Will iPhone unlimited plan be preserved if I swap phone numbers?

Contributor

Will iPhone unlimited plan be preserved if I swap phone numbers?

Have 2 lines under the same account (a familytalk plan)...one is an iPhone 3g (with the unlimited data plan), the other is an equally old RAZR.

Don't want to upgrade either phone, just want to swap phone number 1, currently being used by the iPhone, with phone number 2, being used by the RAZR...not switching to any new phone numbers, just want to flip-flop the existing phone numbers currently associated with each device.

Can this be done without losing the unlimited plan that the iPhone currently has (which I guess comes down to, is the unlimited plan associated with the phone number, or with the device)?

Thanks!

Message 1 of 2 (685 Views)
Highlighted
Professor

Re: Will iPhone unlimited plan be preserved if I swap phone numbers?

You sure can. I actually did it last month. Just walk into a store and they will associate your chosen number with what ever phone you want. Just a word of "caution" when they associated my other number with my iPhone and wanted to transfer my grand fathered unlimited data plan, the computer system did not let them do it. The store associate called customer service and they transferred him to some special team, which then told him it would take up to 72 hours. Within 48 hours I got a text message saying the unlimited plan has been restored and transferred to my number of choice.

Message 2 of 2 (618 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.