Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Sep 7, 2010
7:25:22 PM
View profile
Wireless Networks

I am unable to use my home wireless network.  It connects to the network but it can't send or receive any data.  I can connect to other wireless networks, but not my own.  I have tried everything I can think of, but still no luck.  I have a linksys e2000 router.  Can anyone offer some tips or guidance.  Thank you.

I am unable to use my home wireless network.  It connects to the network but it can't send or receive any data.  I can connect to other wireless networks, but not my own.  I have tried everything I can think of, but still no luck.  I have a linksys e2000 router.  Can anyone offer some tips or guidance.  Thank you.

Wireless Networks

3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(3)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 7, 2010 7:33:14 PM
(0)
Professor

Have you tried power cycling the router?

Have you tried power cycling the router?

Re: Wireless Networks

2 of 4 (768 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 7, 2010 7:40:00 PM
(0)
Tutor

I'm sorry but I do not know what that means. I have powered it off and on if that is what you mean. 

I'm sorry but I do not know what that means. I have powered it off and on if that is what you mean. 

3 of 4 (765 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 22, 2011 5:46:44 PM
(0)
Tutor

I have a similar, but different problem with my Captivate. I can use the wireless network at work without any problem. I was using the wireless at home for quite some time. For some reason, the network at home stopped working. I reset the router, which didn't fix it and then noticed that other wireless devices at home were working OK. I downloaded and ran a program called "FXR WiFi fix and rescue". This wipes out all your saved passwords, but did fix the home router problem. But now I have the problem again and I believe it came about after I re-entered the password for the work router. I haven't checked this thoroughly. In my case, the router never assigns an IP address to the Captivate. It shows the network available, but cannot connect for this reason.

I have a similar, but different problem with my Captivate. I can use the wireless network at work without any problem. I was using the wireless at home for quite some time. For some reason, the network at home stopped working. I reset the router, which didn't fix it and then noticed that other wireless devices at home were working OK. I downloaded and ran a program called "FXR WiFi fix and rescue". This wipes out all your saved passwords, but did fix the home router problem. But now I have the problem again and I believe it came about after I re-entered the password for the work router. I haven't checked this thoroughly. In my case, the router never assigns an IP address to the Captivate. It shows the network available, but cannot connect for this reason.

4 of 4 (231 Views)