Wireless Networks

Tutor

Wireless Networks

I am unable to use my home wireless network.  It connects to the network but it can't send or receive any data.  I can connect to other wireless networks, but not my own.  I have tried everything I can think of, but still no luck.  I have a linksys e2000 router.  Can anyone offer some tips or guidance.  Thank you.

Message 1 of 4
Professor

Re: Wireless Networks

Have you tried power cycling the router?

Message 2 of 4
Tutor

I'm sorry but I do not know what that means. I have powered it off and on if that is what you mean. 

Message 3 of 4

I have a similar, but different problem with my Captivate. I can use the wireless network at work without any problem. I was using the wireless at home for quite some time. For some reason, the network at home stopped working. I reset the router, which didn't fix it and then noticed that other wireless devices at home were working OK. I downloaded and ran a program called "FXR WiFi fix and rescue". This wipes out all your saved passwords, but did fix the home router problem. But now I have the problem again and I believe it came about after I re-entered the password for the work router. I haven't checked this thoroughly. In my case, the router never assigns an IP address to the Captivate. It shows the network available, but cannot connect for this reason.

Message 4 of 4
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.

Additional Support