Windows Phone 7.5 for HTC Surround

Tutor

Windows Phone 7.5 for HTC Surround

Do anyone received the Windows Phone 7.5 (mango) update for their HTC Surround phone?

Microsoft officially says is it being "delivered" by AT&T to the phones but I haven't received it yet. No notification on phone neither in Zune phone settings update.

Message 1 of 6 (4,894 Views)
Contributor

Re: Windows Phone 7.5 for HTC Surround

Guess not. I heard the update'd be released on Sep 27th.

Message 2 of 6 (4,873 Views)
Tutor

I have been checking for the Mango update as well and there has been no indication it is available yet. Im wondering what's up. 

Could someone from AT&T please comment?    Thanks,   Dave

Message 3 of 6 (4,826 Views)
Professor

I'm an Android person, and don't know much about WP.  But just browsing around, I found the following article which is a guide on how to force the update.   Its not completely clear to me from the verbage of the article, whether the update has not been officially released yet, or the notification has just not been sent to all Surround owners yet.  Follow the guide at your own risk, or course.

http://thetechnoclub.com/windows-phone-7-exclusive/installing-official-mango-on-htc-mozart-htc-surro...

Message 4 of 6 (4,801 Views)
Contributor

Yes i have it, but i had to "force" the download.  just search it in bing and you'll find instructions on how to trick zune to give you the download.  it works

Message 5 of 6 (4,638 Views)
Contributor

yes, just search it in bing and you'll find step by step instructions to trick zune in to giving you the download, it worked perfectly for me
Message 6 of 6 (4,637 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.