Why no 2GB option for data?

Why no 2GB option for data?

200mb, as it turns out, is a little too small, so going to upgrade to 2GB.

For the iPhone, it was simple. The option was there, and I had the option of "rollback" from the beginning of the month, or effective immediately. I chose "effective immediately", since the iPhone line is still only at ~180mb/200mb (no overage).

For the HTC Inspire, there is no option. The only option is the 200mb:

Why is this? I know there is 2GB/4GB option, since those options were available to me when I first started the order process for this family plan. Must I call to get this change?

Message 1 of 3 (255 Views)
Professor

Re: Why no 2GB option for data?

Printerscape wrote:

200mb, as it turns out, is a little too small, so going to upgrade to 2GB.

For the iPhone, it was simple. The option was there, and I had the option of "rollback" from the beginning of the month, or effective immediately. I chose "effective immediately", since the iPhone line is still only at ~180mb/200mb (no overage).

For the HTC Inspire, there is no option. The only option is the 200mb:

Why is this? I know there is 2GB/4GB option, since those options were available to me when I first started the order process for this family plan. Must I call to get this change?

Was the Inspire recently added? I have the same issue with my wife's Inspire, except the only plan showing is the 2GB plan, which is the one she currently has. I believe this is due to the current system upgrades with OLAM, so you will have to call if you want to change. The issue with my wife's inspire is that the system doesn't even recognize that she is using an Inspire. For device, the system shows no description and no picture. When I go into my Microcell settings, it gives me a warning that she may be using a non 3G/4G device and it is not compatible with the Microcell, yet it connects fine.

Message 2 of 3 (235 Views)
Highlighted

Re: Why no 2GB option for data?

I called and spoke to the service adjustment person, and the rep told me that he too cannot change the data plan, and that something is wrong. He told me to call back later (this happened yesterday).

I called today,but went to technical support, who was able to change the data plan for me, and expressed concern that I wasn't able to do it online. He told me my phone is unidentified, and perhaps that's why. No idea why its not showing up as an Inspire...

Whatever problem solved by calling in. Both agents were super nice and was very professional and courteous. Kudos to AT&T, again.

I've yet to have any bad customer support from AT&T, I don't know why they have such a bad reputation.
Message 3 of 3 (209 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.