Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Sep 11, 2011
11:14:18 PM
View profile
Why it costs when I call number 888-XXX-XXXX.

I think 888-XXX-XXXX should be free call (toll-free) call.

Why it costs me when I make a call sometimes? but not always?

Anybody help me out?

I am using prepaid AT&T card.

ZQ

I think 888-XXX-XXXX should be free call (toll-free) call.

Why it costs me when I make a call sometimes? but not always?

Anybody help me out?

I am using prepaid AT&T card.

ZQ

Why it costs when I call number 888-XXX-XXXX.

1 reply
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(1)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 14, 2011 5:14:25 PM
(0)
ACE - Master
It would be nice if 800/888 numbers were free calls, I agree, but it's still a call using AT&T's network so they will charge you for the duration of the call.

I'm not sure what you mean by the system charges you sometimes when you make a call, and then other times, it does not. After each call, depending on your plan, you should receive a notification saying something like, "The last transaction cost $0.20 USD. Your balance is $X.XX." Sometimes the notification will show up - other times, it does not. Is this what you are confused about?

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

It would be nice if 800/888 numbers were free calls, I agree, but it's still a call using AT&T's network so they will charge you for the duration of the call.

I'm not sure what you mean by the system charges you sometimes when you make a call, and then other times, it does not. After each call, depending on your plan, you should receive a notification saying something like, "The last transaction cost $0.20 USD. Your balance is $X.XX." Sometimes the notification will show up - other times, it does not. Is this what you are confused about?

:cathappy: Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 :cathappy:

Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Why it costs when I call number 888-XXX-XXXX.

2 of 2 (909 Views)