Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Apr 15, 2012
7:21:15 AM
Why Kies not Supported after Update

Why does it say in Kies for my I-727 Skyrocket after the Update to 2.3.6 few weeks ago, Your Device is Not Supported for Software Updates???

Are others seeing this also???? So how are we to download Updates Now thru Kies???

Why does it say in Kies for my I-727 Skyrocket after the Update to 2.3.6 few weeks ago, Your Device is Not Supported for Software Updates???

Are others seeing this also???? So how are we to download Updates Now thru Kies???

Why Kies not Supported after Update

5 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(5)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 15, 2012 12:51:46 PM
(0)
Employee
Call Samsung as att doesnt have support information for kies
Call Samsung as att doesnt have support information for kies
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: Why Kies not Supported after Update

2 of 6 (675 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 16, 2012 8:44:37 AM
(0)
Scholar

Would because my Skyrocket was rooted when I installed the 2.3.6 Update, have anything to do with it not being supported in Kies Now??  Anyone else having this problem after the update?????

Would because my Skyrocket was rooted when I installed the 2.3.6 Update, have anything to do with it not being supported in Kies Now??  Anyone else having this problem after the update?????

3 of 6 (636 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 23, 2012 7:26:55 AM
(0)
Scholar

Is anyone else having this problem with Skyrocket after OTA Update??

Is anyone else having this problem with Skyrocket after OTA Update??

4 of 6 (539 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 23, 2012 8:47:18 AM
(0)
Teacher

at&t broke this in the update to force you to use "over the air updating" 

go to settings/ scroll down to software update -that is where you will update your phone from now on, im sorry for the inconvience but at&t doesn't play well with samsung

at&t broke this in the update to force you to use "over the air updating" 

go to settings/ scroll down to software update -that is where you will update your phone from now on, im sorry for the inconvience but at&t doesn't play well with samsung

5 of 6 (529 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 23, 2012 10:01:44 AM
(0)
Scholar

Yes but you will not get the Ice Cream update OTA when it comes out.  It is Too Big for this. So it will have to come thru Kies.

Yes but you will not get the Ice Cream update OTA when it comes out.  It is Too Big for this. So it will have to come thru Kies.

6 of 6 (515 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments