Posted Apr 10, 2008
10:56:01 AM
View profile
XU870 CONFIGURATION FILE PROBLEM
Edited by Caretaker on Apr 10, 2008 at 12:09:39 PM

Hi all,

To people with the Novatel XU870 please help:

I seem to have problem with my original settings after a firmware update
I am looking for a copy of the cache file(something like L***.cache - 0), it is located in C:\Program Files\Novatel Wireless\Firmware Cache\

Note that the file has a hidden file attribute and its size should be around 100k

please email it to me on { Personal information edited for security purposes }

Message Edited by Caretaker on 04-10-2008 12:09:39 PM

Hi all,

I am looking for a copy of the cache file(something like L***.cache - 0), it is located in C:\Program Files\Novatel Wireless\Firmware Cache\

Note that the file has a hidden file attribute and its size should be around 100k

XU870 CONFIGURATION FILE PROBLEM

[ Edited ]
2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(2)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 14, 2008 5:42:20 AM
(0)
Scholar

legents wrote:

Hi all,

I Gues I don't understand what your problem really is. I too have updated firmware recently and the configuratioion of the connection manager has nothing to do with it.

legents wrote:

Hi all,

I Gues I don't understand what your problem really is. I too have updated firmware recently and the configuratioion of the connection manager has nothing to do with it.

Re: XU870 CONFIGURATION FILE PROBLEM

2 of 3 (1,936 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 14, 2008 12:18:31 PM
(0)
Voyager
Hi,

What happens is at the start of the upgrade process the upgrade utility saves the card's original settings to the *.cache -#  file (c:\program files\novatel wireless\firmware.cache\*.cache - *) then the upgrade takes place followed by the restoration of the settings from the *.chache - # at the end of the process.

In my case something went wrong when the original settings were being saved to the *.cache- # file. i.e not all the settings were saved and restored.

To fix my problem, I am told I have run the upgrade utility again and replace my saved cache file with another file (hopefully yours) before the rastoration starts allowing the upgrade to the complete settings on to my card. 

Please help and pm your file to me.

cheers
Hi,

What happens is at the start of the upgrade process the upgrade utility saves the card's original settings to the *.cache -#  file (c:\program files\novatel wireless\firmware.cache\*.cache - *) then the upgrade takes place followed by the restoration of the settings from the *.chache - # at the end of the process.

In my case something went wrong when the original settings were being saved to the *.cache- # file. i.e not all the settings were saved and restored.

To fix my problem, I am told I have run the upgrade utility again and replace my saved cache file with another file (hopefully yours) before the rastoration starts allowing the upgrade to the complete settings on to my card. 

Please help and pm your file to me.

cheers

Re: XU870 CONFIGURATION FILE PROBLEM

3 of 3 (1,918 Views)