Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Nov 19, 2011
9:54:45 PM
View profile
Will AT&T give me a bigger SIM card for free if I change my phone?

Hey guys

I'm planning on trading my iPhone with my friend's Samsung Infuse 4G, and I know that the iPhone 4 houses a much smaller SIM card than most other phones. If I go into AT&T store with my iPhone SIM card, will they be able to give me a SIM card supported by the new Infuse? Thanks! Smiley Happy

Hey guys

I'm planning on trading my iPhone with my friend's Samsung Infuse 4G, and I know that the iPhone 4 houses a much smaller SIM card than most other phones. If I go into AT&T store with my iPhone SIM card, will they be able to give me a SIM card supported by the new Infuse? Thanks! Smiley Happy

Will AT&T give me a bigger SIM card for free if I change my phone?

2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(2)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 19, 2011 10:33:58 PM
(0)
Scholar
I did the exact opposite today. Exchanged an Infuse for an iPhone 4. I was charged for the SIM... But it could be because I was going to a micro sim? I've read on here that they may give it to you free. Unfortunately for me, that wasn't the case Smiley Sad
I did the exact opposite today. Exchanged an Infuse for an iPhone 4. I was charged for the SIM... But it could be because I was going to a micro sim? I've read on here that they may give it to you free. Unfortunately for me, that wasn't the case Smiley Sad

Re: Will AT&T give me a bigger SIM card for free if I change my phone?

2 of 3 (3,328 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 20, 2011 5:46:52 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor

AT&T should have no problem either giving or selling a SIM card to you.  If you have time to wait, you could order a SIM card adapter from Amazon or similar, and keep your same SIM card so that if you change back to an iPhone in the future, you won't have to go through this again.

AT&T should have no problem either giving or selling a SIM card to you.  If you have time to wait, you could order a SIM card adapter from Amazon or similar, and keep your same SIM card so that if you change back to an iPhone in the future, you won't have to go through this again.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Will AT&T give me a bigger SIM card for free if I change my phone?

3 of 3 (3,310 Views)