Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Jan 18, 2012
2:27:49 AM
Will Nokia Lumia 900 / WP7.5 / sync with Yahoo calendar & contacts?

I've been wanting to sync with Yahoo ever since I bought my Nokia E62 5 years ago.  This could be a make a break deal for me.  Will WP7.5 (Mango) sync with Yahoo?  How about with the updated release?  Maybe I should just get a generic phone (and possibly a new provider) and go back to the paper day-planner and address book; at least it was all in one place.

I've been wanting to sync with Yahoo ever since I bought my Nokia E62 5 years ago.  This could be a make a break deal for me.  Will WP7.5 (Mango) sync with Yahoo?  How about with the updated release?  Maybe I should just get a generic phone (and possibly a new provider) and go back to the paper day-planner and address book; at least it was all in one place.

Will Nokia Lumia 900 / WP7.5 / sync with Yahoo calendar & contacts?

3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(3)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 18, 2012 8:39:59 PM
(0)
Voyager

I just set up Yahoo on my Samsung Focus.  It uses the same OS as the Lumia 900.  My email syncs just fine.  I don't see anywhere to sync the calendar though.

I just set up Yahoo on my Samsung Focus.  It uses the same OS as the Lumia 900.  My email syncs just fine.  I don't see anywhere to sync the calendar though.

Re: Will Nokia Lumia 900 / WP7.5 / sync with Yahoo calendar & contacts?

2 of 4 (1,549 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 23, 2012 2:40:53 PM
(0)
Tutor
I highly recommend you move away from Yahoo! and use Windows Live (Hotmail) or Google (Gmail) for your e-mail and calendar/contact services. The only way Yahoo lets you get any information other than e-mail to a mobile device is to sign up for their Yahoo! Mail Plus service, which costs $20/yr.

For the record, Yahoo! Mail is supported by Windows Phone 7, but if you want calendar/contact information you will need to pay for their "Plus" service.
I highly recommend you move away from Yahoo! and use Windows Live (Hotmail) or Google (Gmail) for your e-mail and calendar/contact services. The only way Yahoo lets you get any information other than e-mail to a mobile device is to sign up for their Yahoo! Mail Plus service, which costs $20/yr.

For the record, Yahoo! Mail is supported by Windows Phone 7, but if you want calendar/contact information you will need to pay for their "Plus" service.

3 of 4 (1,531 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 24, 2012 5:50:36 PM
(0)
Mentor

StephenPT,

Since I already use AT&T DSL, the Yahoo Plus features are included as part of the service.  So there may be a chance that I can sync the calendar/contacts (one can hope and pray for a miracle).

StephenPT,

Since I already use AT&T DSL, the Yahoo Plus features are included as part of the service.  So there may be a chance that I can sync the calendar/contacts (one can hope and pray for a miracle).

4 of 4 (1,520 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments