Posted Jun 27, 2010
6:20:00 PM
View profile
Won't connect to my wireless router???

Hi all,

another iphone question. Me and my wife both have iphone4, and my son has ipod touch, every time when i entering my house, my phone won't automatically connect to my wireless router, I have to type in password to get connected, but my wife's iphone and my son's ipod touch will connect to wireless router immediately when they entering the house, i checked my wife's iphone settings is same as mine, any suggestions???????

Hi all,

another iphone question. Me and my wife both have iphone4, and my son has ipod touch, every time when i entering my house, my phone won't automatically connect to my wireless router, I have to type in password to get connected, but my wife's iphone and my son's ipod touch will connect to wireless router immediately when they entering the house, i checked my wife's iphone settings is same as mine, any suggestions???????

Won't connect to my wireless router???

4 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Cancel
Submit
View all replies
(4)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 27, 2010 6:25:06 PM
(0)
Mentor

reset your network settings on your phone and reboot the router

reset your network settings on your phone and reboot the router

Re: Won't connect to my wireless router???

2 of 5 (2,633 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 27, 2010 6:33:31 PM
(0)
Teacher

"reboot the router", will it affect all my other wireless devices in my house? do i have to redo all set tings on all the wireless devices?

"reboot the router", will it affect all my other wireless devices in my house? do i have to redo all set tings on all the wireless devices?

3 of 5 (2,620 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 27, 2010 6:38:12 PM
(0)
Mentor

no it wont effect anything, just unplug the router for about 15 sec and plug it back in.  everything connected should reconnect without any intervention needed.  Be sure you reset your network settings on the phone.  it WILL erase all learned wifi connection passwords on the phone

no it wont effect anything, just unplug the router for about 15 sec and plug it back in.  everything connected should reconnect without any intervention needed.  Be sure you reset your network settings on the phone.  it WILL erase all learned wifi connection passwords on the phone

4 of 5 (2,607 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 27, 2010 6:48:36 PM
(0)
Teacher

i will give it a try tomorrow, and let you know the result, thanks

i will give it a try tomorrow, and let you know the result, thanks

5 of 5 (2,591 Views)