Xenon GR500 unlocked, but not working with new SIM

Contributor

Xenon GR500 unlocked, but not working with new SIM

AT&T provided the code and we unlocked the phone.  My son flew to Madrid, bought a prepaid SIM, but the phone won't work?  What did we neglect to do correctly?  Here's what happens:

1) If putting in my new sim after my at&t one was in, it first asks me for my pin.  This was given to me when i bought it, so i enter it and then it goes to touch calibration. 
2) after I do touch calibration, it goes to the start up tutorial which tells you how to navigate the phone.
3) when i finish that, it displays the message "new sim card inserted.  copy sim card contacts to phone address book?"  to which i answer no.
4) then if i try to make a call, right after i dial, it gives me the error message "service unavailable"

the same stuff happens if i use my at&t sim except i don't have to enter a pin at the beginning.  also, when i use the new sim, about a minute after finishing the tutorial i get the error message "sim not provisioned MM #2"

Message 1 of 2
Tutor

Re: Xenon GR500 unlocked, but not working with new SIM

Your service has been shut off or suspended (meaning reported lost/stolen) you need to call at&t and tell them that your SIM card is not registered with your service
Message 2 of 2
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support