Wireless Networks

Tutor

Wireless Networks

I am unable to use my home wireless network.  It connects to the network but it can't send or receive any data.  I can connect to other wireless networks, but not my own.  I have tried everything I can think of, but still no luck.  I have a linksys e2000 router.  Can anyone offer some tips or guidance.  Thank you.

Message 1 of 4
Professor

Re: Wireless Networks

Have you tried power cycling the router?

Message 2 of 4
Tutor

I'm sorry but I do not know what that means. I have powered it off and on if that is what you mean. 

Message 3 of 4

I have a similar, but different problem with my Captivate. I can use the wireless network at work without any problem. I was using the wireless at home for quite some time. For some reason, the network at home stopped working. I reset the router, which didn't fix it and then noticed that other wireless devices at home were working OK. I downloaded and ran a program called "FXR WiFi fix and rescue". This wipes out all your saved passwords, but did fix the home router problem. But now I have the problem again and I believe it came about after I re-entered the password for the work router. I haven't checked this thoroughly. In my case, the router never assigns an IP address to the Captivate. It shows the network available, but cannot connect for this reason.

Message 4 of 4
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support