Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Highlighted
Posted Oct 4, 2011
5:06:44 PM
View profile
Will be upgrading from 3G to the 4S....can I still keep unlimited data plan?

So my husband and I have had the iphone 3G for a lonnnggg while and have the $30 unlimited data plan.  We really don't want to give this up.  Can someone who works for AT&T on this forum please verify for me if we will be able to keep our current family plan with current unlimited data and messaging plans when we get a new iphone 4S or will we be forced to give them up?

Thanks!

So my husband and I have had the iphone 3G for a lonnnggg while and have the $30 unlimited data plan.  We really don't want to give this up.  Can someone who works for AT&T on this forum please verify for me if we will be able to keep our current family plan with current unlimited data and messaging plans when we get a new iphone 4S or will we be forced to give them up?

Thanks!

Will be upgrading from 3G to the 4S....can I still keep unlimited data plan?

4 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(4)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 4, 2011 7:06:30 PM
(0)
ACE - Master
From what I know, as long as you are going smartphone to smartphone, you will not lose your unlimited data, although online purchases sometimes will not allow you to pick unlimited and you may lose it. It would be best to buy at a corporate store and make sure that the unlimited data is not lost.
This is a user to user forum. I am a user, just like almost everyone else on the site.
From what I know, as long as you are going smartphone to smartphone, you will not lose your unlimited data, although online purchases sometimes will not allow you to pick unlimited and you may lose it. It would be best to buy at a corporate store and make sure that the unlimited data is not lost.
This is a user to user forum. I am a user, just like almost everyone else on the site.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Will be upgrading from 3G to the 4S....can I still keep unlimited data plan?

2 of 5 (901 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 5, 2011 10:16:46 AM
(0)
Tutor

I'm nervous about this as well, but really hoping to avoid standing in line at an AT&T store on release day if at all possible. I guess I'll swing by an AT&T store today or tomorrow and get their advice on what I should do.

I'm nervous about this as well, but really hoping to avoid standing in line at an AT&T store on release day if at all possible. I guess I'll swing by an AT&T store today or tomorrow and get their advice on what I should do.

Re: Will be upgrading from 3G to the 4S....can I still keep unlimited data plan?

3 of 5 (833 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 5, 2011 7:37:02 PM
(0)
Contributor

Please post here what you find out!! :-)  I am working 12 hour shifts up to pre order day and won't have time to call or swing by a store.

Thanks!

Please post here what you find out!! :-)  I am working 12 hour shifts up to pre order day and won't have time to call or swing by a store.

Thanks!

4 of 5 (789 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 5, 2011 9:13:18 PM
(0)
Tutor

Confirmed! Rep said unequivocally that grandfathered unlimited data plans will roll over and it's not necessary to order or pick up in store. She said pre-ordering from Apple is fine and can receive and activate at home or at an AT&T store (or an Apple store I'm assuming).

Confirmed! Rep said unequivocally that grandfathered unlimited data plans will roll over and it's not necessary to order or pick up in store. She said pre-ordering from Apple is fine and can receive and activate at home or at an AT&T store (or an Apple store I'm assuming).

5 of 5 (777 Views)