Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Oct 17, 2011
1:36:15 PM
Whoever Got Screwed By The 4S Preorder, Needs to read this.

How is it possible to let ATT get away with this. We all got screwed in the pre order process. The whole point of the preordering was to ensure we get a unit. The worst part is that we CAN'T cancel the order to get one that they have in stock in the stores or from Apple directly. ATT wanted publicity for selling 200,000 preorder in the first 12 hours, yeah well we are paying for it now. I ordered on the 7th at 10 am, and I still have nothing, no phone, no answers!

We need to report this scam of bait and switch to the Better Business Bureau. Here is the link:

https://www.bbb.org/file-a-complaint/

How is it possible to let ATT get away with this. We all got screwed in the pre order process. The whole point of the preordering was to ensure we get a unit. The worst part is that we CAN'T cancel the order to get one that they have in stock in the stores or from Apple directly. ATT wanted publicity for selling 200,000 preorder in the first 12 hours, yeah well we are paying for it now. I ordered on the 7th at 10 am, and I still have nothing, no phone, no answers!

We need to report this scam of bait and switch to the Better Business Bureau. Here is the link:

https://www.bbb.org/file-a-complaint/

Whoever Got Screwed By The 4S Preorder, Needs to read this.

49 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(49)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 17, 2011 1:36:51 PM
(0)
Tutor
Edited by pamelaz on Oct 17, 2011 at 1:45:03 PM

[Keep It Spam Free]

if you got hosed.  I reserved my iPhone4s from @ATT & received NOTHING.  @ATTCustomerCare can't do ANYTHING.  

[Keep It Spam Free]

if you got hosed.  I reserved my iPhone4s from @ATT & received NOTHING.  @ATTCustomerCare can't do ANYTHING.  

Re: Whoever Got Screwed By The 4S Preorder, Needs to read this.

[ Edited ]
2 of 50 (1,895 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 17, 2011 1:47:49 PM
(0)
Tutor

We can't just sit back and let ATT be in the driver's seat. We are the paying customers, they need to help us out. If all of us who didn't get our phones, and can't cancel complain enough to the BBB, ATT will get some heat for this fiasco. Plus all the complaints are public so ATT NEEDS TO FIX THIS..................

We can't just sit back and let ATT be in the driver's seat. We are the paying customers, they need to help us out. If all of us who didn't get our phones, and can't cancel complain enough to the BBB, ATT will get some heat for this fiasco. Plus all the complaints are public so ATT NEEDS TO FIX THIS..................

3 of 50 (1,859 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 17, 2011 2:50:52 PM
(0)
Teacher

You also need to notify your State's Attorney General office - they will do more than the BBB.

The consumer complaints division of your State.

You also need to notify your State's Attorney General office - they will do more than the BBB.

The consumer complaints division of your State.

4 of 50 (1,785 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 17, 2011 3:06:15 PM
(0)
Teacher

Odds are ATT wont "pay" and odds are anyone involved in the decision making for this whole preorder process is untouchable. This is still a great way to get the word out (although im sure most already know att = scum). This is a far better method than yelling at csr's that cant do anything about it and have no information to work with.

make sure to hit up your local papers and tech sites cnet, engadget, gizmodo, etc....

Odds are ATT wont "pay" and odds are anyone involved in the decision making for this whole preorder process is untouchable. This is still a great way to get the word out (although im sure most already know att = scum). This is a far better method than yelling at csr's that cant do anything about it and have no information to work with.

make sure to hit up your local papers and tech sites cnet, engadget, gizmodo, etc....

5 of 50 (1,744 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 17, 2011 3:30:25 PM
(0)
Mentor

I second contacting the state or county consumer protection divisions.  They take these complaints very seriously, however trivial. 

I also suggest writing a hard copy letter to Att notifying them of your complaint to the state Attorney General, etc. 

For many such as myself, this is beyond a desire to get a phone.  I can care less if I get an iPhone this week or next month.  I am not going to let a telecom company invent and dictate the terms of a purchase on the fly.  The phone is backordered longer than told at the point of purchase - fair enough. But if I decide to opt out at that point, it is my right. 

I second contacting the state or county consumer protection divisions.  They take these complaints very seriously, however trivial. 

I also suggest writing a hard copy letter to Att notifying them of your complaint to the state Attorney General, etc. 

For many such as myself, this is beyond a desire to get a phone.  I can care less if I get an iPhone this week or next month.  I am not going to let a telecom company invent and dictate the terms of a purchase on the fly.  The phone is backordered longer than told at the point of purchase - fair enough. But if I decide to opt out at that point, it is my right. 

6 of 50 (1,697 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 17, 2011 3:45:57 PM
(0)
Teacher

I agree that it was bad of At&t to delay the pre orders so much, but i'd say that's taking it a bit too far...

I agree that it was bad of At&t to delay the pre orders so much, but i'd say that's taking it a bit too far...

7 of 50 (1,670 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 17, 2011 3:50:57 PM
(0)
Tutor

it's not too far, the delay is not the problem for me either, but the fact that you CAN'T cancel an order that you don't have or hasn't even shipped to you yet is ridiculous. Also, if you already committed and paid for a phone, you should be able to get one from the store if it's available when you get to the counter. This is bas business.

it's not too far, the delay is not the problem for me either, but the fact that you CAN'T cancel an order that you don't have or hasn't even shipped to you yet is ridiculous. Also, if you already committed and paid for a phone, you should be able to get one from the store if it's available when you get to the counter. This is bas business.

8 of 50 (1,649 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 18, 2011 7:20:58 AM
(0)
Contributor
The biggest issue I have with this whole mess is that when you preorder an item. you should receive it before everyone else. If I would have known that Apple had stock at teh stores for walk -in's I would have done that. On APPPLE's site they show the phone shipping in 1- 2 weeks. Thru ATT- They just show backordered.

Glenn N
The biggest issue I have with this whole mess is that when you preorder an item. you should receive it before everyone else. If I would have known that Apple had stock at teh stores for walk -in's I would have done that. On APPPLE's site they show the phone shipping in 1- 2 weeks. Thru ATT- They just show backordered.

Glenn N

9 of 50 (1,522 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 18, 2011 7:26:35 AM
(0)
Master

I know it is too late now but this has been the same situation each year wih every iPhone launch as each one has gotten bigger.  Apple will allways get stock first and has great communication about order status.  Unless you have an account type that requires you to go through ATT, I always go to Apple.  I have owned three different iPhones between by wife and I.   I have preordered once from Apple (4) and had it arive one day early and walked into their stores on two different launches (3G and 4S) in the middle of the afternoon and walked out with an iPhone in hand.

I thought I saw someone indicate that ATT was not making it possible to cancel your pre-orders?

For service or support questions including existing order status, call:
Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500

Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser:
https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/

I know it is too late now but this has been the same situation each year wih every iPhone launch as each one has gotten bigger.  Apple will allways get stock first and has great communication about order status.  Unless you have an account type that requires you to go through ATT, I always go to Apple.  I have owned three different iPhones between by wife and I.   I have preordered once from Apple (4) and had it arive one day early and walked into their stores on two different launches (3G and 4S) in the middle of the afternoon and walked out with an iPhone in hand.

I thought I saw someone indicate that ATT was not making it possible to cancel your pre-orders?

For service or support questions including existing order status, call:
Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500

Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser:
https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/
Posted from my iPhone _____________________________ For service or support questions including existing order status, call: Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500 Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser: https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/

10 of 50 (1,506 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 18, 2011 8:53:26 AM
(0)
Guru

shotgnz wrote:
The biggest issue I have with this whole mess is that when you preorder an item. you should receive it before everyone else. 

Perhaps, but there's no absolute rule stating that someone who preorders an item must receive it BEFORE everyone else (I assume by "everyone else" you are referring to walk-ins)--e.g., I could preorder the latest Pirates of the Caribbean movie from Amazon, but there is a possibility that my order may arrive on my doorstep the same day that it is first made available for purchase at B&M stores...or possibly even later than that if I had preordered just days before release date and I requested free 5-7 day shipping.  Should I be complaining about how/why my preorder hadn't shown up yet, while someone could simply walk into Best Buy and pick up a copy on release day?

Quite frankly, "preorder" first and foremost means that you're placing an order for a product prior to its release date--it doesn't offer any guarantees that you'll receive it before someone who chooses to purchase an order in-store on release day--that's why it's called "preorder", not "prereceive".  Most stores/vendors don't even offer such a guarantee when it comes to preorders--hence the disclaimer "subject to availability".  Would it be nice to know and/or hope that if you preordered something prior to release day, it would show up at your door on release day--sure...but to expect that it should show up on release day no matter what, simply because you ordered ahead of time?  Well there are worse things that could happen in your life besides not getting your iPhone on release day...

shotgnz wrote:
The biggest issue I have with this whole mess is that when you preorder an item. you should receive it before everyone else. 

Perhaps, but there's no absolute rule stating that someone who preorders an item must receive it BEFORE everyone else (I assume by "everyone else" you are referring to walk-ins)--e.g., I could preorder the latest Pirates of the Caribbean movie from Amazon, but there is a possibility that my order may arrive on my doorstep the same day that it is first made available for purchase at B&M stores...or possibly even later than that if I had preordered just days before release date and I requested free 5-7 day shipping.  Should I be complaining about how/why my preorder hadn't shown up yet, while someone could simply walk into Best Buy and pick up a copy on release day?

Quite frankly, "preorder" first and foremost means that you're placing an order for a product prior to its release date--it doesn't offer any guarantees that you'll receive it before someone who chooses to purchase an order in-store on release day--that's why it's called "preorder", not "prereceive".  Most stores/vendors don't even offer such a guarantee when it comes to preorders--hence the disclaimer "subject to availability".  Would it be nice to know and/or hope that if you preordered something prior to release day, it would show up at your door on release day--sure...but to expect that it should show up on release day no matter what, simply because you ordered ahead of time?  Well there are worse things that could happen in your life besides not getting your iPhone on release day...

11 of 50 (895 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 18, 2011 9:02:33 AM
(0)
Contributor

I will NEVER get screwed like this again by AT&T. 

Ordered 2, 32GB white iPhonee4S's before 8AM on 10/7. Wan't notified of "TOS" for 2-days. Phones are now on back order with no release date in sight. AT&T will not cancel order, return funds or deliver phones! Local store is selling the phones I PRE-ORDERED!?!?

I will NEVER get screwed like this again by AT&T. 

Ordered 2, 32GB white iPhonee4S's before 8AM on 10/7. Wan't notified of "TOS" for 2-days. Phones are now on back order with no release date in sight. AT&T will not cancel order, return funds or deliver phones! Local store is selling the phones I PRE-ORDERED!?!?

12 of 50 (885 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 18, 2011 9:04:56 AM
(0)
Scholar
no ones really complaining about not getting it day 1. but if you are that is stupid esp. if ur not one of the people who ordered on the 7th and really early. what people are mad about in my opinion and also myself is that ATT cannot tell us when we will . recieve phones. it was 7-14 days then 14-21 --- 21-28 --- 21-30. So which one is it? If ATT told people the exact time people would atleast no when to expect it and not have to always be checking there status to see backordered. that is frustrating people
no ones really complaining about not getting it day 1. but if you are that is stupid esp. if ur not one of the people who ordered on the 7th and really early. what people are mad about in my opinion and also myself is that ATT cannot tell us when we will . recieve phones. it was 7-14 days then 14-21 --- 21-28 --- 21-30. So which one is it? If ATT told people the exact time people would atleast no when to expect it and not have to always be checking there status to see backordered. that is frustrating people

13 of 50 (880 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 18, 2011 10:03:21 AM
(0)
Scholar

AndreCastro wrote:

Honestly, most of them ARE complaining about not getting it on day one, or at the least started out with that complaint. The general expectation I'm seeing is that "I preordered, so I should get my phone before ANYONE is able to walk into a store to get one." That's unrealistic, for a variety of reasons.

Preorder does NOT mean pre-receive. It means that you get to order before the product becomes available from a SEPARATE pool of inventory. Yes, AT&T dropped the ball by allocating too much stock to stores and not enough to the preorder pool, but it did so based on the last launch, where people jammed the stores and few people, by comparison, preordered. It allocated inventory to the stores based on a realistic presumption that people would do the same thing again. They didn't. This time around, they flooded pre-order instead. Yes, they could have done a better job, but predicting the future is a tricky business.

And I have to disagree. AT&T could hypothetically tell these folks down the second when they will be receiving their phones and they would STILL be obsessively checking order status and shipping status right up until the things arrived, because they have lost any reasonable perspective on this. It's a phone. It's just a phone, nothing more.

AndreCastro wrote:

Honestly, most of them ARE complaining about not getting it on day one, or at the least started out with that complaint. The general expectation I'm seeing is that "I preordered, so I should get my phone before ANYONE is able to walk into a store to get one." That's unrealistic, for a variety of reasons.

Preorder does NOT mean pre-receive. It means that you get to order before the product becomes available from a SEPARATE pool of inventory. Yes, AT&T dropped the ball by allocating too much stock to stores and not enough to the preorder pool, but it did so based on the last launch, where people jammed the stores and few people, by comparison, preordered. It allocated inventory to the stores based on a realistic presumption that people would do the same thing again. They didn't. This time around, they flooded pre-order instead. Yes, they could have done a better job, but predicting the future is a tricky business.

And I have to disagree. AT&T could hypothetically tell these folks down the second when they will be receiving their phones and they would STILL be obsessively checking order status and shipping status right up until the things arrived, because they have lost any reasonable perspective on this. It's a phone. It's just a phone, nothing more.

14 of 50 (816 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 18, 2011 10:18:24 AM
(0)
Contributor

Hi,

I have to disagree with the above statement.  I work in the purchasing area of a retail store.  When ever we have a preorder, those sales are allocated first.  ATT had one week before to atleast judge the figures or predict what the alotment they should have sent out.  A fellow co-worker ordered his on teh 7th thru Verizon, he received notice it was shipped on WEDs and it was in his hand Saturday the 14th..   Pre-order by definition is- you have reserved your copy.

I plan on seeing what my ATT store can do for me.  I have been hearing that ATT is giving credit for the Mishaps.   Next time, I plan on just getting the phone from APPLE. and pre order it thru them.  They atleast are showing expected shipping between 1- 2 weeks.  My status still shows backorder from 10/7 at 8 cst time for two phones.

Shotgnz

Hi,

I have to disagree with the above statement.  I work in the purchasing area of a retail store.  When ever we have a preorder, those sales are allocated first.  ATT had one week before to atleast judge the figures or predict what the alotment they should have sent out.  A fellow co-worker ordered his on teh 7th thru Verizon, he received notice it was shipped on WEDs and it was in his hand Saturday the 14th..   Pre-order by definition is- you have reserved your copy.

I plan on seeing what my ATT store can do for me.  I have been hearing that ATT is giving credit for the Mishaps.   Next time, I plan on just getting the phone from APPLE. and pre order it thru them.  They atleast are showing expected shipping between 1- 2 weeks.  My status still shows backorder from 10/7 at 8 cst time for two phones.

Shotgnz

15 of 50 (797 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 18, 2011 10:22:39 AM
(0)
Scholar

shotgnz wrote:

Hi,

Shotgnz

Pre-order doesn't mean that with AT&T, sorry. It's an entirely separate fulfillment pipeline.

shotgnz wrote:

Hi,

Shotgnz

Pre-order doesn't mean that with AT&T, sorry. It's an entirely separate fulfillment pipeline.

16 of 50 (784 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 18, 2011 10:31:31 AM
(0)
Mentor
Edited by Jeremy Winston on Oct 18, 2011 at 10:32:12 AM

dww0311 wrote:

shotgnz wrote:

Hi,

Shotgnz

That's OK.  'Payment' doesn't mean I actually give them money with me.  it's an entirely different financial system. (If we're all allowed to make up new meanings for commonly used words.. why not?)

dww0311 wrote:

shotgnz wrote:

Hi,

Shotgnz

That's OK.  'Payment' doesn't mean I actually give them money with me.  it's an entirely different financial system. (If we're all allowed to make up new meanings for commonly used words.. why not?)

[ Edited ]
17 of 50 (762 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 18, 2011 10:36:31 AM
(0)
Teacher
Well my friend works on at&t, they are told to just tell whatever, and they said after all when they have their isseu resolved they will shut up.
Well my friend works on at&t, they are told to just tell whatever, and they said after all when they have their isseu resolved they will shut up.

18 of 50 (749 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 18, 2011 10:42:29 AM
(0)
Scholar

Jeremy Winston wrote:

dww0311 wrote:

shotgnz wrote:

Hi,

Shotgnz

Look, folks simply went into this asusming that it meant what they thought it meant. I agree that AT&T could have been less opaque about it, but it's not as if this didn't happen the last time with the 4 launch, it wasn't extensively written about and that information isn't available online either.

Preorder with AT&T means that you are choosing a different fulfillment pipeline, with entirely an entirely separate stock pool, and you are competing with all the other folks that want to pre-order from that pool. It's no different than going to a store and standing in line, only to find that the store sold out, and then demanding that AT&T ship you a phone from a warehouse (immediately!!) because you had to be inconvenienced by standing in line. It just doesn't work that way, and the fact that it doesn't work that way with AT&T isn't exactly hard to find out about.

Best advice with future pre-ordering: if you haven't gotten your AT&T pre-order successfully entered and confirmed in the first 3 or 4 hours of pre-order, give up. Walk away. Pre-order from Apple or just wait in line at a store (Apple or AT&T).

Jeremy Winston wrote:

dww0311 wrote:

shotgnz wrote:

Hi,

Shotgnz

Look, folks simply went into this asusming that it meant what they thought it meant. I agree that AT&T could have been less opaque about it, but it's not as if this didn't happen the last time with the 4 launch, it wasn't extensively written about and that information isn't available online either.

Preorder with AT&T means that you are choosing a different fulfillment pipeline, with entirely an entirely separate stock pool, and you are competing with all the other folks that want to pre-order from that pool. It's no different than going to a store and standing in line, only to find that the store sold out, and then demanding that AT&T ship you a phone from a warehouse (immediately!!) because you had to be inconvenienced by standing in line. It just doesn't work that way, and the fact that it doesn't work that way with AT&T isn't exactly hard to find out about.

Best advice with future pre-ordering: if you haven't gotten your AT&T pre-order successfully entered and confirmed in the first 3 or 4 hours of pre-order, give up. Walk away. Pre-order from Apple or just wait in line at a store (Apple or AT&T).

19 of 50 (739 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 18, 2011 10:58:54 AM
(0)
Teacher

^^^ truth

But how would anyone know that ATT was not going to allow us to cancel orders? I would be fine admitting preordering from att was a bad idea and going a different route but its not possible to even cancel my preorder that wont be filled for 20 more days....

^^^ truth

But how would anyone know that ATT was not going to allow us to cancel orders? I would be fine admitting preordering from att was a bad idea and going a different route but its not possible to even cancel my preorder that wont be filled for 20 more days....

20 of 50 (716 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 18, 2011 11:01:35 AM
(0)
Scholar

HigginsRandalR wrote:

^^^ truth

Call in, get it escalated to a manager, don't take no for an answer and you'll eventually be able to get the order canceled. It isn't the simplest thing in the world, and I agree that it could be easier, but it can be done.

HigginsRandalR wrote:

^^^ truth

Call in, get it escalated to a manager, don't take no for an answer and you'll eventually be able to get the order canceled. It isn't the simplest thing in the world, and I agree that it could be easier, but it can be done.

21 of 50 (821 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 18, 2011 11:08:21 AM
(0)
Mentor

With all due respect, I don't really care how it worked before.

Yes, I could have spent time looking up what happened the last time, but why should I?

No other industry that I'm aware of uses this method of 'multiple fulfillment pipeline.'  When I go to a company and preorder a product, told that "first come first serve," I have no reason to assume that it's "first come first serve for this pool of 5 units that refreshes every two weeks."  It's "first come first serve" period.

I don't know how it's going to play out, but as far as I'm concerned, stores should not receive another single solitary unit until every single preorder is fulfilled.

ButI'd be willing to ignore all of that if I were permitted to cancel the preorder once they merchant shows it's unable to supply the order.  How can they hold me to an order they can't fulfil?  In fact, how can they hold me to an order that they CAN fulfil but simply refuse to?

With all due respect, I don't really care how it worked before.

Yes, I could have spent time looking up what happened the last time, but why should I?

No other industry that I'm aware of uses this method of 'multiple fulfillment pipeline.'  When I go to a company and preorder a product, told that "first come first serve," I have no reason to assume that it's "first come first serve for this pool of 5 units that refreshes every two weeks."  It's "first come first serve" period.

I don't know how it's going to play out, but as far as I'm concerned, stores should not receive another single solitary unit until every single preorder is fulfilled.

ButI'd be willing to ignore all of that if I were permitted to cancel the preorder once they merchant shows it's unable to supply the order.  How can they hold me to an order they can't fulfil?  In fact, how can they hold me to an order that they CAN fulfil but simply refuse to?

22 of 50 (810 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 18, 2011 11:23:28 AM
(0)
Mentor

Thank you for the BBB info, my problem isnt the fact i have to wait, but i have to watch others walking into the store and purchase a phone that i as a paying customer was told is sold out. On top of that i am being charged for a data plan and extra line on a phone that i do not have, and have been told that i HAVE to pay for it.

I would have no problem if everyone had to wait for a "sold out" phone but that is not the case. People walk  right in front of me and buy, what i have already bought, but they arent told its sold out.

Thank you for the BBB info, my problem isnt the fact i have to wait, but i have to watch others walking into the store and purchase a phone that i as a paying customer was told is sold out. On top of that i am being charged for a data plan and extra line on a phone that i do not have, and have been told that i HAVE to pay for it.

I would have no problem if everyone had to wait for a "sold out" phone but that is not the case. People walk  right in front of me and buy, what i have already bought, but they arent told its sold out.

23 of 50 (781 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 18, 2011 11:26:49 AM
(0)
Scholar
Well, AT&T does, sorry.

And that would probably be fair, but it isn't going to happen.

See previous comment. The orders CAN be canceled. It just isn't the easiest thing in the world, but it CAN be done.

Well, AT&T does, sorry.

See previous comment. The orders CAN be canceled. It just isn't the easiest thing in the world, but it CAN be done.

24 of 50 (774 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 18, 2011 11:45:47 AM
(0)
Mentor

I'm curious why one would consider acceptable a "fulfillment pipeline" that willingly misleads buyers on the order in which product is delivered, and a cancellation policy that requires hours on the phone coupled with threats to move your patronage in order to get results.

For some, an "it is what is" outlook is acceptable.  But others are justified in escalating the issue into a formal consumer complaint.  Telecom is a regulated industry after all, as is commerce in my state.  I expect AT&T to follow these rules, be predictable and treat their customers with respect. 

I'm curious why one would consider acceptable a "fulfillment pipeline" that willingly misleads buyers on the order in which product is delivered, and a cancellation policy that requires hours on the phone coupled with threats to move your patronage in order to get results.

For some, an "it is what is" outlook is acceptable.  But others are justified in escalating the issue into a formal consumer complaint.  Telecom is a regulated industry after all, as is commerce in my state.  I expect AT&T to follow these rules, be predictable and treat their customers with respect. 

25 of 50 (748 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 18, 2011 11:52:40 AM
(0)
Mentor

dww0311 wrote:
Well, AT&T does, sorry.

Oh!  Of course.  How silly of me.

Thanks for clarifying those points.

I feel so much better.

dww0311 wrote:
Well, AT&T does, sorry.

Oh!  Of course.  How silly of me.

Thanks for clarifying those points.

I feel so much better.

26 of 50 (733 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 18, 2011 11:54:24 AM
(0)
Mentor

Well, AT&T does, sorry.

That sums up the official AT&T response nicely. 

Thankfully the carrier pool for iPhones is expanding and exclusivity is becoming a non-factor.  More importantly, reputations linger and cost telecom companies measurable income and growth.  If you don't believe me, ask yourself why we're not posting on an SBC forum. 

Regardless, the message is clear.  Apple makes the phones, order direct from them. 

AT&T, Verizon, Sprint etc provide the network.  Chose one based on reputation, especially next Fall when you're considering an iPhone 5. 

Well, AT&T does, sorry.

That sums up the official AT&T response nicely. 

Thankfully the carrier pool for iPhones is expanding and exclusivity is becoming a non-factor.  More importantly, reputations linger and cost telecom companies measurable income and growth.  If you don't believe me, ask yourself why we're not posting on an SBC forum. 

Regardless, the message is clear.  Apple makes the phones, order direct from them. 

AT&T, Verizon, Sprint etc provide the network.  Chose one based on reputation, especially next Fall when you're considering an iPhone 5. 

27 of 50 (727 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 18, 2011 11:55:59 AM
(0)
Scholar

Couldn't those of you interested in cancelling an order just get a hold of your bank or credit card company and block the funds?  Wouldn't that basically cancel the order in the long run since ATT wouldn't get the payment?

Couldn't those of you interested in cancelling an order just get a hold of your bank or credit card company and block the funds?  Wouldn't that basically cancel the order in the long run since ATT wouldn't get the payment?

28 of 50 (721 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 18, 2011 12:06:11 PM
(0)
Teacher
In order to block funds on a credit card you need to dispute the charge as fraudulent. Since we signed contracts agreeing to pay the charges AT&T could simply show the signed receipts to our credit card company and we would still be responsible for it. Unfortunately.
In order to block funds on a credit card you need to dispute the charge as fraudulent. Since we signed contracts agreeing to pay the charges AT&T could simply show the signed receipts to our credit card company and we would still be responsible for it. Unfortunately.

29 of 50 (699 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 18, 2011 12:10:47 PM
(0)
Mentor

trav323 wrote:

More importantly, AT&T doesn't actually charge the card until they ship.  So, there's nothing to dispute.

trav323 wrote:

More importantly, AT&T doesn't actually charge the card until they ship.  So, there's nothing to dispute.

30 of 50 (688 Views)