Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Sep 22, 2011
6:04:39 AM
View profile
Wifi and Bluetooth no longer work - WiFi says error - Phone reboots

For the last several weeks neither the WiFi nor the Bluetooth will turn on.  When selecting to turn on WiFi is starts to turn on then stops and displays Error.   About 75% of the time after attempting to turn on the WiFi the phone will reboot.    I have factory reset the phone and the WiFi and Bluetooth will work once after the reset but once the phone sleeps neither WiFi nor Bluetooth will operate.  This is even after a power down.  I have checked my settings and can't find anything that would cause this.  Any suggestions would be appreciated

Thanks

Dave

For the last several weeks neither the WiFi nor the Bluetooth will turn on.  When selecting to turn on WiFi is starts to turn on then stops and displays Error.   About 75% of the time after attempting to turn on the WiFi the phone will reboot.    I have factory reset the phone and the WiFi and Bluetooth will work once after the reset but once the phone sleeps neither WiFi nor Bluetooth will operate.  This is even after a power down.  I have checked my settings and can't find anything that would cause this.  Any suggestions would be appreciated

Thanks

Dave

Wifi and Bluetooth no longer work - WiFi says error - Phone reboots

1 reply
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(1)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 27, 2011 1:15:26 PM
(0)
Guru
Edited by tilteduser on Sep 27, 2011 at 1:16:48 PM

Since the reset did not restore even temporary operability the guess is a hardware problem so you are probably stuck going the warranty exchange route.  You didn't indicate what type of phone, etc., so it would be hard to suggest  which settings to check or if this is a common problem.

Since the reset did not restore even temporary operability the guess is a hardware problem so you are probably stuck going the warranty exchange route.  You didn't indicate what type of phone, etc., so it would be hard to suggest  which settings to check or if this is a common problem.

Re: Wifi and Bluetooth no longer work - WiFi says error - Phone reboots

[ Edited ]
2 of 2 (242 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments