Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Jun 15, 2010
4:22:54 AM
View profile
Why can I not upgrade to iPhone 4?

Hi, when I go into my account to upgrade my current 3gs to an iPhone 4, it does not show the iPhone 4 as an upgrade price.

However, the other two phones in my plan allow it and they are not iPhones.

I thought everyone with an iPhone was "early upgrade" eligible?

Hi, when I go into my account to upgrade my current 3gs to an iPhone 4, it does not show the iPhone 4 as an upgrade price.

Why can I not upgrade to iPhone 4?

6 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(6)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 15, 2010 4:24:07 AM
(0)
Expert

lballew wrote:

early upgrade if your original date was prior to 12/31/2010

lballew wrote:

early upgrade if your original date was prior to 12/31/2010

Re: Why can I not upgrade to iPhone 4?

2 of 7 (1,918 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 17, 2010 10:51:13 AM
(0)
Contributor

Did you mean 12/31/2010?  December of this year?  If I bought 1 year ago, and have 2 year contract, can I upgrade now to iPhone 4?

Also, is there any risk of me losing my Unlimited data plan (I have heard that they are eliminating this as an option).

Did you mean 12/31/2010?  December of this year?  If I bought 1 year ago, and have 2 year contract, can I upgrade now to iPhone 4?

Also, is there any risk of me losing my Unlimited data plan (I have heard that they are eliminating this as an option).

3 of 7 (1,516 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 17, 2010 11:04:47 AM
(0)
Guru

People with iPhones who have upgrade dates through December 31 , 2010 are/were being allowed to upgrade now to the iPhone 4.  (I say "were" because no orders being taken now, so you would have to wait or get up really early on launch day to buy one.)  The unlimited data plan is yours to keep, if you wish.  You can change to one of the unlimited plans if that is your choice. 

All of those who have unlimited data plans for any smartphone can keep unlimited UNLESS they want to tether the phone; if you want to do that, then you must change to one of the new plans and it will cost you $20 more to tether.

People with iPhones who have upgrade dates through December 31 , 2010 are/were being allowed to upgrade now to the iPhone 4.  (I say "were" because no orders being taken now, so you would have to wait or get up really early on launch day to buy one.)  The unlimited data plan is yours to keep, if you wish.  You can change to one of the unlimited plans if that is your choice. 

All of those who have unlimited data plans for any smartphone can keep unlimited UNLESS they want to tether the phone; if you want to do that, then you must change to one of the new plans and it will cost you $20 more to tether.

4 of 7 (1,494 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 17, 2010 2:06:11 PM
(0)
Contributor

I think the UPgrade date is confusing.  If I started my contract 1 year ago, and have a 2 year contract, I believe my upgrade date is not until next year.  I had heard that AT&T was allowing early upgrades to iPhone 4.  Is that true?

I think the UPgrade date is confusing.  If I started my contract 1 year ago, and have a 2 year contract, I believe my upgrade date is not until next year.  I had heard that AT&T was allowing early upgrades to iPhone 4.  Is that true?

5 of 7 (1,392 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 17, 2010 2:08:35 PM
(0)
Professor
Edited by dwill05 on Jun 17, 2010 at 2:09:28 PM

It is true, but only if your upgrade date is by the end of the 2010.  You've stated that your upgrade date isn't until next year, so the early upgrade doesn't apply to you.

It is true, but only if your upgrade date is by the end of the 2010.  You've stated that your upgrade date isn't until next year, so the early upgrade doesn't apply to you.

[ Edited ]
6 of 7 (1,381 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 17, 2010 2:10:40 PM
(0)
Expert

paulhinz wrote:

It appears to depend on numerous items. if your upgrade date is before 12/31/2010 and you had a iphone there was a good chance it would be moved closer. What does it sayon your account, if the upgrade date is in 2011, it will not be moved forward although you may qualify for the 399/499 pprice

paulhinz wrote:

It appears to depend on numerous items. if your upgrade date is before 12/31/2010 and you had a iphone there was a good chance it would be moved closer. What does it sayon your account, if the upgrade date is in 2011, it will not be moved forward although you may qualify for the 399/499 pprice

7 of 7 (1,372 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments