Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Oct 4, 2011
1:42:16 PM
View profile
Why is my eligibility so late?

According to the ATT site and apple site my eligibility date is Nov 22, 2011 which is almost 20 months since i got my 4 on release day.  my father whom got his at the same time is eligible already and apparently has been for some time.  but yet i am not.  is there any chance att will allow us to upgrade at teh discounted price being i burchased on release date or are they going to try and gouge me for wanting to upgrade?

According to the ATT site and apple site my eligibility date is Nov 22, 2011 which is almost 20 months since i got my 4 on release day.  my father whom got his at the same time is eligible already and apparently has been for some time.  but yet i am not.  is there any chance att will allow us to upgrade at teh discounted price being i burchased on release date or are they going to try and gouge me for wanting to upgrade?

Why is my eligibility so late?

3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(3)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 5, 2011 9:39:38 AM
(0)
Former Community Manager

There are many factors that go into determining eligibiltiy dates and it sounds like your Dad's line falls into a different category than yours. 

The typical upgrade period is 24 months and with AT&T Upgrade Advantage that is dropped to 20 months. You are eligible to upgrade earlier than normal, just not as early as your Dad. 

--------------

As of May 1st, I am no longer serving as the Community Manager for AT&T. This account will no longer be able to accept private messages. If you have an account related issue, please send a private message to ATTCustomerCare.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

There are many factors that go into determining eligibiltiy dates and it sounds like your Dad's line falls into a different category than yours. 

The typical upgrade period is 24 months and with AT&T Upgrade Advantage that is dropped to 20 months. You are eligible to upgrade earlier than normal, just not as early as your Dad. 

--------------

As of May 1st, I am no longer serving as the Community Manager for AT&T. This account will no longer be able to accept private messages. If you have an account related issue, please send a private message to ATTCustomerCare.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: Why is my eligibility so late?

2 of 4 (359 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 5, 2011 12:13:24 PM
(0)
Guru

If your lines are on a family plan together, the primary line will generally be upgrade eligible before other lines because of the way plan revenue is apportioned among lines.

If your lines are on a family plan together, the primary line will generally be upgrade eligible before other lines because of the way plan revenue is apportioned among lines.

3 of 4 (341 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 5, 2011 12:22:39 PM
(0)
Scholar

cbigfoot wrote:

Is your dad's phone the primary line for the family plan? From what I've noticed, those on the primary line usually get to upgrade 2~3 months earlier vs those on the added lines.

cbigfoot wrote:

Is your dad's phone the primary line for the family plan? From what I've noticed, those on the primary line usually get to upgrade 2~3 months earlier vs those on the added lines.

4 of 4 (337 Views)