Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Jun 25, 2012
12:30:28 PM
View profile
Why are the quick message phones worse than 2 years ago?

Why are the quick message phones avalible now worse than the phones from 2 years ago? I am looking to upgrade my old LG Vu with a newer phone like it, but it feels like I am down grading. The phones out now are uglier, and have less features. 

Required data plans? That is dumb. I live in a big city and have wifi everywhere I go (go kindle fire!)  Why can't I get a decent phone that doesn't require data? Has at&t really become that greedy in the past 2 years?

I feel like I'm taking crazy pills here! What have you done at&t? Nothing! you've done nothing!

Why are the quick message phones avalible now worse than the phones from 2 years ago? I am looking to upgrade my old LG Vu with a newer phone like it, but it feels like I am down grading. The phones out now are uglier, and have less features. 

Required data plans? That is dumb. I live in a big city and have wifi everywhere I go (go kindle fire!)  Why can't I get a decent phone that doesn't require data? Has at&t really become that greedy in the past 2 years?

I feel like I'm taking crazy pills here! What have you done at&t? Nothing! you've done nothing!

Why are the quick message phones worse than 2 years ago?

1 reply
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(1)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 27, 2012 8:54:10 AM
(0)
Former Community Manager

I'm sorry you're disappointed with the available quick messaging phones.

Data plans are required for all smart phones. Quick messaging phones are not smartphones and while we offer data plans for quick messaging phones, they do not required.

--------------

As of May 1st, I am no longer serving as the Community Manager for AT&T. This account will no longer be able to accept private messages. If you have an account related issue, please send a private message to ATTCustomerCare.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

I'm sorry you're disappointed with the available quick messaging phones.

Data plans are required for all smart phones. Quick messaging phones are not smartphones and while we offer data plans for quick messaging phones, they do not required.

--------------

As of May 1st, I am no longer serving as the Community Manager for AT&T. This account will no longer be able to accept private messages. If you have an account related issue, please send a private message to ATTCustomerCare.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: Why are the quick message phones worse than 2 years ago?

2 of 2 (946 Views)