Worst service ever

Contributor

Worst service ever

This morning I received a notice of a software update on my Samsung Galaxy Skyrocket. Foolishly, I allowed the update to begin. Now, I've had my phone for 32 days and I love it. Well the update blew the firmware but it took a chat with Regina whose only advice was to wait two more hours, phone support from AT&T and Samsung. 5 hours later I was give the choice of sending my phone to Samsung to be reflashed or to trade for a refurb from AT&T. After agreeing to the refurb and listening to all the ominous warnings that I'll be charged more than $400 if they deem I've abused my phone

They broke my [word filter avoidance] phone! I will never allow another of their updates to load. If AT&T/Samsung cannot test there own software then why should I?

I lost a days work and I get a used phone for their screw-up and there is no compensation except their scripted apologies. I cannot wait until I can go back to Verizon. I don't believe they read these entries but it helps a little.

Message 1 of 2
Tutor

Re: Worst service ever

Might want to check out a couple of the posts in this forum. It is pretty easy and fairly painless to reflash the stock SGH-I727 software back to your phone and you won't lose any data or have to send your phone in. Probably take about 30min or so to fix it.

I agree with you completely on this issue and it occurred on my SR as well. I was able to fix mine and retain all my data/settings. I really like the Samsung Galaxy S II SkyRocket, but I'm extremely dissappointed with customer service/technical support from both AT&T and Samsung.

It blows my mind that when I went to the warranty store they didn't already have a computer setup to quickly reflash these phones and get people back in business. I ended up having them overnight a phone to me and later that evening started doing a little research on my own and was able to fix it after a couple hours of searching around.

Truly pathetic on the part of AT&T and Samsung.

Message 2 of 2
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support