Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Aug 29, 2011
11:14:56 AM
View profile
Why..
Why can't you use the thrive with the 50 dollar Plan?
So what would be the best plan for someone who txts a lot and uses a lot of web, but doesn't make very many calls?
So what would be the best plan for someone who txts a lot and uses a lot of web, but doesn't make very many calls?

Why..

5 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(5)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 29, 2011 10:29:53 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

Craz33me wrote:
You can...to use data services, though, you will need to purchase another data package that is not unlimited. The data portion of the $50 Unlimited plan will not work with the Thrive because the Thrive is a smartphones. Smartphones use more data than typical feature phones so they need to have a separate tiered package.

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Craz33me wrote:
You can...to use data services, though, you will need to purchase another data package that is not unlimited. The data portion of the $50 Unlimited plan will not work with the Thrive because the Thrive is a smartphones. Smartphones use more data than typical feature phones so they need to have a separate tiered package.

:cathappy: Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 :cathappy:

Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Why..

2 of 6 (464 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 30, 2011 8:48:54 AM
(0)
Teacher

Oh, I know that.
That's what I meant by why it wouldn't work with it.

Still then..

what's the best plan for someone who texts a lot but doesn't call a lot, and likes to check her facebook at least once maybe twice a day?

I can't get an actual plan, because I'm not 18 so..

It has to be the prepaid.

Oh, I know that.
That's what I meant by why it wouldn't work with it.

Still then..

what's the best plan for someone who texts a lot but doesn't call a lot, and likes to check her facebook at least once maybe twice a day?

I can't get an actual plan, because I'm not 18 so..

It has to be the prepaid.

3 of 6 (456 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 30, 2011 8:54:48 AM
(0)
ACE - Master
Edited by Wild Banchi on Aug 30, 2011 at 8:56:57 AM
I would recommend the $0.10 a minute Simple Plan. It's just $0.10 per minute for voice calls. This is the plan I use, and I also do not tend to use my phone for calling that much. You can add the unlimited messaging package - $19.99 per month to cover your text messaging.

For a data package, I would choose the $15 100MB plan, unless you think that you'll be using more or less data than 100MB per month.

I would recommend the $0.10 a minute Simple Plan. It's just $0.10 per minute for voice calls. This is the plan I use, and I also do not tend to use my phone for calling that much. You can add the unlimited messaging package - $19.99 per month to cover your text messaging.

For a data package, I would choose the $15 100MB plan, unless you think that you'll be using more or less data than 100MB per month.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

[ Edited ]
4 of 6 (454 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 1, 2011 8:28:10 AM
(0)
Teacher

I like to talk to my boyfriend a few mins each night, that's the only problem.

So i don't know for sure.  That's why I was going to go with the 50 a month, but now that it won't work...

I can't go over 50 bucks a month, cause that's all I can afford myself.

I like to talk to my boyfriend a few mins each night, that's the only problem.

So i don't know for sure.  That's why I was going to go with the 50 a month, but now that it won't work...

I can't go over 50 bucks a month, cause that's all I can afford myself.

5 of 6 (436 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 1, 2011 8:43:59 AM
(0)
ACE - Master
I understand.

Using the $0.10 a minute plan, a $25 refill would give you 50 minutes to talk on the phone, after the $19.99 is deducted for your messaging package. Do you think that's going to be enough? If not, you could always add a little bit more money, say, $15 for another 150 minutes of calling. That would equal 200 minutes for $20.

You could go with the $50 Unlimited plan and just not use data for Facebook/etc.... But that's your choice.

I understand.

Using the $0.10 a minute plan, a $25 refill would give you 50 minutes to talk on the phone, after the $19.99 is deducted for your messaging package. Do you think that's going to be enough? If not, you could always add a little bit more money, say, $15 for another 150 minutes of calling. That would equal 200 minutes for $20.

You could go with the $50 Unlimited plan and just not use data for Facebook/etc.... But that's your choice.

6 of 6 (433 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments