Why Does it Take AT&T almost a year to get a new HTC Phone, but 3 weeks for Iphony,

Why Does it Take AT&T almost a year to get a new HTC Phone, but 3 weeks for Iphony,

[ Edited ]

That's It, I'm Done , I'm riding out My Contract and I'm Gone. SWBWireless since 1995 , was happy till ATT Merger, it's been crappy and non caring ever since , I've been Strongly thinking of Leaving, but I don't care very much for the other Carriers , I want my Cingular Back , anyway I don't like Sprint , but I borrowed my friends Evo the other day for a few hours, and Wow !!!! But When I heard about the new Iphony I was like oh brother, but when I found out yesterday that it will be available to buy 3 weeks after it was announced I lost it. I remember when HTC first released it's TP2 Info, I was in Love, I loved my TILT 1 and the Fuze was garbage, and I couldn't wait to get the TP2 , but wait I had too, it seemed like a year and a half, and even six months after everybody else had it before I could get mine, I was very upset about that, but At&t continues to go down the Drain and with this latest move I just wanna go somewhere where the customers actually matter, I hope sprint has changed their ways, that Evo is very tempting, put a keyboard on it and I'm sold !SWB/Cingular I miss You, I always will you treated me so good. ATT I hope you choke and Go bankrupt !

Message 1 of 20 (2,283 Views)
Voyager

Re: Why Does it Take AT&T almost a year to get a new HTC Phone, but 3 weeks for Iphon

My contract expired this week. Smiley Tongue I was so hoping to see a new Andriod phone announced from them but got nothing. Then I got to thinking. With all the hype,prep and drama over the new Iphone, there is no way in Gods green earth they would announce a new Andriod phone this month or or possibly even next month. The only reply you get from AT&T on a new andriod phone is "soon" and they smile and wink and pray you'll take the bait and keep on waiting. Well I think I'm gonna plunk down a deposit on a new Evo with Sprint and make the switch later in the month. FYI, if you buy from Radio Shack, they give you INSTANT REBATES not mail in rebates.

Message 2 of 20 (2,262 Views)

Re: Why Does it Take AT&T almost a year to get a new HTC Phone, but 3 weeks for Iphon

Thanks very Much I'll check into that.

Message 3 of 20 (2,214 Views)
Teacher

Re: Why Does it Take AT&T almost a year to get a new HTC Phone, but 3 weeks for Iphony,

[ Edited ]

bwnotredame06 wrote:

I want my Cingular Back ... SWB/Cingular I miss You, I always will you treated me so good. ATT I hope you choke and Go bankrupt !

I totally agree!!!  Cingular had better service and better customer care!!!

Message 4 of 20 (2,192 Views)
Teacher

Re: Why Does it Take AT&T almost a year to get a new HTC Phone, but 3 weeks for Iphony,

FYI, For anyone interested in ditching at&t, rumor is that T-Mobile will be running a crazy deal on June 19. Every phone will be free! (On a family plan)

See http://phandroid.com/2010/06/09/t-mobile-making-all-phones-free-june-19th/ for more info.

I know I am seriously thinking about convincing my family to make the move. I've always been worried about the coverage but seriously, I don't know if anyone could be worse than at&t... oh, and t-mobile actually cares (about android and the company as a whole).

Message 5 of 20 (2,134 Views)
Voyager

I bought a EVO and switched to Sprint today. Smiley Very Happy So long AT&T

Message 6 of 20 (2,065 Views)

I am so thinking hard about it.

Message 7 of 20 (2,009 Views)

Before any of you jump to another carrier, make sure the new one has coverage!!!  I can't stress this enough since people seem to leave for a particular device, only to have a very nice-looking device that is in paperweight mode most of the time.  Also consider the type of technology if you travel overseas.  GSM is pretty much the standard so going to a CDMA device may not necessarily be a good move.  I have both T-Mo (personal) and AT&T (business) and have excellent coverage for my needs.

Good luck!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Samsung Galaxy Note 3
Prev. devices: SGS, Note 2, SGS3, Galaxy Nexus, T-Mobile, G2x, iPhone4, HTC HD2, HTC Fuze, HTC StarTrek, BB Bold
Message 8 of 20 (1,985 Views)
Professor

No, no no nononooooo. puhleeeeeze dont say the "C" word (Cingular)... i was with ATT before the Cingular acquisition and  back then, AT&T was really great.

I left due to rotten Cingular services and support, i mean R O T T E N.

I came back a few years ago when it was once again AT&T but, this time, i swear the ATTname is just a cover over for CT&T. 

Message 9 of 20 (1,831 Views)
JSY
Scholar

I was with ATT before it became Cingular too and my recollection for me was that the customer service improved dramatically and Cingular became the provider who was getting the cooler phones quicker.  When ATT took over Cingular, the innovation and release of new phones slowed down dramatically outside of the iPhone. 

Message 10 of 20 (1,755 Views)
Tutor

@basshole

Same here, ordered the Evo this past Sunday, got it on Tuesday, and activated on Wednesday (took an extra day for them to port my AT&T number over to Sprint).  I thoroughly checked Sprints coverage in my area before switching (their coverage maps and I have a few friends with Sprint).  Coverage is either equal to or better than AT&T around here, and the Evo is freaking incredible Smiley Very Happy  So glad I made the switch.  That and my monthly bill is ~$30/month cheaper.

Anyway, thought I'd check these forums again to see if AT&T had any leaked info on a good Android phone - nope! lol

Message 11 of 20 (1,413 Views)

I've been playing with my friends Evo it's Awesome, I just don't know about Sprint !

Message 12 of 20 (1,363 Views)
Tutor

CDMA is actually a BETTER Technology, and has way less problems with dropped calls. The only REAL Reason to stay GSM is if your traveling internationally ALOT, and have a world phone, in which case you wont get any CDMA Reception becasue the rest of the world only has GSM. (though you can get world phones from the CDMA Carriers which have GSM Sim Slots)

Message 13 of 20 (1,299 Views)
Professor

warri wrote:

CDMA is actually a BETTER Technology, and has way less problems with dropped calls. The only REAL Reason to stay GSM is if your traveling internationally ALOT, and have a world phone, in which case you wont get any CDMA Reception becasue the rest of the world only has GSM. (though you can get world phones from the CDMA Carriers which have GSM Sim Slots)

Some people also like the ability to have the data connection and phone active at the same time, which CDMA does not do.  I personally have had a GSM smartphone for over 3 years, and have used that feature zero times.  But the lack of CDMA support internationally makes Verizon a no-go for me.

Message 14 of 20 (1,289 Views)
Professor

redpoint73 wrote:

warri wrote:

Some people also like the ability to have the data connection and phone active at the same time, which CDMA does not do.  I personally have had a GSM smartphone for over 3 years, and have used that feature zero times.  But the lack of CDMA support internationally makes Verizon a no-go for me.

For someone who uses data, like myself, that is a biggie. I also like the ability to switch phones on the fly. When I go on a fishing trip, I will switch to an older backup phone, just incase I accidentally drop it in the water.

Message 15 of 20 (1,270 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.