Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Nov 3, 2011
10:14:02 PM
View profile
Wifi issues?
Idk what wrong but my Internet runs so slow when connected to my wifi I'm not sure if it's my wifi or my phone what can I do?
Idk what wrong but my Internet runs so slow when connected to my wifi I'm not sure if it's my wifi or my phone what can I do?

Wifi issues?

4 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(4)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 4, 2011 5:49:09 AM
(0)
Mentor

Basic troubleshooting of the device is reset, restart, restore.

Power cycling the router might also help.

What has been done so far to try and troubleshoot the issue?

Basic troubleshooting of the device is reset, restart, restore.

Power cycling the router might also help.

What has been done so far to try and troubleshoot the issue?

Re: Wifi issues?

2 of 5 (194 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 4, 2011 6:10:43 AM
(0)
Tutor

Reboot your modem, router and phone.  Will fix speed problems 75% of the time.

Reboot your modem, router and phone.  Will fix speed problems 75% of the time.

3 of 5 (192 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 4, 2011 2:33:54 PM
(0)
Teacher
I have shut of my phone and restarted it 10 minutes later and reset the modem. Do I really have to restore my phone to factory? I have an AT&T modem and my iPhone is AT&T shouldn't that work well with each other?
I have shut of my phone and restarted it 10 minutes later and reset the modem. Do I really have to restore my phone to factory? I have an AT&T modem and my iPhone is AT&T shouldn't that work well with each other?

4 of 5 (164 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 4, 2011 4:30:40 PM
(0)
Mentor

Leene wrote:

No... that does not mean they "should work well" together... it's frankly irrelevant.

If power cycling the router and the phone does not resolve the issue, then turn off all security settings on the router (e.g. MAC address filtering, passwords) to eliminate issues there.

If stil having issues, on the device select Settings > General > Reset > Reset network settings.

IF that still does not resolve the issue, restore the device as new.

Finally... if still having issues, take it up with Apple as you likely have a hardware issue with the device.

This is basic troubleshooting and process of ellimination.

Leene wrote:

No... that does not mean they "should work well" together... it's frankly irrelevant.

If power cycling the router and the phone does not resolve the issue, then turn off all security settings on the router (e.g. MAC address filtering, passwords) to eliminate issues there.

If stil having issues, on the device select Settings > General > Reset > Reset network settings.

IF that still does not resolve the issue, restore the device as new.

Finally... if still having issues, take it up with Apple as you likely have a hardware issue with the device.

This is basic troubleshooting and process of ellimination.

5 of 5 (149 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments