Why is AT&T all of a sudden charging me data for 3GS?

Contributor

Why is AT&T all of a sudden charging me data for 3GS?

I've had an iPhone 3GS since 2010. I bought it off my friend for cheap because she didn't need/want it anymore. I put my sim card in it and activated it and everything was good (of course I couldn't do anything without wifi minus make calls and text). The phone company just called saying since Dec. 8 last year, they notice I'm using an iPhone so they changed my data plan. Why did it take them that long to realize? I use wifi when and home and when I'm not at home I always had 3G off and just recently I turned cellular data on (in december actually. Is that why?) to receive an mms and forgot to turn it off. I don't really want to use any other data and I know it's required to use the phone which is why I'm confused it took them this long to notice. I just want to use my old phone. Is there a way to get rid of the data plan they're charging me for?

Not sure if I asked that the correct way.
Message 1 of 2 (1,019 Views)

Re: Why is AT&T all of a sudden charging me data for 3GS?

In order to avoid board clutter and confusion, we ask that you please refrain from cross and double posting.

Please check here for responses to your inquiry. Thank you.

Phil-101 • Community Moderator
Remember to always mark posts that resolved your issue with Accept as Solution.
You can even mark multiple posts in a single thread.
This will help other users find this information too!

Message 2 of 2 (1,011 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.