Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Oct 5, 2011
12:19:04 PM
View profile
Windows Phone 7.5 for HTC Surround

Do anyone received the Windows Phone 7.5 (mango) update for their HTC Surround phone?

Microsoft officially says is it being "delivered" by AT&T to the phones but I haven't received it yet. No notification on phone neither in Zune phone settings update.

Do anyone received the Windows Phone 7.5 (mango) update for their HTC Surround phone?

Microsoft officially says is it being "delivered" by AT&T to the phones but I haven't received it yet. No notification on phone neither in Zune phone settings update.

Windows Phone 7.5 for HTC Surround

5 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(5)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 5, 2011 2:47:05 PM
(0)
Contributor

Guess not. I heard the update'd be released on Sep 27th.

Guess not. I heard the update'd be released on Sep 27th.

Re: Windows Phone 7.5 for HTC Surround

2 of 6 (4,839 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 6, 2011 2:15:10 PM
(0)
Tutor

I have been checking for the Mango update as well and there has been no indication it is available yet. Im wondering what's up. 

Could someone from AT&T please comment?    Thanks,   Dave

I have been checking for the Mango update as well and there has been no indication it is available yet. Im wondering what's up. 

Could someone from AT&T please comment?    Thanks,   Dave

3 of 6 (4,792 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 7, 2011 6:10:02 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor

I'm an Android person, and don't know much about WP.  But just browsing around, I found the following article which is a guide on how to force the update.   Its not completely clear to me from the verbage of the article, whether the update has not been officially released yet, or the notification has just not been sent to all Surround owners yet.  Follow the guide at your own risk, or course.

http://thetechnoclub.com/windows-phone-7-exclusive/installing-official-mango-on-htc-mozart-htc-surro...

I'm an Android person, and don't know much about WP.  But just browsing around, I found the following article which is a guide on how to force the update.   Its not completely clear to me from the verbage of the article, whether the update has not been officially released yet, or the notification has just not been sent to all Surround owners yet.  Follow the guide at your own risk, or course.

http://thetechnoclub.com/windows-phone-7-exclusive/installing-official-mango-on-htc-mozart-htc-surround-and-htc-hd-7/

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

4 of 6 (4,767 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 10, 2011 6:18:40 PM
(0)
Contributor

Yes i have it, but i had to "force" the download.  just search it in bing and you'll find instructions on how to trick zune to give you the download.  it works

Yes i have it, but i had to "force" the download.  just search it in bing and you'll find instructions on how to trick zune to give you the download.  it works

5 of 6 (4,604 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 10, 2011 6:23:17 PM
(0)
Contributor
yes, just search it in bing and you'll find step by step instructions to trick zune in to giving you the download, it worked perfectly for me
yes, just search it in bing and you'll find step by step instructions to trick zune in to giving you the download, it worked perfectly for me

6 of 6 (4,603 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments