a 2.2 version, but this will be much better.

So I purchased the Davinci software, read the instructions several times, then did the install.  Make sure to read to the end of the instructions so you get the right model number to enter... don't know what would happen if I picked the wrong one, though.

It took about 20 minutes for the Debranding to take place.  Then I booted back up and went straight to the Sony Update Service application, and bam!  It said upgrade is available.  Sweet!

Man, I am glad you posted this!  I just went to the davinci site.  I did have to pay $14 (us), but it's a small price to upgrade to Android 2.1 -- especially considering all the time I wasted trying to get it to upgrade in the first place!  I almost Rooted the phone and hacked in a 2.2 version, but this will be much better.

So I purchased the Davinci software, read the instructions several times, then did the install.  Make sure to read to the end of the instructions so you get the right model number to enter... don't know what would happen if I picked the wrong one, though.

It took about 20 minutes for the Debranding to take place.  Then I booted back up and went straight to the Sony Update Service application, and bam!  It said upgrade is available.  Sweet!

41 of 60 (2,793 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 15, 2011 1:21:58 PM
(0)
Contributor

how did you debrand your x10 i just got mine and would like to follow suit

how did you debrand your x10 i just got mine and would like to follow suit

42 of 60 (2,628 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 15, 2011 1:31:35 PM
(0)
Tutor

43 of 60 (2,624 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 21, 2011 7:39:50 AM
(0)
Teacher
Edited by WirelessForeman on Feb 21, 2011 at 7:55:18 AM

To all debranding the phone. I understand your frustration but you're really taking the pressure off AT$T to ever change.

At least sign this if you feel AT&T has wronged you with their update practices:

(Per the Guidelines, please keep all posts spam free. The Forums is not to be used for the promotion of third party services, products, websites, or organizations. Please refrain from posting content that would constitute advertising, junk mail, spam, chain letters, or any other form of unauthorized solicitation. Thank you.)

To all debranding the phone. I understand your frustration but you're really taking the pressure off AT$T to ever change.

At least sign this if you feel AT&T has wronged you with their update practices:

(Per the Guidelines, please keep all posts spam free. The Forums is not to be used for the promotion of third party services, products, websites, or organizations. Please refrain from posting content that would constitute advertising, junk mail, spam, chain letters, or any other form of unauthorized solicitation. Thank you.)

[ Edited ]
44 of 60 (2,219 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 21, 2011 8:05:03 AM
(0)
Former Moderator

gene.o wrote:

This is how I did it:

http://blog.davinciteam.com/mobile-news/upgrade-xperia-x10-to-android-2-1/

Be careful. Most people are happy to help out on these Forums, but remember that their advice is theirs only and that you are responsible for deciding whether or not to follow it. Take caution before downloading software to or for your handset, as it could potentially damage your device or void your warranty.

Remember to always mark items that you find useful as "Accepted Solutions”, you can even mark multiple
in a single thread.  This will help other users find this information too!!

gene.o wrote:

This is how I did it:

http://blog.davinciteam.com/mobile-news/upgrade-xperia-x10-to-android-2-1/

Be careful. Most people are happy to help out on these Forums, but remember that their advice is theirs only and that you are responsible for deciding whether or not to follow it. Take caution before downloading software to or for your handset, as it could potentially damage your device or void your warranty.

Remember to always mark items that you find useful as "Accepted Solutions”, you can even mark multiple
in a single thread.  This will help other users find this information too!!

45 of 60 (2,214 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 21, 2011 11:59:23 AM
(0)
Contributor

I want to thank you guys for posting this information.  I used the info posted here to upgrade to 2.1 today and it is awesome!!  It was just as easy as stated here (and I'm far from an expert in this stuff) and my phone is better and faster than ever now.  It's a completely different phone now.  It does not show 3g like it used to, it shows "H" (HSDPA) which is an even faster level of ATT's network!  I spent a total of about an hour downloading, configuring, etc. and I'm now 100% good to go.  Thank you sooo much!

If anyone has any questions about how I did it I'll be happy to elaborate.  There is no reason to wait and see if/when ATT will offer the upgrade, it's worth every penny of the $14 it costs to do it now.

I want to thank you guys for posting this information.  I used the info posted here to upgrade to 2.1 today and it is awesome!!  It was just as easy as stated here (and I'm far from an expert in this stuff) and my phone is better and faster than ever now.  It's a completely different phone now.  It does not show 3g like it used to, it shows "H" (HSDPA) which is an even faster level of ATT's network!  I spent a total of about an hour downloading, configuring, etc. and I'm now 100% good to go.  Thank you sooo much!

If anyone has any questions about how I did it I'll be happy to elaborate.  There is no reason to wait and see if/when ATT will offer the upgrade, it's worth every penny of the $14 it costs to do it now.

46 of 60 (2,161 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 21, 2011 1:58:25 PM
(0)
Contributor

I concur, I was a bit skeptical but I did the update through davinci ( I am an AT&T customer in USA). It is the real deal and the transaction occurs through paypal. The initial update through davinci took 13 minutes, I then had to download seus (sony ericcson update service)(different from PCcompanion) It took two tries to do the update through seus but worked on the second try. The phone took a little while to start up and it was flashing a blue arrow with the camera icon, I was like oh no did it not work so I pushed the camera button ( which im not sure if it was made it boot) but it then booted. The phone is 100 times faster and so much more accurate with the touch screen. It is worth every bit of the 14 dollars because it is seriously like upgrading to a new phone. While we should'nt let AT&T off the hook, I wasn't about to wait months or years for them to, maybe offer the update.

** most importantly follow the instruction page on davinci, it is a little hard to find the update in the list but the one they list is there, make sure you choose the one they list and not the at&t one at the bottom or you will end up with the same os.

I concur, I was a bit skeptical but I did the update through davinci ( I am an AT&T customer in USA). It is the real deal and the transaction occurs through paypal. The initial update through davinci took 13 minutes, I then had to download seus (sony ericcson update service)(different from PCcompanion) It took two tries to do the update through seus but worked on the second try. The phone took a little while to start up and it was flashing a blue arrow with the camera icon, I was like oh no did it not work so I pushed the camera button ( which im not sure if it was made it boot) but it then booted. The phone is 100 times faster and so much more accurate with the touch screen. It is worth every bit of the 14 dollars because it is seriously like upgrading to a new phone. While we should'nt let AT&T off the hook, I wasn't about to wait months or years for them to, maybe offer the update.

** most importantly follow the instruction page on davinci, it is a little hard to find the update in the list but the one they list is there, make sure you choose the one they list and not the at&t one at the bottom or you will end up with the same os.

47 of 60 (2,145 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 22, 2011 4:10:25 AM
(0)
Contributor

Your experience sounds just like mine.  The little camera icon when booting up and everything.  It was a little difficult to find the update in the Davinci list because there are so many there, just have to make sure to be looking for the "customized gel" with the correct version number.  Agreed, carefully reading the instructions is vital.

My biggest worry was if I would be able to get it configured to work on 3g after the switch.  I had read of people having problems getting ATT's settings right so everything worked right with their network and 3g.  What a bonus to now get the "H" everywhere I used to get the 3g signal!  Are others here getting similar results now?

I'm on the AT&T network in the Minneapolis/St. Paul area and this is my first "smart phone".  This phone replaced my SE K850i which I had been using almost exclusively for about 4 years.  It was time for something new... 

The thing I love about SE phones, at least the higher-tier ones, is the signal strength/transmitter and receiver.  I have owned several SE's, most unlocked and not loaded with all the AT&T stuff.  I've evaluated many phones over the years too and there's just nothing that works like an SE.  Up at the lake, out in the woods, in the basement or a walk-in freezer, anywhere in the world, they just work when other phones dont!

Your experience sounds just like mine.  The little camera icon when booting up and everything.  It was a little difficult to find the update in the Davinci list because there are so many there, just have to make sure to be looking for the "customized gel" with the correct version number.  Agreed, carefully reading the instructions is vital.

My biggest worry was if I would be able to get it configured to work on 3g after the switch.  I had read of people having problems getting ATT's settings right so everything worked right with their network and 3g.  What a bonus to now get the "H" everywhere I used to get the 3g signal!  Are others here getting similar results now?

I'm on the AT&T network in the Minneapolis/St. Paul area and this is my first "smart phone".  This phone replaced my SE K850i which I had been using almost exclusively for about 4 years.  It was time for something new... 

The thing I love about SE phones, at least the higher-tier ones, is the signal strength/transmitter and receiver.  I have owned several SE's, most unlocked and not loaded with all the AT&T stuff.  I've evaluated many phones over the years too and there's just nothing that works like an SE.  Up at the lake, out in the woods, in the basement or a walk-in freezer, anywhere in the world, they just work when other phones dont!

48 of 60 (2,063 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 7, 2011 9:38:53 PM
(0)
Contributor

Just did it!!! It's like having a brand new phone!!! Took less than 30 minutes.

Just did it!!! It's like having a brand new phone!!! Took less than 30 minutes.

49 of 60 (1,581 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 9, 2011 7:55:28 AM
(0)
Scholar

No need to pay Davinci. xda developers has a FREE flashtool that couldn't be easier to use.

Google "flashtool n00bies".  The xda forum has easy to follow instructions.  Doing this is easier than setting up email on your phone (your results may vary).  It took more time to download the new FW, than to flash my phone with the 2.1 install (I used the FW that ends in 504; the one that ends in 435 is the latest version).  Back up your APN's (free too in Android market) and contacts.  You then have to set up phone with email, contacts etc, but it's much faster.  In addition, I've had mine wifi connected for 2 days and still have 40% battery life.

No need to pay Davinci. xda developers has a FREE flashtool that couldn't be easier to use.

Google "flashtool n00bies".  The xda forum has easy to follow instructions.  Doing this is easier than setting up email on your phone (your results may vary).  It took more time to download the new FW, than to flash my phone with the 2.1 install (I used the FW that ends in 504; the one that ends in 435 is the latest version).  Back up your APN's (free too in Android market) and contacts.  You then have to set up phone with email, contacts etc, but it's much faster.  In addition, I've had mine wifi connected for 2 days and still have 40% battery life.

50 of 60 (1,518 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 13, 2011 5:07:05 PM
(0)
Scholar
The H is 3G/HSDPA ,my C905a and Z750a say that. It is SUPPOSED TO BE 3G+. I would love to root my phone,but keep some of the at&t apps. How can I back up apps,then reinstall? A novice to all this techy stuff.
The H is 3G/HSDPA ,my C905a and Z750a say that. It is SUPPOSED TO BE 3G+. I would love to root my phone,but keep some of the at&t apps. How can I back up apps,then reinstall? A novice to all this techy stuff.

51 of 60 (1,904 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 14, 2011 5:30:02 PM
(0)
Contributor

wow it seems that im the only one having problems flashing my phone through davinciteam. first of all, the directions given were so unspecific that i thought the process was pretty straight forward. Then i find out that i downloaded the wrong firmware. At first i couldnt find the firmware and downloaded the one i though was closest to the listed one in the tutorial. then i unchecked the finalization box and finally found it. so i had to spend another 15 bucks for 10 more credits to download the firmware. next thing you know, SEUS says my phone is up to date....still. so i try the whole process on another computer and still no update is available. any help, advice, or suggestion would be great because davinciteam's customer service isn't helping a whole lot and theyre not being too specific either.

wow it seems that im the only one having problems flashing my phone through davinciteam. first of all, the directions given were so unspecific that i thought the process was pretty straight forward. Then i find out that i downloaded the wrong firmware. At first i couldnt find the firmware and downloaded the one i though was closest to the listed one in the tutorial. then i unchecked the finalization box and finally found it. so i had to spend another 15 bucks for 10 more credits to download the firmware. next thing you know, SEUS says my phone is up to date....still. so i try the whole process on another computer and still no update is available. any help, advice, or suggestion would be great because davinciteam's customer service isn't helping a whole lot and theyre not being too specific either.

52 of 60 (1,856 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 15, 2011 11:00:59 PM
(0)
Contributor
Turn your phone off then back on then connect to seus.
Turn your phone off then back on then connect to seus.

53 of 60 (1,818 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 26, 2011 2:07:54 PM
(0)
Tutor
Edited by sadsack123 on Mar 26, 2011 at 2:11:42 PM

AT&T is simply a fraud.  At the beginning of Oct 2010 they were still advertising the X10 as having "advanced" android operating system, despite it really having the already obsolete version 1.6.  Now users in Canada, Europe, South America, and Africa have android 2.1 which Sony upgraded for free. Since AT&T can't make any money from the upgrade (and cares nothing for its customers) it is "testing" the upgrade and obviously intends to "test" it into extinction.  Meanwhile users of the Sony X10 who are blessed by not having AT&T will be getting an update to Gingerbread (version 2.3.3) by the end of the year. This is my last contract with AT&T.  Is it a surprise that AT&T throws its shareholder money into buying its competitors, since its terrible customer service prevents them from truly competing.  Every AT&T X10 user should write his or her Congressperson to block the takeover over of T-Mobile by AT&T.  It will just lower the standard of cellular service in this nation.  Every AT&T customer who feels that they have received bad service should write.  AT&T will never stop treating their customers with disdain until they are forced to.

AT&T is simply a fraud.  At the beginning of Oct 2010 they were still advertising the X10 as having "advanced" android operating system, despite it really having the already obsolete version 1.6.  Now users in Canada, Europe, South America, and Africa have android 2.1 which Sony upgraded for free. Since AT&T can't make any money from the upgrade (and cares nothing for its customers) it is "testing" the upgrade and obviously intends to "test" it into extinction.  Meanwhile users of the Sony X10 who are blessed by not having AT&T will be getting an update to Gingerbread (version 2.3.3) by the end of the year. This is my last contract with AT&T.  Is it a surprise that AT&T throws its shareholder money into buying its competitors, since its terrible customer service prevents them from truly competing.  Every AT&T X10 user should write his or her Congressperson to block the takeover over of T-Mobile by AT&T.  It will just lower the standard of cellular service in this nation.  Every AT&T customer who feels that they have received bad service should write.  AT&T will never stop treating their customers with disdain until they are forced to.

[ Edited ]
54 of 60 (1,611 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 31, 2011 1:28:06 PM
(0)
Tutor
Ok.... My stupid xperia x10 has developed problems. I have a warranty replacement coming from AT&T. How can I re-brand the phone with the ancient 1.6 AT&T software and all it's ilk so they don't tell me THAT'S why it broke? I hacked it months ago. It's really a hardware problem. I used da Vinci team. Do they have a easy way to get it back to AT&T? Thanks
Ok.... My stupid xperia x10 has developed problems. I have a warranty replacement coming from AT&T. How can I re-brand the phone with the ancient 1.6 AT&T software and all it's ilk so they don't tell me THAT'S why it broke? I hacked it months ago. It's really a hardware problem. I used da Vinci team. Do they have a easy way to get it back to AT&T? Thanks

55 of 60 (1,472 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 2, 2011 1:29:43 PM
(0)
Teacher

I've followed this guy's youtube video to get my x10 debranded and running 2.1.1.  This link is from him on how to revert back to 1.6.  Assuming this doesn't blocked, its from youtube and look for x10 bluechipj. 

http://www.youtube.com/user/BluechipJ#p/u/42/T5o5SaL-Gno

Good luck

I've followed this guy's youtube video to get my x10 debranded and running 2.1.1.  This link is from him on how to revert back to 1.6.  Assuming this doesn't blocked, its from youtube and look for x10 bluechipj. 

http://www.youtube.com/user/BluechipJ#p/u/42/T5o5SaL-Gno

Good luck

56 of 60 (1,412 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 16, 2011 2:36:48 PM
(0)
Tutor
Xdadevelopers is free also and as I have used their custom aosp roms for months now they also provide a contribution button where I pitched them a 20 cuz it works so good!
Xdadevelopers is free also and as I have used their custom aosp roms for months now they also provide a contribution button where I pitched them a 20 cuz it works so good!

57 of 60 (1,139 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 16, 2011 2:38:26 PM
(0)
Tutor
So worth it. Huge fix and I get a number sent for claiming on taxes lol
So worth it. Huge fix and I get a number sent for claiming on taxes lol

58 of 60 (1,138 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 10, 2011 6:43:18 PM
(0)
Tutor
so how come some people are saying that they have to pay $5.00 to de-brand it, and other people are saying that its $14.00 to de-brand it? if I do it for free, will it be different (worse) than the people who paid money to get it done?
Sorry I'm new to all this stuff.
so how come some people are saying that they have to pay $5.00 to de-brand it, and other people are saying that its $14.00 to de-brand it? if I do it for free, will it be different (worse) than the people who paid money to get it done?

59 of 60 (909 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 11, 2011 4:37:37 AM
(0)
ACE - Master
Edited by hme83 on May 11, 2011 at 4:38:01 AM

Hector Zeroni wrote:

I believe it is $14 to debrand with DaVinci Team and $5 to debrand with Omnius (?).  They are both third party paid providers - and if you don't consider yourself to be technically savvy, it's the way I would choose to go.  At least you have some paid support behind you should you run into problems that you don't know how to resolve.  AFAIK, you will end up at the same place in the end no matter which debranding method you use - it's just a matter of personal preference.

=^..^=
There must be a happy medium somewhere between being totally informed and blissfully unaware.

- Doug Larson

Hector Zeroni wrote:

I believe it is $14 to debrand with DaVinci Team and $5 to debrand with Omnius (?).  They are both third party paid providers - and if you don't consider yourself to be technically savvy, it's the way I would choose to go.  At least you have some paid support behind you should you run into problems that you don't know how to resolve.  AFAIK, you will end up at the same place in the end no matter which debranding method you use - it's just a matter of personal preference.

=^..^=
There must be a happy medium somewhere between being totally informed and blissfully unaware.

- Doug Larson

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

[ Edited ]
60 of 60 (894 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments